Author Thread: Pro-Life?
Admin

Pro-Life?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 06:47 PM

Hi, I'm Sam,

I am curiousm as I am rather new here. Is this a pro-life site? And, would it be possible for a true Christian to be pro-abortion?

Now, it's your turn.

:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 08:59 PM

dear sam, welcome to the forums. i for one am totally against abortions.

and far as a true christian bein pro abortion.. it is my belief that there taint no such thing as a true christian.. youre either a christian or ya aint.. GOD is not a respector of persons.. so one christian aint no better than another.. were as christians all the same in GODS eyes.. some are just at a different place in their walk than others.. thats all.

so my answer to your second question can a christian be pro abortion ..they could be but theyd be goin against what the bible clearly lays out for us. and therefore would be supporting sin. and would be in the wrong.

ole cattle

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 09:33 PM

Amen, Amen, Amen, ole cattle.

Sandy

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:26 PM

I agree with Cattle, but I also know what you mean with the term "real Christian." There are many that I doubt own a Bible that will label themselves as Christian because it's what their parents were, or it's what's most popular in this country. They aren't interested in following Christ at all and may even tell you they don't believe in what the Bible says - yet, they call themselves Christian. A speaker (don't remember who - Chuck Swindoll maybe?) once said, "Sitting in a church doesn't make me a Christian any more than standing in my garage makes me a car." Too true. However, I know what Cattle meant, that we shouldn't judge others on their beliefs or where they are in their walk with God.

Anywhooo, in answer to your question, I hope this is predominantly a pro-life site. I don't believe the question of abortion being right or wrong comes up often here, maybe that's a good sign. I think most here are in favor of following what the Bible teaches.

Blessings!

Lynn

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 11:38 PM

Hi Cattle,

If there can be a "false Christ" why can't there be false christians? True Christians would simply be the opposite of a false Christian.

It is written, "For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders..." (Matthew 24:24/NKJV) If someone would follow a false christ, would they not be a false christian?

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:19 AM

dear sam,, glad youre discussin things..i like to see folks ask questions. way i see it is anyone can call themselves a christian.. that in itself dont make em a christian.. therefore theyre either saved, and a christian or they aint.. heres the problem i have with folks sayin would a true christian or real christian do such and such.. there aint two sets of christians one real christians and one set just plain christian.. there aint a first class and a second class of christians. ya see were all as christians ,1st class sons and daughters of the KING most high. and JESUS seen each one of us as worthy of dying for. HE didnt see first class or second class.. but yet HE seen us all as HIS flock.. and thats the way i tend to see folks too.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 02:06 PM

Hi Cattle,

As I see it, whether "Christian" or "True Christian," is just a matter of semantics. But, we do the same thing. There are people who call themselves "Christian" that are not. I just use the word "true" to differenciate the two.

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 02:10 PM

It's a shame there's no way to correct mistakes after posting. I meant to say, "But, we do seem to see the same thing."

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:02 PM

dear sam, hey bro, i understand you now that were sayin the same thing its just a difference in our wording.. though i still cringe when i see the words true or real christians . as to me its still either you are a christian or ya aint.. im a simple man.. maybe too simple for my own good sometimes hehe.. youre cool and im glad to call you brother.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 08:57 PM

I do agree, you are either a Christian or you're not. I just use adjectives as a clarification. I guess I get that from my days in communications. I've been a radio announcer, during which time I did news, sports and weather. I also am a published writer. Some of my work has been published by the local newspaper, and I published my own for a while. Being precises is a part of me.

Say - what is this thing - :MrT:

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Pro-Life?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 11:27 PM

I am GIGGLING right now!!!!

It's Mr. T.

Blessings!!

Lynn

Page : 1 2