Author Thread: Is intelligence a turnoff? If so, why?
Jennifer7575

View Profile
History
Is intelligence a turnoff? If so, why?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2018 07:23 AM

Yes, I am truly baffled in this category. I would think it would be a desire to bond with someone who would be considered an asset who wants to go forward and achieve goals together and encourage each other. What am I missing?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2018 10:02 AM

I like smart ladies as they make good choices. If she is not smart then she will be a burden.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2018 04:30 PM

This is actually a really good question.

For me id like to say it doesn't matter either way. But I can find those that lack common sense annoying. The air head/dumb blond type are definitely a turn off for me. But so are know it alls and people that feel tgst their better then you for being smarter.

I think more then anything it's whether or not you make the best if what God gives you. Just because your not intelligent doesn't mean your a bad person that makes mistakes all the time. Even some of the most intelligent people can make stupid mistakes and be a bad person.

Chris1589

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2018 12:02 AM

If she uses her intelligence for positive and kind things, that's attractive

Chris1589

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2018 12:05 AM

But if she uses intelligence to argue all the time,

that's a turn off

Better to live on a corner of the roof than to share a house with a quarrelsome wife. Proverbs 25:24

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2018 10:16 AM

High intelligence is a requirement for me. The last woman I was thinking about marrying had an IQ of around 140.

Average intelligence is frustrating and will lead to constant arguments with today's "empowered" women, so I avoid them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2018 07:34 PM

140 is high?

I ask because I do not know. I'm dyslexic and scored a little over 150 when I took a IQ test in school.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 08:54 AM

Extremely high. The average for most Whites / Europeans is about 100. Sub-Saharan Africans are at about 70, East Asians 105.

150 is genius level intelligence.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 11:35 AM

You sound like a member of the aryan nation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 01:08 PM

different regions will undoubtedly have different average levels of intelligence. There are major differences in how the education systems work in many regions. may places in central Africa have little in the ways of schools. wile in places like est Asia education is taken very serious.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2018 07:14 AM

According to the latest research, IQ is about 80% genetic and 20% environment. A more accurate way to look at this is genetics determine your maximum intellectual level, environment / education helps you achieve that maximum.

Furthermore, current IQ tests require zero previously acquired knowledge and thus all the education in the world won't help you score higher.

I realize this information hurts feelings, but it's just reality. Just like how some groups of people are taller than others, some are smarter.

Page : 1 2