Author Thread: Why would you want to marry a non christian?
ExodusMovement

View Profile
History
Why would you want to marry a non christian?
Posted : 10 Nov, 2017 07:03 PM

So many reasons, but really, if you love Jesus why would you want to marry someone outside the faith? How much could you really have in common? Worldly commonalities that profit little.

Now of course, if you are already married and come to the faith, than its different.

Anyway, that's my word of advice.

Happy searching.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2018 11:48 AM

It boils down to two reasons really. One being that they are simply rebellious and think they know better than the KING they profess to follow. The second reason being that they are ignorant of Gods word because they never bother to read it. It is never a good idea to step out of the will of God because if one is truly redeemed in Christ ; they will be chastened. God may forgive but he will also let his children suffer the consequences. Sometimes the consequences are life long burdens.Sinning against the Living God is a very bad idea. Rebellion is not from God but from the flesh and the enemy.

Dazz

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2018 09:35 AM

Because many Christians aren't schooled in this, it doesn't seem to be a popular sermon topic.

And some young women have their priorities all wrong,

their heads are easily turned,

and like women everywhere they expect men to change.

There was a younger lady at church, mid 30's now. Pretty, but overly bleached and made-up, somewhat vain and focused on appearances and other superficial things. As a younger lady she was taken in by the charms of a young hunk who professed Christianity to be with her, and they were married. After years of misery and abuse, and him coming & going from the marriage, he finally left her and their young kids permanently.

After getting her life back on track, recommitting herself to Jesus, and getting settled in church. She dumped and broke the heart of a good bloke at church because he was not fun enough, and went right back to dating non-believers. Apparently on the assumption that if she was able to drag them along to church a couple of times, that was somehow good enough.

And where was the church leadership in all this? Completely silent. (Just one of many reasons I nolonger attend that church.)

I have joined a few Christian Singles groups and events, and I am staggered at the number of Christian women happy to date somebody they met at work, or at a party, etc.

And the excuses they have!

It's as though being Christian is about 10th on their lists of must haves.

Which is very frustrating.

Page : 1 2