Author Thread: Isolation
Admin

Isolation
Posted : 17 Mar, 2018 04:30 PM

Why do we isolate when we need our sisters and brothers in Christ? This year has been so difficult and I feel more alone than I ever have. Part of me is afraid of judgement from my Christian friends. I feel that people who offer advice or help when they have never been through divorce are kind but it is usually not helpful. So what do I do... isolate. Any ideas? Off limit topics...? I need to come out of the shell I have been hiding in.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Isolation
Posted : 2 Jun, 2018 11:01 AM

I think it's because we are afraid to ask for help. I suffered a bereavement last year and could really have done with some counselling. I still have my sad days but am so thankful to God for bringing me through.

View Profile
History
Isolation
Posted : 3 Oct, 2019 04:29 PM

I'm dealing with this right now, myself. I am an introvert, and I am also a very busy single mom to teens. I'm in a position of Christian leadership in a small town, and I am the daughter of a well known pastor. Everything I do or say gets back to my dad, and he makes sure to comment on it... this makes me very cautious about every move I make. The details of my divorce were personally embarrassing to me (my ex-husband is very openly sexually immoral), and there is literally nobody in town that I feel the freedom to open up to. It's very isolating! The first chance I get, I'll be moving away, Lord willing. In the meantime, my entire social life is online. I would love to have a group of friends to go out and do things with, but for now, I isolate out of necessity.