Author Thread: What the Bible does not say about marriage.
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
What the Bible does not say about marriage.
Posted : 14 Jul, 2018 01:01 AM

The Bible does not say that wives are to Love there husbands, the Bible does say that husbands are to Love there wives as CHRIST LOVED the Church.--

Ephesians 5:22-33

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church� 30 for we are members of his body. 31 �For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.� 32 This is a profound mystery�but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

A lot of women are like sheep dogs. Thoes dogs do not lead the sheep, they drive the sheep. I have not met every woman in the world so I can not say that every woman is like a sheep dog. But I feel confident assuming that a majority of women secretly desire to be in the control seat. I also feel confident saying that a vast majority of women do not see their natural inclinations as a failure to submit, instead they most likely see there actions as 'Loving' there husbands (But again I will point back to the fact that the Bible does not say wives are to 'love' there husbands.)

Lets look at another scripture (in doing this we will let scripture interpret scripture)--

Genesis 3:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)

To the woman He said,

�I will greatly multiply

Your pain in childbirth;

In pain you will give birth to children;

Yet your desire and longing will be for your husband,

And he will rule [with authority] over you and be responsible for you.�

GOD said two pieces of information to women: #1 Childbirth is going to hurt, and #2 your husband is going to be in the drivers seat, but your going to want to be there.

Have you not heard the dangerous saying "man might be the head but women turn the head'

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2018 04:15 AM

Titus 2: 4-5

And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited.

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2018 12:25 PM

Scripture paints an entirely different picture than the one the world paints.

Often times people incorrectly assume that JESUS is only the SAVIOR of mankind. The truth is that JESUS is both LORD (KING) and SAVIOR. The Bible does explain how to have a relationship with GOD, but it is also written by an absolute GENIUS!

The feminist movement is trying to give advice that is contrary to the counsel that has been given by the (GENIUS) KING.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2018 08:26 AM

Clearly the bible does say that wives should love their husbands, but you skipped over that and instead talk about feminism. We are commanded to love one other, and I certainly wouldn't marry a man if I didn't love him.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2018 01:39 PM

Good Post ! Of course God wants wives to love their husbands.