Author Thread: Well how about that
tristan07

View Profile
History
Well how about that
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 03:57 PM

Ya'll know from some of my other posts, I have been struggling with a rough divorce and child custody of my babies.

Here's a few things I have been reminded about God lately.

I have been pretty down in the dumps, overwelmed with worry and stuff about the kids, work and all kinds of things. I have been letting my anger get the best of me, and a dark cloud has just been hovering over me.

IN the last few days God has done some very simple and VERY COMPLEX things to remind me that he has my, and in the end of course, his own, best interests in mind and though I at times cant see the forest for the trees, and there seems to be no help in sight or light at the end of the tunnel, my view point is mush more limited then his.

God will not let the wicked prosper

God will not forget his children

God is at times slow in how he acts and reacts to how sinners make decisions and do things, but in the end, he always repays the wicked for thier sin.

God really is to be feared, he lets nothing escape his notice.

God loves us, no matter what we do. He loves us in christ positionally, not based on our performance at any given time.

God is very concerned for the well being of small children, especially those who come from christian households.

Even when times seem thier worst, and no hope is in site, He is still at work and we will not perish.

we might not always get our way, but he always gets his way, which is always better for everyone concerned anyway.

God is always the same. He does not grow weary of watching after his flock.

Fools just do foolish things, you can't stop them, and there is no point in trying to keep them from digging themselves into holes they cant get out of.

When a fool does something that is intended to hurt you, it may appear to work at first, but it usualy back fires and ends up working in your favor if you give it time.

It always pays to be patient and wait to see what will happen, its always easy to hurry and and make a mistake you cant undo.

So that's where I am right now, and even though I have known all this stuff about God for years and years, I am still just a stupid sheep who needs a cane up the side the head once in a while as a reminder anyway.

God be praised, His ways are not our ways, and they darn sure are better.

Alex

ian777

View Profile
History
Well how about that
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 06:02 PM

Thanks for sharing Alex - it's a good reminder (again) that ya; sometimes we just need to be reminded of what we already know.

Still praying for ya, my heart goes out to ya man,

Ian

View Profile
History
Well how about that
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 11:43 AM

Wow! Alex, after reading your profile and your posts, it's obvious that you are a man after God's own heart and I know he will bless you for that. Keep following him and he'll knock your socks off will all the things he's got waiting for you :) And thanks for all of your encouraging posts on this website! Keep 'em coming :)

View Profile
History
Well how about that
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 02:48 PM

dear tristan, nice post , thanks for the reminder bro.

ole cattle

patou

View Profile
History
Well how about that
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 09:38 PM

I totally agree with you tristan07, this is a reminder for all of us to

remain humble and patient. Thanks for your post & God Bless.:angel: