Author Thread: ...why would you wink? :)
Sundaybix

View Profile
History
...why would you wink? :)
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 04:04 PM

...seriously! lol

too lazy to write 'hi'?

..shy?

...got something in your eye?

:winksmile:

Sundaybix

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 04:49 AM

Thank you Ian :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 06:02 PM

As a female, I use the wink often because I'd much rather the guy initiate a conversation with me. By winking, I get the guy's attention without starting the conversation. However, the farthest I've gotten is someone I winked at viewing my profile. So perhaps this doesn't quite work with the guys.

And Ian - guys may have to suffer the "step out a risk rejection" thing but girls have to face the "wait forever until the guy I'm interested in notices me" problem. So it's equal. HA! Just kidding, but there is some truth to that :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 02:51 PM

once again ian asked what women's views are. :applause:

i have sent winks to men on this site, and was a means to express that their profile has caught my eye. I tend to expect two reactions: 1) He will write an email, or 2) not respond. These reactions would be after they read my profiles.

I have tried sending a message and will get the same type of responses. Unlike some of the women here, i haven't gotten any serious interest returned, and definitely no dates.

But i do like the forums. I don't care for the live chats, tend to be too hostile and even if in fun, i don't like to constantly banter, certainly don't want to read it.

Mika161

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 02:54 PM

"A scammer is someone who, say, posts a profile with a drop-dead gorgeous photo of a white, blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman from South Dakota, when in fact it is a bald, black man in Africa".

ROFL (Rolling On the Floor Laughing)

Ian, so well put, and helped me to get an idea what is meant by scammers

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 03:29 PM

dear mika, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

Mika161

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 02:14 PM

Thank you!

I'm not a Forum person, but once in a while I come across some topics that I find interesting, or helpful. Anyway, thank you once again, for your welcome :)

craig12345678910

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 01:19 AM

wow this site is pretty neat I didn't even realize it had forums... that's pretty exciting =~)

That being said I would guess if you get a lot of winks and not enough messages you should probably update your profile to make a conversation more accessible or easier to start. That is to say maybe leave some openings for questions or comments that could be used to initiate some sort of "chit chat".

I suppose if someone was shy they may use the wink as a "e-Flirt" of sorts just to see if they get a response before trying to spark any type of verbal interaction. In order to be noticed without any fear of rejection, but somehow when you get rejected online it's not as ....umm...... noticeable. (for lack of a better word):goofball:

Page : 1 2