Author Thread: Dating
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 19 Jan, 2019 08:13 AM

I have A Christian friend, who invites women to presentations that serve free dinner , after they give a 20-30 minutes presentation of whatever their company is selling. You are not obligated to Buy anything thou.

This man is poor and has been doing be this for years. He also goes to free events often in town. I don't see this as a good way of Dating. I maybe wrong but I don't think many women see this as a real date.

Oftentimes some can nit slways afford to do as other people do, I realize that to. I just never met someone like this. I like him but not what he does.

He is a member of a church for years, and his church does have Singles group thst meet up for meals out and events , he goes sometimes. But he goes to Visit other Churches , ehen they have Free meals. He keeps up with all of that.

I think he is a good man, he never been married and over 55. I really don't think we could be a good match, because I don't understand why he does that.

Am I being a snob! If I don't really want to date him!

Any Comments ?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 20 Jan, 2019 05:55 AM

Dating doesn't have to be expensive, but I think this takes it to a different level. At 55 a person is set in their ways, and my concern would be that it shows a level of meanness. I've found that if a man is mean it goes across the board, and you'll be in want for everything, be it his time, attention affection etc...

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 20 Jan, 2019 09:54 AM

TBH.... poor or not that kind of leeching is not proper behavior. Though I dunno what I'd do if I were in his shoes.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 23 Jan, 2019 07:13 PM

I didn't see him as being mean. Not sure why I would get a reply like that. The man seems to be very nice, when in conversation with him.

He professes to be a Christian and likes to study the Bible.

I did think as one member here replied, I don't know what I would do if I was in his shoes. I thank God for my Blessings.

I understand people have different things they do or have to do in Life.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 24 Jan, 2019 06:21 AM

I wasn't implying that he's mean personally I don't know him. But I don't think it makes a good first impression, which is what you should be trying to do when you date.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 26 Jan, 2019 03:59 PM

I agree it doesn't make a good first impression. But it does show what he is really like. Upfront what to expect. Maybe it would be ok with some Women.

He had a girlfriend e said 2 1/2yrs that like him but got too possessive.

She wasn't of the Same Faith.