Author Thread: Need A Woman's Prespective
Admin

Need A Woman's Prespective
Posted : 15 May, 2017 09:07 PM

Hello Ladies!!!!! I recently got my heartbroken and I need a woman's perspective. I met a woman on here about a month ago from Nashville, TN. I never thought she would write me back but when she did I was surprised and happy. We started talking and hit it off so well. The more we talked the more we discovered how much we had in common. She told me right away that she could tell that she was falling for me. She also told me that she really wanted to meet me and that she wished she could just come over to my apartment and hang out. I told her that I wished the same. She also told me that she could not literally wait to meet me. The next day we talked about meeting in person. I told her that I wasn't really comfortable traveling by myself because I've never done it before. I told her I would ask a good friend of mine to go with me but if he said no I told her that I was willing to take the plunge and come on my own. A few days later I contacted a travel agency here about booking a flight and hotel. The woman I spoke with told me if I went from June 3rd - June 10th I could get a flight for around $200. I told the woman from Nashville this and all of a sudden I felt like her demeanor/attitude changed. She told me that she was glad I was coming but that she couldn't hang out with me for the entirety of my trip and that she could only hang out with me at night. She also said that she was renovating her home so some renters could move in. I told her that that was okay and that we would figure something out. A few days later she left to travel to Nepal because she's a missionary/disaster relief responder and she works for Hope Force International and she was going to help the people over there. I didn't get to talk to her much and she didn't really talk to me while there. I started to feel like she was losing interest so I mentioned to her that she said in the beginning that she could tell that she was falling for me and I asked her if she still felt this way. I also reminded her that she said that she could not literally wait to meet me and I asked her if she still felt this way. I asked her these questions more than once because I wanted to be sure that she still liked me. She wrote me back and said: Now is not the time or place to have this conversation. The next morning I got a response from her that read: The answer to both questions is no. I feel like you're so insecure and that's a big turn off for me. You're a good guy. Just not for me. This all happened within a week. Ladies I need your help. Why would a woman do this? Why would asking a couple of questions more than once cause a woman to cut all ties with me? What could I have done differently? What can I do better next time? What could I do to get this person back?

LindseyC

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2017 09:31 PM

You cannot get her back because you never had her, if it is even a her. Sounds like you got catfished. I think you need to do some growing in the discretion department before you use a site like this. Booking airfare after 1 week. Seriously?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2017 11:07 PM

It's her. I talked to her on the phone. Growing in the discretion department? Who are you to come on here and judge me? I think you need to do some growing in the judgmental department. You don't know the whole story so I suggest you keep whatever thoughts you have to yourself. As my mother once told me....if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all. I was going to book a flight because she asked me to come see her in Nashville and I wanted to meet her.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 12:03 PM

I don't think she's judging you, you asked opinions, you got one... take it with grace.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 12:58 PM

Dude she insulted me by saying that I need to do some growing up in the discretion department. I don't take kindly to that. She doesn't know the whole story and if she has nothing nice to say then she should keep her mouth shut. You're right....I asked for opinions. I didn't ask for someone to be a tool on here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 06:55 PM

I believe God made it all so. If I were in your shoes, (I've had my share of rejections) yes I would be sad for a bit, because I'm human and the flesh is weak. And at the same time, I'd be holding on to God and trusting God because He makes me strong, gives me joy and gives me peace. I believe that God gave you this experience, with this woman, for a reason, or many reasons. The reasons are for you to seek out with the help of God, via Jesus. And the lessons learned also ultimately lead you to become closer to God. If you seek the one God has chosen for you, God willing, you shall be together, sooner or later. Whatever doesn't work out, I'd thank God for the experience and what I learned from the time shared with the person and be aware that I am one step closer to the one. If I were in your shoes, I also would not send her the letter. If I feel the desire to write a letter, instead of writing a letter to her, I'd write one to God and save it so I could read it again one day. Because, maybe, by the time I find that letter again and re-read it, God will have already blessed me in ways I just never thought possible around the time I wrote that letter, and the happiness I'd feel because of how grateful I'd be would be one of the best feeling ever. In the moments I feel sad about things not going as expected, what gives me joy and peace is knowing that God's plans for me are much much better than what I can ever imagine. If you love God, trust God, and fear God, then you know He's got you, and all that happens is because it is His plan for you, and you can't be anything other than well kept.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 07:30 PM

My emotions have been all over the place. When it happened I was sad. Then I went from sad to crying a bit. Then I went from crying to being angry. Then I went from being angry to not caring. It is her loss. She is the one missing out on a great guy. I do trust God but every time something like this happens it makes me not want to trust him. It makes me not want to be a Christian and go to church. I have prayed a lot asking God to send me someone special and it hasn't happened. I'm 32 years old and I'm not getting any younger. I've been rejected so many times it's not even funny. I don't know why God gave me this experience with this woman. I do know that if I had a chance to do it over again I know what I would do differently. I wouldn't share everything about me with her. I wouldn't share my personal life with her. I know that I wouldn't ask her those questions again. I definitely learned something though and that is not to believe anything a woman says. I felt like I needed to write her a letter. I want her to know how I feel and I think she needs to know how I feel. Whether she reads it or not and responds is up to her. I've done my part and I also feel that writing the letter will help me move on. It is easier said than done to love God, trust him, and fear him. I just want what everyone else has. Most of my friends are married and have children and it just kills me because I want what they have.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 08:01 PM

You said, "It is easier said than done to love God, trust him, and fear him." And I know what you mean. I am here to help you water the seeds of your faith and tell you that God wants you to depend on Him for everything. Give yourself in completely, surrender to God, ask Him, in the name of Jesus, to place the desire in your heart, and ask Him to help you so that you can surrender yourself to Him completely. When you do this, you will start to know what living a worry-free life is, it doesn't happen overnight, but every day you will understand more and more until you get there. God wants us to all get there. And then, you'll know of a joy and peace you have never felt before, something incomparable, and you will be able to move on quickly when rejections like this happen to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2017 08:48 PM

Depending on God for everything is easier said than done. Giving myself completely to God is easier said than done. I felt a sense of joy, peace, and love with this woman. I felt the love of God through her. I felt like God was telling me that this woman is the person he wanted me to be with. She made me so happy. She made me feel like I've never felt before. I felt so strongly about her that I was willing to move to Nashville to make things work.

LindseyC

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2017 08:44 AM

I think your overreaction to my comments just simply prove my case further.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2017 09:18 AM

Prove what? That your phony and fake? Look, I can say whatever I want. If you have a problem with my post then that's your problem. Good day!

Page : 1 2 3