Author Thread: Windows 7
WillieDean

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 11:20 PM

Just starting using Windows 7 RC 64 bit. With the 64 bit, I've learned that there is a difference between 32 & 64.

I like the new windows OS, but am now waiting to put 32 bit Windows 7 RC. I guess other software providers are not in a hurray to up to 64. My opinion, so I might be wrong. What do you think?

WillieDean

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 11:22 PM

Forgot to mention that Windows 7 RC is free until June 1, 2010, thank God because I needed an OS. Just Google windows 7 & it'll take you to the download page on Microsoft.com.

Blessings everyone.

ian777

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 07:42 AM

Really? What happens to it after June? I'm inclined to test it out....

Ian

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 09:48 AM

I am SOOOOOOO in the wrong forum!!! Time to back away slowly and go stare at my microwave. I know how to work that.

ian777

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 10:17 AM

Haha!

Ah - but is it a 32 bit, or 64 bit microwave? What OS is it using?

Too funny.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 10:22 AM

Oh hey - Williedean; I just realized, that was 2010, not 2009. But seriously though - what happens to it then? Does it stop functioning and you have to pay to continue to use it? I know there was an issue with Vista and one of their patches that was free for a while, and then crashed and locked up the computerada - not good. MS worked overtime to fix that problem.

Just wondering.

Ian

tristan07

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 10:31 AM

anything free from microcrap makes me cringe... think test bunnies...

WillieDean

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 10:11 PM

I don't know, I've never had a free trial from Microsoft.

Are you using a different OS Tristan07? If so what?

Ian777, I didn't try vista, but I heard windows 7 is kind of like it.

Have a good day guys.

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 09:15 PM

I heard that Windows 7 is going to better then Vista. Vista tends to be a bit confusing at some points. Depends on the person. Some people love it and some people like me..are tolerate of it.

atlfan27

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 11:56 AM

@ian777

It starts to shut down every two hours. Windows 7 rocks!

View Profile
History
Windows 7
Posted : 15 Oct, 2009 01:29 AM

I'm running Windows 7 now. Less annoying security pop ups than Vista had. Much smoother performance. I'm using the 64 bit version too. Only issues so far was that adobe flash isn't made in a 64bit flavor yet, but there is a 32b it version of IE in the Programs folder (can't remember right off where) and you can install flash for it and use it if you want to check out youtibe, etc. So far, I'm pretty impressed.

Before the *nix fanboys chime in (ok, I might be one of those too - lol), I am a sysdamin and have machines in my home that run Linux, Solaris, Windows and OSX 10.5 so I'm notthe usual 'Bill gates can do no wrong' kind of guy. I just hapen to like 7 for certain things like I like Linux (unbutu mostly) for others. I really haven't found a specific reason to use OSX much though. Srry Mac peeps. :)

Tim

Page : 1 2