Author Thread: OK Gentlemen...I have a question
Ladybug2009

View Profile
History
OK Gentlemen...I have a question
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 07:19 AM

I instant messaged a man and asked him a simple question. I asked he stated he lived in Colorado and his profile showed Californina.

I was curious because it made no sense. He totally ignored me and shut the messenger down. I thought we got dicontected, so I tried 2 more times. He opened it and closed it right away.

Would this imply this man isn't an honest one? I don't want to be judgemental, just want to be careful

Any replies welcomed

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:25 AM

I have never posted before but thought this was a great time,from what I have saw from dating sites from over the years is, that mot people who does that are from another country and are scammers, I don't know know the gentleman but from what I have seen from over the years, I would say that could be it.

Andy

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 09:38 AM

well from my position, I have my little instant chat thingy open alot, and sometimes if i dont know who it is, like its out of the blue, i just x it out cause im usualy in live chat talking to freinds and i usualy only IM with ppl I know for prayer and such.

in the last few days I have had it open several times with ppl who barely speak english, and though i am pretty good at wading trhough other languages, i just kinda am now in the mood?

an IM is like a personal thing to me, like a jump up in your face thing, if you wink at me or send me an email, I pretty much always respond nicely but IM's no cause i save that for serious conversations.

and since im not lookin to date anyone, im pretty picky about who i have a convo with in IMs

make sense?

Ladybug2009

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 10:20 AM

So would you suggest I email instead and ask my queston?

I don't want to wink as i'm not intereasted in that way, I was just curious

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 11:00 AM

yes, just send mail, less intrusive

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 12:53 PM

dear ladybug, it could be possible that hes moved and doesnt know how to change the profile.or maybe thats where hes originally from... or hasnt had time. or maybe he just made a big slip up that says deceitful. if he hung up on you on messinger.. you should just leave him be.. he aint gonna answer your email either.

and welcome to the forums.. you and the nc guy.. continue to post as we like to hear what ya think..

ole cattle

Boazsruth

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:39 AM

okay I dont know how this works but I have sent several messages to men on here. Some of them because I really liked their passion for Christ and I complimented their faith. I knew that they were not interested in me because some wanted someone who could have children or another wanted a non-smoker which I am but every now and then i like a smoke just like a great minister named spurgeon, loved to have a cigar.

MY QUESTION IS WHY CANT THEY ANSWER ME? Do men on here only want to talk to the one who might be it? I answer everyone reguardless if they have an education, live in a house on wheels or are missing teeth...i dont want to pick a man out. i want God to. I already tried and failed at it. So if he looks like fred flintstone and only made it to 8th grade..guess what I dont care because God has chosen the weak things of this world to confound the wise. the foolish things. I'd rather have a man who was full of Gods love and the holy spirit than some 6 pack shallow 6 figure salary...

do I sound angry? probably, but its just because of ignorance. Can it really hurt to become friends with a woman on here?

If you answer her e-mail does she think you want to marry her? I could care less. I have a husband his name is Jesus Christ...

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:19 AM

Hey Boaz Ruth,

Actually - that happens both ways. A lot of men get the same thing from a lot of women here. I don't know all the reasons either. I agree - I've met a lot of fine ladies here and had some wonderful conversations that have been very beneficial; and yet even if I may find them attractive, it's not going to go beyond friends.

there's more to it than you're thinking though; sometimes its that someone is here only find a mate, and if you're not it, they don't want a pen pal or spend time talking with something they're not going to be involved with.

Or sometimes they're just too busy doing something else, or...

There's lots of reasons I'm sure - try not to take it too personal. We all experience this.

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:53 PM

This is a dating site and maybe he thought you were just asking that questions to open a door to a conversation?

I mean, why else would you be interested in the conflict of states in his profile if you weren't interested in talking to him? So possibly he wasn't interested in talking to you so he closed the door. That is a blessing in itself, it saved you time and possible heartache if he were to talk to you and got your hopes up then turns out he wasn't interested.

I would appreciate someone who wasn't interested to just not open the door to communicate, that way I can just move right along.

Cover more ground that way. :nahnah:

Boazsruth

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:21 PM

I guess thats my confusion. I dont want to pick out a man. I would like to have friends who are both men and women who are Christians. You can meet a christian man or women on here and be attracted to them and end up marrying them and they are not the one God wanted or needs you to be with in order to be the greatest light for his kingdom.

When Abraham's servant went to the well and prayed Lord let the woman that you want for my master Isaac to not only offer to get water for me but for my camels also. Rebekah shows up and she says here let me fetch you some water and i'll get some for your camals also...He let the LORD almighty pick her out! I already tried to do it myself and it didnt work so now i will wait on him...

does anyone understand what I am trying to say?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 05:04 AM

I totally understand. I myself did it my way twice and it didn't work. This time I am letting God choose. In his choosing I am sure he will take my wants/needs into concideration. :prayingf: