Author Thread: Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2018 07:27 PM

It HURTS. The nicest woman can grow claws when betrayed. But it in a way makes us stronger if we can get through it and see we were NOt wrong to LOVE, to HOPE, to enjoy that sweet feeling of belonging to someone special, hearing them talk on the phone say all the right words and spin dreams, if they chose to shatter and rip those dreams, we stand in the mangled threads LOST, ALONE, but we STILL have GOD and HE loves us TRULY. And with HIS help one day we will find a mature man who can stand by us, laugh with us, hold us, cherish us, LOVE us.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 12:53 AM

There needs to be an edit function on this forum. Sorry I got mixed up with that chapter. Yes the part in 1 Corinthians 7 is applicable as well. The part that isn't a commandment starts at verse 7 when Paul says it is good that the unmarried remain single like himself. So there are numerous parts in the bible which shows Christians should practice monogamy.

Sorry to the OP for the numerous posts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 01:57 AM

Well like I said (and a point that was completely ignored) a lot of people confuse what you must not do (sin) with what you should not do (stupid). If the culture permits it marrying more than one woman is not directly a sin unless at the point of marriage none of the parties had been taught or self-taught well enough to understand that God does not want multiple pairings in any way.

Once you are married (in the sight of God) however you are married and simply having been stupid enough to think that marrying multiple partners was a great idea in itself is not grounds for divorce. You cannot correct a previous mistake with yet another mistake.... the possible exception being having a small army of wives....

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 08:16 AM

Are you saying that God giving King David multiple wives is a stupid act? Cause that is what the verse states. That God "GAVE" wives to David. Also, no it does not seem stupid that throughout the whole old testament all many of the tribes had multiple wives for the exact reason of having lots of children and listening to Gods wishes of multiplying. God even used himself as a parable having multiple wives! Like I said. I would be very cautious stating that is against Gods will in all situations even though the Bible actually never says that and many many situations actually show the opposite.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 08:40 AM

A study of 2 Samuel 12 (verse 8) will show that this is true. God "gave" wives to David 7 to be exact...

Later, after David killed a soldier for his wife and marrying her, he was condemned for that specific act (adultery and murder). BEFORE this it is clearly shown that God was pleased with David:

"Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. "

1 Kings 15:5

Two verses before that, in 1 Kings 15:3, the Bible says that David's heart was perfect with the LORD God.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 08:51 AM

Gods Parable of his multiple wives:

-Ezekiel 23:1-4:

The word of the Lord came to me: 2 �Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother. 3 They played the w h o r e in Egypt; they played the w h o r e kin their youth; there their b r e a s t s were pressed and their virgin bosoms handled. 4 Oholah was the name of the elder and Oholibah the name of her sister. They became mine, and they bore sons and daughters. As for their names, Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.

and again:

Jeremiah 3:6�11:

6 The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah: �Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the w h o r e ? 7 And I thought, �After she has done all this she will return to me,� but she did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8 She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with ta decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the w h o r e . 9 Because she took her whoredom lightly, she polluted the land, committing adultery with stone and tree. 10 Yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah did not return to me wwith her whole heart, but in pretense, declares the Lord.�

11 And the Lord said to me, x�Faithless Israel has shown herself more righteous than treacherous Judah.

Jesus's parable of multiple wives:

-Mathew 25:1 also states:

�Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 10:24 AM

You willfully misread. God gave David power, including the ability to have multiple wives.... the reprove was that even this was not enough for David... one of many times David's heart was NOT perfect... His heart was NOT always in the right place initially the praise of him comes from him ENDING with his heart perfect. Also nothing of his story shows that polygamy is a good thing since it only ever caused him problems.

Secondly none of those references are positive press for polygamy.

Thirdly.... those 10 virgins are NOT brides but bridesmaids...

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 10:31 AM

Regardless:

Gods Parable of his multiple wives:

-Ezekiel 23:1-4:

The word of the Lord came to me: 2 �Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother. 3 They played the w h o r e in Egypt; they played the w h o r e kin their youth; there their b r e a s t s were pressed and their virgin bosoms handled. 4 Oholah was the name of the elder and Oholibah the name of her sister. They became mine, and they bore sons and daughters. As for their names, Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.

and again:

Jeremiah 3:6�11:

6 The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah: �Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the w h o r e ? 7 And I thought, �After she has done all this she will return to me,� but she did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8 She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with ta decree of divorce. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the w h o r e . 9 Because she took her whoredom lightly, she polluted the land, committing adultery with stone and tree. 10 Yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah did not return to me wwith her whole heart, but in pretense, declares the Lord.�

11 And the Lord said to me, x�Faithless Israel has shown herself more righteous than treacherous Judah.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 10:37 AM

God was referring to his wives because the subject was about taking wives. He was saying why did you kill to get a wife when i gave you 7! Ive given you plenty of examples throughout the bible. All you can say is it is stupid or not ideal. Well, your not God so what you think does not implicate what is sin or what others should do. Your entitled to your views. Imposing them on others is a different story. You cant show any reference to a sin of having two wives. I enjoyed our conversation though. Thanks for the thoughts but Ive heard them all before already.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 11:39 AM

oregonsben do you believe the bible contradicts itself? I need to know this because throughout the bible there are verses advising against having multiple wives and verses that straight up command us not to have multiple wives.

You keep talking about other verses where men of God had multiple wives and say that makes it ok. Please tell me how a parable about having multiple wives suddenly means having multiple wives is ok? Just because Jesus told a parable does not mean the individual events happening in the parable are ok. The parable in Matthew 25:1 was used to show that the wise will be ready for the coming of Christ and foolish will not be. The meaning of that parable was explained in Matthew 25:13 and it had nothing to do with polygamy.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 11:43 AM

Please read pages 1-3. Ive posted lots of info thanks

Page : 1 2 3 4