nose piearcings
Posted : 9 Feb, 2008 06:32 PM

what do guys think about nose piearcings on christian woman

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 27 Mar, 2008 01:12 AM

i personally dont like them ,,,,,,,, BUT,,,,,,, the children of Isreal didnt get into trouble in the wilderness until they took the jewlry and nose rings off. Of course tyhats when they built the golden calf,,,,,,, smile :peace:

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 15 Apr, 2008 04:25 AM

the bible tells us not to pierce any part of our body. I believe that it is not right to obey part of the bible and reject the rest.

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 7 May, 2008 05:38 AM

Body piercings, tatoos, body scarring etc were originally traditional of a peoples' Culture and custom.

Whether the tradition of these practices were religious in the non Christ sense, then that's when such practices do not have their foundation in Christianity and would be most likely a no no for a Follower of Christ to participate in - having said that, I have seen many, many, many women of the Faith with nose piercings and guys with facial piercings - they not knowing anything about the meaning or background of it but simply because they like the look of it.

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 10 May, 2008 12:51 AM

Hedge...

You are forgetting Gideon in Judges. Remember when he defeated the Ishmaelites? The descendents of Ishmael, Abraham's 1st son by the Egyptian maiden. Well...Hedge, remember the Ishmaelites wore earrings.

So...Gideon had his men take the earrings off their dead bodies. Then they melted down the gold and he built a statue-ephod-whatever you want to call it. Later...don't ask me how, the fool started bowing down and worshipping it in his backyard.

Ohhh...help me Jesus. Man has not changed...now we worship television. Anyway....the Ishmaelites wore EARRINGS!!! I will NEVER date a man who wears earrings. Hes a ISMAELITE!!! :hearts: heee.....heeee. Later....

Peace & Love

Seleta

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 10 May, 2008 05:01 AM

seleta,,,very good recount of the scrip,.,.,, yes jewlery was wore many times in the bible ,,,,,,

today it is not for me,,, i wore and ear ring in 1976 for 3 years then gave my heart to jesus and have not since,,,,,

it is important to remind ourselves that they're many of

Gods children who are all tatted and pierced up,,,,,,, my son is the home director of a christian rehab home,,,, many of the men who come there have tatoos all over their face, back, chest and legs and arms. Most are gang members or people who are homeless or have just gotten out of prison,,,,he is also the assoc. pastor of the Elserino victory church in L.A. Cali.most all their members have come from the streets, etc,,,,, 80% of all the women in the church have tattoos also and they came from the streets,,,,, their is so many gangs in LA and all over california,,,, most all churches here are filled with former gang members.....

these are the children of god who are treasures out of darkness according to Isaiah,,,,,, yes they all take their piercings out after they get saved,,,,,,, of course the tattoos stay,,,,,,, over 30,000 people met every day at the staples center in last july for a week, almost all former gang people,,,, praise God,,,,,bruce,,,, hedgedweller,,,,

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 12 May, 2008 05:15 AM

I love the Polynesian tatoos: )

Maybe because there's a connection with my ancestry - alot of Polynesian/Melanesian tatoos were originally associated with what tribe/clan you were from.

I think Eastern tatoos were more religious based (Eastern religions) don't quote me tho.

As a Follower of Christ, knowing what I know from the Bible, I wouldn't be getting a tat - but those who do it in ignorance of course are welcomed into the "Fold" with open arms! : )

ephesians522

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 6 Jun, 2008 06:30 AM

'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
nose piearcings
Posted : 9 Dec, 2020 06:41 AM

What does that have to do nose piercing...:-)