Author Thread: Do you believe in 'love'? or have people grown too cold and self-centered to have true, loving emotions, for another?
Admin

Do you believe in 'love'? or have people grown too cold and self-centered to have true, loving emotions, for another?
Posted : 3 Dec, 2017 06:48 PM

Has the concept of 'love' been so twisted that the beauty of 'real, heart-pounding, selfless, do whatever you can for the well-being of another, because you love them' love... been destroyed by culture's moral decline?

View Profile
History
Do you believe in 'love'? or have people grown too cold and self-centered to have true, loving emotions, for another?
Posted : 4 Dec, 2017 12:33 AM

Only in pop culture and in "mellenial culture" whatever exactly that means. People have loopholes and backdoors for everything now with a "as long as it feels good it must be good" attitude. People themselves are selfishly emotion centered and just plain weaker in general than their forebears because society has demolished all "opressive" control structures that once forced people to be independently strong.

It's like forcing someone to be a perpetual child and them handing him the keys to the gun safe because he happens to turn 18. Then you turn around and blaim the gun when the idjit ends up hurting someone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2017 09:10 PM

Wow Rambo - I just can't help but think you are one in a million... : ) I love your responses... !!!!! You really should have a syndicated opinion column or something of that nature... lol....

thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.... always a pleasure... ~b~ : )

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2017 07:21 PM

AQW many have a huge wall keeping others out, self preservation. I understand that people hurt. This past Sunday's message included, � No real intimacy without becoming vulnerable to hurt.� God wanting to have intimacy with us by His birth became vulnerable.

I have difficulty with it too but if after a while if I believe there's a connection, I take the chance to know more. I trust that God will guide us.

If there will be differences but if they become too big or important, then you have to move on. At least you won't be wondering What if?

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2017 07:24 PM

... No "the beauty of 'real, heart-pounding, selfless, do whatever you can for the well-being of another, because you love them' love... been destroyed by culture's moral decline?" has not been destroyed. It takes some people longer to get there.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2017 03:07 AM

Noticed this too - moral decay in people. Today, while truth has a bodyguard of lies, love has a bodyguard of control schemes.

I'm convinced today that many secular people believe that love is about what you can get out of a relationship rather than what you have to offer to another and it's certainly the self-seeking or self-centered coldness that was originally mentioned.

We're all picky, we have have certain looks we're attracted to. Back to the original point - if seeking love is about you, it's NOT love. If seeking love is about giving something to someone other than you, it could very well be love.

What I see mostly these days is a psychology barrier in place to keep people from accepting anything other than the specific programming they rec'd throughout life. While it can be a good mental martial art for both defense and offense, in the end it's still projection and control upon another or one's self and far from being original - the pharisee's were big on control too. Love doesn't control, it creates freedom the same way God allows free will in the world including the free will of those who don't serve Him. What I'm referencing in this paragraph is not the same as being in marriage and sanctifying your spouse for God's use. Jesus is the Savior, and if married your spouse is the one who helps set you up for God's use.

I'm just seeing way too much sloppy psychology projected around these days of which people use to selfishly control others. Psychology is still rooted upon Freudian thinking (rational thinking) rather than logic which is seen often throughout the New Testament.

Without God, life can easily teach people to only look out for numero uno and God's supposed to be #1 in your life if you want all of the blessings and the relationship like no other.

My apologies as this was mostly an early morning rant. Psychology can also be a useful tool to encourage others as well being that it's a socially accepted "language". I always just seem to see more harm than good with it as people are using it for personal/self gain.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2018 06:04 PM

In order to love a person and I mean any person, you must love Jesus Christ above everything, including yourself. People may think there in love, but most of the time there in love with themselves. So yes I believe in love but first self must be dead and we must surrender our will to Jesus Christ daily.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2018 03:20 AM

I might have lost my belief in love, people nowadays are so self-centered and selfish. The love of money and worldy things have taken center stage in most relationships.