Author Thread: why reject Mr. Nice Guy? part three!!!
Admin

why reject Mr. Nice Guy? part three!!!
Posted : 27 Oct, 2018 06:42 AM

Ok ladies, since my last two post about this got so much attention, let's try it one more time. Let's say you have a guy over here who sincerely treats you and your kids like y'all are valuable and precious. He goes out of his way to help you pay your bills, buy your kids school supplies, give you money to do special things with your kids, tells you and shows you all the time just how special you are but you're not physically attracted to him. On the other hand you have another guy that you are physically attracted to but he treats you like you're worthless, want help with any bills, doesn't put in any effort with your kids and won't take you any where. Which man do you choose? And why? Thanks for your answers in advance

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 07:46 PM

Oh, ok. I thought you was a girl, sorry about that. You answered in the ASK a girl forum about a guy trying to give you stuff, my mistake. Truthfully, what you mentioned is a problem in this world but it has nothing to do with my question/scenario. I'm talking about a legitiment Nice Guy, one the lady already knows to be the real deal. Somebody who has proved his kindness. That nice guy versus a Billy bad butt type of guy based on being physically attracted to one over the other. Have a blessed night

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 07:50 PM

Years ago I met a guy who was clever in asking me out for dinner. We ended talking for hours.

We started dating and a few months later I realized he always brought a gift each time he came to my house. I talked to him about it and asked him to stop.

A while after I broke up with him for other reasons. Without going into details, he then acted like a stocker.

My question to you is why all these gifts and poems etc.. What is the reason for it? Do you believe this is what she wants from you? If so, you are going after the wrong kind of person. A few gifts here and there is ok. I mentioned it before. You should really find out what she likes/wants and if that is something you are comfortable with.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 08:22 PM

Have you ever stopped to think that is simply how some men are? I, personally, love to write poems and buy small sentimental gifts for the lady i'm involved with. It's not very expensive gifts or super romantic poems, just a little something I love to do. It's who I am, it's not intended for anything bad. Just because some guys turn it into something evil doesn't mean it's a bad thing coming from every guy. If a guy is sincere in his meaning behind it then why take the enjoyment away from him? In a relationship, ain't both people supposed to be happy? Why do women want men to stop being the nice kind guys they are? My estranged wife loved that type stuff at first but then she hated it and wanted me to change to be somebody I wasn't, I was no longer allowed to be me. If a man tried to make you change would you like that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't like him making you seem like a bad person because you had a trait that somebody else had either. God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 08:27 PM

Ocean17, you really need to read "the give love languages". It's a Christian dating help book by Gary Chapman. It'll help explain it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 08:30 PM

"The five love languages" not "give"...

Annibear2018

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2018 08:43 PM

I LOVE this question. I have had so much experience with this topic, and all I can say is that there has to be something that attracts you to your partner. Looks aren't everything, but if you don't have that connection to the other person it's not going to work.

I for one am not a picky person with looks as such and would far more prefer to have a guy who truely loves cares for and respects myself and my children, and above all else loves and honours God.

You just know when it's a right match... but... I for one have tried and failed soo many times, but learnt alot along the journey of life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2018 03:27 AM

I personally wouldn't choose either sorry, not a chance...in fact why would you let some guy pay for all that stuff if you're not even attracted to him?

LookingForItAll

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:33 AM

That's a refreshingly honest response, Butterflyyy.

On many levels.

Page : 1 2