Author Thread: enjoy...share some of your own and/or let me know what you think!!
proudlycanadian

View Profile
History
enjoy...share some of your own and/or let me know what you think!!
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 07:38 PM

just thought id post some of my favorite quotes...some from movies, songs, the bible, and that i just picked up from somewhere...i believe that they all say something important...sooo, take a look...let me know what you think and post some of your own favorites!!

** Some of my favorite quotes **

"all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

john 15:9-17

"as the father has loved me, so have i loved you. now remain in my love. if you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as i have obeyed my father's commands and remain in his love. i have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. my command is this: love each other as i have loved you. greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. you are my friends if you do what i command. i no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. instead, i have called you friends, for everything that i learned from my father i have made known to you. you did not choose me, but i chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit�fruit that will last. then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name. this is my command: love each other."

"the smallest light in deepest darkness will draw a crowd"

"i am only one, but still i am one. i cannot do everything, but still i can do something, and because i cannot do everything i will not refuse to do the something that i can do"

"time is way to precious to spend it being cool"

"i'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the one who gave it all. i'll stand, my soul lord to you surrendered - all i am is yours"

"i've found a reason for me to change who i used to be, and the reason is you"

"here i go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you - you are my only one, i let go 'cause there's just no-one who loves me like you do - you are my only, my only one"

"jesus, you are all that i need to survive - just letting you know"

"loneliness has left me searching for someone to love, poverty has changed my view of what true riches are. sorrow's opened up my eyes to see what real joy is, pain has been the catalyst to my heart's happiness. this is the good life, i've lost everything i could ever want and ever dream of. this is the good life i found everything i could ever need here in your arms."

"we should get jerseys, 'cause we'd make a good team, but yours would look better than mine 'cause you're out of my league"

"before God can use you greatly, he must wound you deeply"

"if you pretend to be something/someone long enough that just might become who you really are"

"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. it is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. we ask ourselves, "who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" actually, who are you not to be? you are a child of God. your playing small does not serve the world. there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. we were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. it is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

"you are the love of my life.

your love caught me blind

changed my heart and opened my eyes

to all that you are

you're beautiful.

my everything you're wonderful."

muhugcy

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 07:03 PM

This is an awesome idea! I liked the idea behind "I am only one, but still I am one..." Love the song w/ the lines "I'll stand w/ arms high and heart abandoned, in awe..." such an awesome picture of how completely I want to be turned over to Him.

A few of mine:

"If we are like them, what do we have to offer them? Darkness doesn't need a little less darkness. It needs light."

"'Twas much, that man was made like God before,

But, that God should be made like man, much more."

"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;

For those, whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,

Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me."

"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings, You are my everything, and I will adore You!"

Ps. 139:7-10

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

proudlycanadian

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 07:55 PM

awesome! thanks for replying :)

another one i came across this past sunday in church.

"a successful man (or person lol) is one who can lay a firm foundation using the bricks that others throw at him"