Author Thread: a little sermon on , racism
Admin

a little sermon on , racism
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 01:01 PM

dear folks, today id like to talk to ya a little bout racism..

galatians 3: 26-29 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

, im just a ole countryboy with a half of 8th grade education... so i aint so book smart but what the heck do folks mean when they say a 3rd world country ?! where i come from if its the best its number 1 .. so is this telling me that a 3rd world country is like 3rd best or 3rd class? now i really dont know what that means but ill tell you for sure what kind of people they are.. if they have asked forgiveness of their sins.. and prayed to GOD and say that they believe that JESUS lived here on earth and died on the cross for us.and that they believe HE rose on the 3rd day and is now at the right hand throne of GOD to interceed for our sins.. and asked HIM into their hearts and truely meant it and believed it then no matter where they come from ,or where theyre at in life or social standing.. no matter race color creed or male or female ... we are all one in CHRIST JESUS...so 3rd class ,3rd world my foot !,theyre 1st class sons and daughters of a KING!!!!AMEN AND PRAISE GOD!!!! thank you JESUS...

acts 17: 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation

see as you can read there in acts 17:26 that GOD made us all one blood for all nations. thats means we are all one big family. i never had it sink into me as hard as this verse did. people we all are made of one blood.. thats kinda powerful when ya go lookin at folks who are different skin color than you aint it.. knowin we all come from the same blood. there is no superior race folks.. treat each other as equals and youll be doin GODS words..

>galatians 3:28 there is neither jew,nor greek,there is neither slave ,nor free,there is neither male nor female;for you are all one in CHRIST JESUS < so when we look at others we should only see exactly who we see when we look in the mirror .. dont look at anyone any differently.. because we are one and the same , all saved by the blood of the LAMB.. people, there is so much discrimination in our world today... you know it is so much better where i live now as to what it was like when i was a kid.. but we still got along ways to go... you know just because someone looks a little different than us, or speaks a little different than us, or isnt in our social click,wears different clothes different colors of hair or whatnot... us as christians have got to be the ones to take the lead here and see them for what they truely are .. and thats one of us... because we are made one now.. and GOD wants all men to be saved..

none of us are any better than anyone else.. matter of fact we are to edify others and to esteem others better than ourselves... now how can you do that if you speak of a person or persons race creed color or sex in a negative way? or ya look down upon them?

were all one in CHRIST JESUS we all bleed red... so lets all try to see one another as if we are lookin in the mirror.... now i know some of yawl hope you dont see my ole mug starin back at ya in your mirror hehe but you know what i mean.. may GOD do something wonderful in your lives today...

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD!

ole cattleman

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:39 AM

I think 3rd world country means they're not rich in worldly goods, they're poor. I don't think it has anything to do with skin color.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 06:00 AM

I think you are right sis...still, could it be that if we were to consider the people that make up these "3rd world" countries we would see that by and large they are people of color?...and might there be some correlation between poverty and skin color?

Many studies have been conducted here in the USA that have drawn such inferences...indeed one need not pull collegiate studies, one need only pull up such online sites as the US Dept of Labor & Statistics or US Dept of Justice or if you prefer - your state websites or census data...

Perhaps though the question is whether or not such evidence flys in the face of what ole cattle might have meant: We refer to the needy/poor as 3rd world because they lack such resources but how does God see them?

There is much said in the Bible about the poor but my summation having studied the subject is a little different from what some might expect - The poor of the Bible are not shown in "undue" favoritism but there are many scriptures that call to task those that acknowledge or observe the "poor" to show "justice and grace" as he/she might to someone, some nation perhaps that is not poor. Check it out for yourself. It would be interesting to see what you might come up with in your scriptural study of the poor.

Love in Christ Jesus, your sis - Elise

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 12:13 AM

lol ok, I can be a bit ditzy at times, I just now discovered how to keep track of the forums I've posted on. I'll get back to you on that :rolleyes: