Author Thread: Which is Best? (A bit of a poll)
Cinderbelle13

View Profile
History
Which is Best? (A bit of a poll)
Posted : 7 Jan, 2019 03:46 PM

Hi all! I'm very new to this site and really the whole dating scene in general(As my profile states, I haven't been on an official date in over a decade) so I'm genuinely curious.

What's the best way for a woman to indicate that she's interested without seeming too pushy/flirty? I do tend to say a lot in my messages...sometimes it might seem like I talk *too* much when in reality, I'm much more reserved talking face-to-face or over the phone. So I do try to put in written word my interest and what I'm actually looking for, answer questions, etc.

I ask this question because, well, for one, I'm an over-thinker. But the other day I sent one message, basically just saying hello and wishing them a good day, and next thing I know I was blocked by this guy. So I guess a small part of me took that to mean that I should hold off on sending messages period. (Silly, I know. Try telling my mind that. )

So I got to thinking some more...Maybe I should just view their profile, and they'll see that and click on me from there.

Or add them to my favorites.

Or virtually 'smile' at them by sending a wink(haven't done that yet, and I'm very hesitant to. I don't see myself as a flirt, but if I see it as a 'smile', and they see it as a 'smile'....)

...Yeah. Now I *know* I'm overthinking things

I guess I just want to know how to show my interest while still letting the guy take the lead. I've made the mistake before of taking the lead, and it ended in disaster. So any advice would be highly appreciated! I know it's all going to work out in His perfect timing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2019 09:38 AM

Apparently no one takes winks seriously but not everyone is probably like that.

A wink and a message is enough, if he likes your profile he will respond. If he is less than enthusiastic from the start move on.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2019 09:59 PM

"What's the best way for a woman to indicate that she's interested without seeming too pushy/flirty?"

Well, first of all, it's important to make sure you can be found! This dating site is like a small puddle. Your chances of catching fish are greater if you fish in a big lake! Sign up to eHarmony and join singles groups on Facebook. There are many such groups, and they are free.

I think, your profile is great. You are very detailed, and I like that! You believe in once saved always saved, and I firmly believe the exact opposite, so we would not be a good match. But it's great that you spell out some of your beliefs, because I can immediately tell whether I want to message you or not. We save a bunch of time by writing down what it is exactly that we believe. I've seen many women write on their profiles that they are looking for someone with similar beliefs, but they don't spell out what their beliefs are. So, how do I know if I should message them?

Don't be desperate. We can smell that from a mile, and it makes us run away. The same is true about women. They can tell if a guy seems too desperate, and it's very unattractive. If someone says "hi" and you respond with a 5000-word essay, that tells people that you're too desperate. Initially try to keep your messages short.

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2019 06:55 AM

Keeping messages short is extremely difficult for writers but thank you for the advice! I'll try to remember it!