Author Thread: Pitfall on being too honest
Admin

Pitfall on being too honest
Posted : 21 Mar, 2019 05:22 PM

One thing I've learned about boy-girl relationships after a lot of heartaches is not to be too open and honest about oneself. I'm not telling you to lie but sometimes, there are just things better left unsaid. Just to keep the mystery. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 05:10 PM

When first getting to know someone it's probably not prudent to share every little detail of oneself until you've both established some level of relationship. However, your partner may feel a bit betrayed if they find out you hid something from them only for it to be revealed after your married. Some people place more importance on different things, so just because you think it's not a big deal doesn't mean your partner will feel the same. "Honesty is the best policy".

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 11:49 PM

I know what you mean. What I wrote may be misleading since I did not elaborate. You don't lie about things that's important in relationships nor be secretive about your life. It's just about trivial things that separates men from women like one's routine before bedtime. But thanks for pointing that out.

Traveler_indo1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2019 11:38 PM

i did that, i too open to girl that God put in my heart, and now im kind of stuck situasion, im helpless and depresd

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2019 06:06 PM

It's best to meet in person and get to know each other. Online people are still strangers. It's impossible to really fall for a stranger. You are just in a infatuation mode. You could be talking to a imposter.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2019 08:00 PM

I try not to talk too much about myself as i have had many good times, but some bad ones also. I prefer to see if the man has something to talk about besides sports and hunting. I like sports, so I can keep up with him there, but I also want to know about his family, if he has a dog, does he have a job, what is his favorite food. If he cannot tell me simple things like that, why should I talk and be honest about a divorce, a death and more. Both should take it a bit slow but keep it interesting. If its not interesting, it's not worthwhile to me.