Author Thread: Windows 7
WillieDean

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 11:20 PM

Just starting using Windows 7 RC 64 bit. With the 64 bit, I've learned that there is a difference between 32 & 64.

I like the new windows OS, but am now waiting to put 32 bit Windows 7 RC. I guess other software providers are not in a hurray to up to 64. My opinion, so I might be wrong. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 16 Oct, 2009 10:44 PM

I can't seem to keep up w/technology . . . I've got XP & have wanted to upgrade to Vista & now Windows 7 is in. It was suggested to me that I change my OS b4 I upgrade any other programs like MS Office (I have a complete 07 version given to me free, complements of MS), currently using the 03 version, still commonly being used. I just haven't seen Vista on for a good priced, so haven't installed it yet. I also understand that MS Office has moved beyond 07. My PC is Vista ready (not sure about it being Windows 7 ready), so now I'm wondering about whether to upgrade to Vista or Windows 7 (new PC?), &/or Office 07 or the newer version I hear is out or will soon be out. Any suggestions?

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 12:10 AM

Couple of things I can answer quickly about Win7:

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what may happen to your computer should you follow my advice.

1. The Release Candidate will expire. When it expires, you are locked out of the system, I believe. So, Backup, backup, backup! And preferrably, put this on a test machine. The RC has a fair amount more polish to it, but it's still NOT a final copy.

2. If the computer can run Vista, chances are it can run Windows 7. (Vista had higher system requirements, IIRC.) Again, backup before install. (And personally, I recommend clean installs as a general rule. The exception to this is if you have one of those special manufacturer upgrades (i.e. you bought a computer before Windows 7 came out) They're a little more painful, but they are more stable IMHO.)

3. Office 2007 is the latest version. Last I heard, Office 2010 will be out in June and should be compatible with Windows 7. And yes, always good to install the OS first before upgrading, IMHO. Make sure whatever software packages you buy are compatible with Windows 7.

I think that's all the unanswered questions I saw on here.

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 14 Dec, 2009 08:55 PM

tristan

it's not really free since there the ones who benefiting. they will do well putting out the best they have (RC) for us to perfect (finding bugs etc).

anyways..

i'm running vista ultimate 7 64bit and i am loving it. it's smooth (ive got 3gb ram) and pretty (i'm a girl lol)!

Nyanda

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 15 Jul, 2010 06:53 PM

AH WINDOWS 7

DO NOT BUY IT YET AND DON'T EVEN STEAL IT:devil:

Like any new Windows you get to find out what it won't run. I had a hard drive crash and I bought a tower that had Win 7 in it.

The most evil part: There is an exe. in Win 7 called "Trusted Installer." This isn't like "Administrator." You are not "Trusted Installer." To get around it you have to put in the Disk and boot up on the disk. Then you have to go intorecovery and from there go onto the hard drive to do what you want.

Of course programs that ran on XP may not run on 7. Even if you use compatability on manual.

I have two HP printers and an HP scanner. The printers work but you can't align the heads. The scanner won't work and I have to use it on another computer that has XP.

I wanted to download some pictures from my phone/camera. The stupid Win 7 wanted to format the memory.

It comes with Windows Live Mail. Someone decided that if you type a letter inside brackets you get an icon instead of what you typed. Real fun if you are writing a law reference. If you change to the other font system you get a reddish font color which you have to change to black each time. It won't remember what you want. Go to help? Yeah right! Not much there.:rolleyes:

DO YOU LOVE EARTH DOT GOOGLE DOT COM? Win 7 doesn't. It kept deleting the icon on the desktop. Look in "All Programs." Nope it boots it out of there. I finally had to find it on the hard drive and then "pin" the icon to the bottom bar.

The updated version that is coming out just adds the fixes that have come along. I turned off the auto updates. I got tired of going to "System Restore."

LET'S HEAR IT FOR MICROSOFT! :nahnah::dunce::goofball::rolleyes::zzzz:

WillieDean

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 7 Aug, 2010 02:47 AM

The trial is over & I'm grateful I got Windows 7 Pro, thank God.

If you're still wondering, the RC would have shut down your computer ever so often.

I got win 7 pro on now. I like it. Didn't try vista, but I think there may be similarities.

Found out Windows Firewall works well, thank God.

I so enjoy Christian sites.:waving:

Page : 1 2