Author Thread: Don't Get It
musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 5 Jul, 2017 10:26 AM

I just don't post here at all generally, and this has nothing really to do with "love and dating", but I can't figure out what women (maybe men do this to women too) come here for. They view me maybe once, maybe four times, yet when I try to engage them in "conversation" on messaging, they either read and ignore, or if they have messaged me first, and I compliment them, or try to just chat and have a new friend, that's it. Not one more word from them.

It's like a person going fishing. They get a bite, they either pull it in, get scared and throw it back, or refuse to pull the line out of the water at all. I'm so glad I no longer pay "hard to come by" money for these sites, and even free, it's hardly worth my time or bother. Maybe they're checking for a weather forecast, but there are web sites like The Weather Channel.com for that. This isn't it, ladies. I just don't get it.

I was on Christian Mingle for years, made some great friends there, both men and women, who also became great Facebook friends, but since they "remodeled" and worsened CM, doing away with forums, all I ever got was hit on by 20-30 year old scammers. Needless to say, I stopped paying wasted money on it. Never will again.

Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion of so-called "dating" sites.

musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 14 Jul, 2017 02:27 PM

Very interesting input from all and I appreciate it with the exception of being called an idiot and another insult or two from Rambo919. That right there is the main reason I never come to the chat forums. Too much flaming which I found out, is ignored if reported. They don't care, so it's fine to name call others. Not against their rules.

Blessings to all-

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 14 Jul, 2017 11:13 PM

GammaGM wrote: "Women over 30 don't need a man. They have all the stuff and children they need."

Well, not really. They might not need a man, but they might want one. I have a friend who is 50 years old (I am 36), and she appears to want to get married. She is desperate, but she is not desperate enough to marry anyone randomly. She knows what she is looking for, and she is trying to find the right man. So far she hasn't found him.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 14 Jul, 2017 11:34 PM

@musician47

Telling someone they are being/acting stupid is different from telling them they are Irrevocably stupid.... look closely and what I said and you will see that you are over reacting to it and feeling insulted because you choose to feel insulted probably due to being in a highly irritated state.... no one is above correction and no I am not flaming you.

Girl_at_Sunset

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 28 Jul, 2017 11:53 AM

Hmmm... such a nice conversation)))))) okay... a view from a strange creature (which might also be hypocrical, who knows?))) Dear Musician, may I ask what AGE of women do you contact? this might give me some understanding of the and Imight be able to answer your question in case you REALLY need an answer and not just pour out your emotions. Which is also a natural wish.

As for us, girls, hypocrites... Well, unfortunately a lot of us are((( that's a stubborn fact. But a lot of us as well seek something decent and worthy or the lifetime. Sooo it's kinda the same stereotype that can be put the other way round: all guys want sex. But knowing these stereotypes doesnt help anyone to find a mate. Cz SHE or HE might be an exclusion to the rule. But you wontfind it out unless you actually talk to person. What would you say?

musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 22 Aug, 2017 08:57 AM

I haven't looked back on this thread until today. Not much good coming from my even bothering to start it.

But I do know now that happiness will be ALL dating web sites in my rear view mirror. They're all scammers. Just got done being tested by one that is 63, not some 22 year old. Got Admin to check 'em out, sure enough, another scammer.

I'm out of this. Post away, I won't even see it.

Done and DONE.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 27 Aug, 2017 05:55 AM

Cmon Guys !!!

everyone knows rambo is a provocateur, look past the insults and you might actually see something worthwhile, oh look baby....bathwater....

I read the offending post and too be honest it's a nothing burger, a picture painted in as few words as possible, he was actually pointing to a well known way of women, I too can take offence, after reading the posts it became apparent that no one actually had much to say from that point other than signalling their offence ? over what ? a phrase ? if you want to fight have a good reason that is easily identifiable and not confused with a misquote, virtue signalling is possibly more offensive than racism.

I wholeheartedly agree Rambo is a pain, but he is a valuable and cherished pain in the.... and I for one value his input and try to look past any stupidity, oh wait I'm guilty of that too.... must book in for hypocrisy checkup ! fiddlesticks my do as I say and not as I do levels are slightly elevated today..... DOCTOR !

oops forgot to say love covers a multitude of sins

and another, dead people don't get offended have you died in christ ? have you forgiven....oops elephant in room, better get the brush out, now where's the carpet.

in summary if you are gonna pull down make sure you have a framework to lift back up, it's a Jesus thing.... and some one send rambo a cuddly toy ! he deserves it !

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 27 Aug, 2017 05:59 AM

ps @ girl at sunset

nicely balanced response and as some one who doesn't fit into convention nicely balanced response, two compliments for the price of one

musician47

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 7 Sep, 2017 07:48 AM

Druggies here too? Nice.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 7 Sep, 2017 12:14 PM

"I'm out of this. Post away, I won't even see it.

Done and DONE. "

Make up your mind man, either stay or go. This is the behavior of a child, I should know as I initially tried it the same kind of "pain signaling" and fit-throwing years back online before I outgrew it and the weeks of pointless rage did not work out well for me either.

@OtisDesigns it's not as if I TRY to be a provocateur... I just have this terrible habit of seriously pointing out the pink elephants in any given room I walk into.. and sometimes pointing and at the naked emperors which admittedly is not always the wisest course of action.... If I do provoke it's best to assume I'm reproving rather than condemning, I don't actually have all that many condemnations left anymore these days but that's another matter... TBH I (ironically) initially thought you were a troll with your habit of giving very "almost oily" replies I suppose I can say.

View Profile
History
Don't Get It
Posted : 7 Sep, 2017 12:15 PM

I did not put that smiley in there btw...

Page : 1 2 3