Author Thread: The purpose of life
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
The purpose of life
Posted : 6 Feb, 2019 03:22 PM

A few years ago I learned about 3M (or M and M and M). 3M acts like a guide (But 3M is not exactly my main topic today) But I think that it is important to realize that the first of the three M's is extremely important. The first M is figuring out who your Master is. Christianity is not just a club or organization that has a support group. The word Christian points to two words, the first word is Christ (the Master) and the ending 'ian' (follower of) Honestly I do not know what some people are doing because some people on here view CHRIST as an option. Sometimes people's lives are on the rocks because they choose to live for CHRIST (In my opinion a person can become public enemy #1 if they live a sold out lifestyle for CHRIST) but other times people's lives are on the rocks because they think that they can live with one foot in the church and one foot in the world (JESUS addressed this crowd in Revelation 3:15-16 15 I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other! 16So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to vomit you out of My mouth!) Rather than just point out what a person should not do, I want to also point out what a person should do! GOD clearly explained what we should do in Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Many people have a decent idea about what the multiply part means, but in case it becomes an issue in the future I am going to comment on it briefly. Mankind is created in the image of GOD, and GOD want's the earth to be full of beings that are in HIS image (so providing at some point you can be apart of an experiment to create a creature that is half man and half dog...thoes actions are not pleasing to GOD.) Now that the 'multiply' has briefly been discussed, let us discuss the 'be fruitful' command. Basicly that means that we are to place GOD's finger prints everywhere. Once I was watching an episode of a television show and the guy was looking for a 'signature scent'. When the guy left a room, he wanted other people to say 'it smells like Hal in here!' Most of us are only going to be in this room (earth) for maby a few more years, and as a testament to the lives we lived there will be a dash mark between the dates of when we were born and when we died. The word for that 'signature scent' is called a legacy. I am sure that there are people that are trying to figure out GOD's will for there lives, so here it is...spread HIS image all over the earth. Alot of people think how they can become like Billy Graham or some other evangelist, but what many people do not think about is a man named Mordecai Ham. Mr. Ham was the man that led Billy Graham to the LORD. What I am trying to point out is 'who are you to say that your service to the LORD is insignificant?' At the job that you work at you may not have any idea of the paths of your co-workers. Micah 6:8 Amplified Bible

He has told you, O man, what is good;

And what does the Lord require of you

Except to be just, and to love [and to diligently practice] kindness (compassion),

And to walk humbly with your God [setting aside any overblown sense of importance or self-righteousness]?