Author Thread: If you've gently pursued a woman...
Admin

If you've gently pursued a woman...
Posted : 30 Oct, 2018 12:15 PM

...for a long period of time and she has told you she has no feelings for you and you back off to stay away from her, why does she keep contacting you? If she don't have feelings then why does she bother to rekindle a dying flame each time you disappear for a couple weeks? Especially when you two was never that close of friends to begin with...

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2018 12:54 PM

to be friends?

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2018 12:33 PM

A friend loveth at all times.. Friendship is a resilient interpersonal bond; distinguishable from association. It prevails over rejection and setbacks. Perhaps the man's fellowship remains significant enough for her to not want to lose contact with him altogether?

I pursued a woman for two years with the express intention of being joined to her in the Lord, but it came to pass that her heart was not open to me beyond the bounds of brotherly love. My initial thought was to withdraw from her (to protect myself) but she earnestly sought me to continue with her in fellowship. For that cause, I had to put my own feelings aside for her furtherance in the growth of the Body of Christ.

We learn from those things we suffer, and through her, the Lord taught me to persist in heartening his sheep when confronted with knock-backs, not out of obligation, but with an open willingness. It is the Lords will to send you shepherds according to his own heart and we need more men who are willing to regard the eternal salvation of the women over and above their own romantic pursuits.

The woman who came to be my dear sister in the Lord, reached out to me time and again after turning me down, because I naturally cared for her state and my discernment was beneficial to her walk. The woman in your instance could well regard the man she rejected in the same light.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 04:41 AM

I second you brother Sevendust. The problem most of us have is that we pay more attention to our flesh than spirit.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2018 10:31 AM

Maybe she just wants friends not a partner? Or maybe you've been put 'on the back burner' as a fall-back in case her preferred choice doesn't work out?

If you're wanting more than just friendship then you probably need to remind her of that and break off contact because you both want different things. If you don't you'll never feel free enough to pursue somebody different; perhaps the one God really wants you to have.