Author Thread: Is it ok?
slj3_1

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:54 AM

In my profile I mention that my husband went home to be with Jesus. (He was a minister). He was so much a part of my life for so long that even after 2 years, I still find myself talking about him often.

Is it ok for me to make reference to him? Would that put anyone off?

Just asking,, Reponses needed.

God Bless, Sandy

ian777

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 09:02 AM

Wouldn't put me off. That's an important part of your life story.

there was one widow I was interested in over on CM - only lost her husband last fall; My only concern was "Is she really ready to move on?" but I know a couple of widows/widowers that were *married* within the first year after losing their spouse, and have had great marriages. They were lonely, that's all.

Ian

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 09:23 AM

Thanks Ian.

I believe I am ready to move on.

It is just hard for me to know how far to go in conversation about him. I also talk about Jesus alot. (Smile)

I know 2 ladies who remarried after losing their spouses, 1 waited 2 or more years and is very happy, the other married within the 1st year,, not so happy. You never know, I guess.

Any way, thanks again Ian.

Be Blessed, Sandy

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 06:34 PM

dear sandy, the way you put it up there , i dont see nuttin wrong with it..

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:38 PM

I refference my ex's alot, prolly to often for loni's liking haha, but it usualy acts as a very easy to come by refference point or example, she used to, I used to do with when she, I didnt like it when, etc etc. doesnt mean you still want to be with them (prolly different for a widow, I imagine) cause I sure dont want nothing to do with my ex, BLEH, but I guess moderation is the key eh?

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Is it ok?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:57 PM

You guys are great! Thanks for the input. Whether you know it or not God has you to encourage me.

God Bless, Sandy