Author Thread: brother's and sister's
Admin

brother's and sister's
Posted : 28 Apr, 2018 09:02 AM

aren't we call each other as a brother and sister here since we are fellow believers of Christ? mostly guys who sent me messages ,I called them brother and they said I shouldn't call them brother because this is a dating site.

are they true believers ?

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 28 Apr, 2018 07:54 PM

In American culture at least, it's rather uncommon to refer to someone as a brother/sister in Christ outside of a church context, and even then one would use the full phrase of "brother in Christ."

Just calling someone brother casually kinda catches them off guard, especially in the contexts of messaging someone on a dating site. It's not a reason to question if they're Christian or not.

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 29 Apr, 2018 10:41 AM

The same is true in Canada.

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 08:58 AM

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, but if a lady called me "brother," it would sound really-really weird to me, because I have a brother. And when we're having fun, I say, "Hey brother!" That's how we call each other jokingly sometimes. To illustrate how "brother" sounds to me, imagine this : You meet a boy one day somewhere, and he calls you "Mama!" how would you feel? Lol

777pyromaniac

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:06 PM

I don't mind it. In my circle of friends, we often call each other "brother" and "sister". I can see how some people might get a little weirded out by it, but it doesn't bother me. I have a good friend from Brazil who calls me "irmao", which means "brother".

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 4 May, 2018 06:49 PM

childofgod

I agree with you in the use of the terms. Some wom/en need to hear this being said to them to help reinforce that we in fact under spiritual authority to treat each other that way...

It is also respectful

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 12 May, 2018 01:25 AM

hahaha! thanks for your comment, I grow up in a cointry that though we aren't related by blood we call them brother, sister, auntie, uncle or granny.

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 12 May, 2018 01:28 AM

hahaha! thanks for your comment, I grow up in a country where we can call them brother, sister, auntie, uncle or granny though we aren't related by blood **

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 12 May, 2018 07:58 AM

If a female called me brother, whether at Church or anywhere else, I would believe, correctly or incorrectly, she just wanted to be friends.

Its called being put in the "friend zone"

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 12 May, 2018 03:56 PM

I don't give a rat's behind either way. I don't see it as a criteria to judge one's salvation. Sending a genital photo is such a criteria.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
brother's and sister's
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:13 AM

You're correct. Ignore them. They weeded themselves out. Give God thanks for that. Be wise. Not everyone who calls Lord, Lord, shall be saved. Many go to church or self-knight themselves as a Christian yet are wolves in sheeps clothing. " Though they worship me with their lips, their hearts are far from."- God.

Page : 1 2