Author Thread: Anyone have suggestions?
Admin

Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 10:31 PM

Hi everybody,

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a topic that lets us share our favorite Christian bands with others. I know there are a ton of great ones out there, of all different kinds of genres, so I'm hoping that we can start a discussion that will lead to new musical gems.

So... I have been listening to both Christian and secular music for the last few years because I just cant find enough Christian music that I actually like to listen to, though not for lack of trying to find it. Iv narrowed my secular list down to pretty much the following bands: The Dave Matthews Band, Keane, The fray, Snow Patrol, and Aqualung...not too bad lyrically, and on the christian side I listen to the bands: Turn off the stars, Falling Up, Tenth Avenue North, One Republic, Run Kid Run, some of Red and Jeremy Camps stuff... But Id really like to find more... any suggestions? And, Thanks!

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 08:14 AM

You know, as I read all of these posts I wonder, "What would God be thinking if He read these?" Would He be happy?Would He think we were showing love, grace and compassion toward a fellow brother or sister in Christ? Or would He be disappointed?

You know, everyone's journey is not the same as everyone elses. Therefore, we are going to meet people along the way that are at different stages in their walk. They may be at a different stage in their relationship with Jesus. But that is between them and God. No one else is to judge and point fingers. The Pharisees knew the laws inside and out. But their hearts weren't pure.......

I know that I try to remember each and every day to show God's love to others. You never know where you are going to be planting a seed....And if we are talking about the same unconditional love that God has shown us, then we are talking about acceptance. God accepts us flawed and he loves us anyway.

Suffice it to say that we have to be careful how we come across to others. Judgment should be left up to God. We can only be responsible for ourselves.....and we should be coming from a Christ-like attitude filled with love, compassion and humbleness.

Merilee

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 07:33 PM

You're right spunkygirl and I made amends for my heated post. If folks found I was a bit outspoken with my lat reply, my apologies. The last few posts from the same author got my goat is all. Hard as I want to be pearly white, I fall down miserably. Never did like white, too hard to keep clean ; - )

Meri

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 07:10 AM

Meri.....

You attitude is great. Open to what others have to say. Being humble and open to what others are saying is an awesome attitude. I always think of that verse about "don't point out the speck of sand in your brother's eye, before getting the log out of your own". No, you are right, none of us is going to come to Jesus being lily white....we are all stained and fall very short. We just have to do our best each and every day!

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 11:56 AM

just wanted to say Amen, I believe that, too. I have a 17 year old daughter that I have raised to believe the same way.

lately, she's more into soaking music, her relationship with the Lord has really catapulted since she started. Jesus culture is really good for getting into the presence of the Lord among so many other bands and vocalists.

blessings,

riveroflife

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 11:57 AM

So you send me an email calling for a truce? And now you take shots at me and judge my personel character? Judge not less ye be judged.. your such a hypocrite! If being a part time christian works for you and you are content with being complacent then so be it. You do not have in mind the things of god but the things of men! Maybe you should go back and reread what I wrote! My arguements are from scripture, so to say that I have no compassion or empathy.. well nothing could be further from the truth....when people put emotion and anger into a debate,as you have done,means they lost their logic to the debate so they resort to personel attacks as you have done... so when they curse you,bless them...God bless you!

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 11:59 AM

i was agreeing with 6lteraldays-

riveroflife

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 01:43 PM

We have to be careful how we come accross to others? Why? Jesus didn't....he didn't seek to please people but to please god. " this is hard teaching who can take this" his disciples replied....throughout the gospels they continually sought to kill him! They persecuted him,beat him,nailed him to a cross and killed him! Because he spoke the truth and they didn't like it! Because the truth was against what they were doing, and it meant that they needed to change themselves.. we should be less concerned with what people "THINK" of us. Jesus shared the truth, regaurdless of how people took it.. God bless..

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 05:35 PM

I have to say, I'm very saddened by the was this conversation has turned spiteful. If I could close it, I would, but since I can't can we all just agree to disagree and not attack each other in the name of "biblical truth"

Speaking in love, and respect for you all,

Lindsey

Merilee

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2009 03:18 PM

Hi All;

Re: alt.. huh ? sorry bud, I have no idea where ur comin from this far along.. just mowed the lawn, gonna move to the other side of town and get settled, busy busy.

Im not a hypocrit, after I posted the letter regarding compassion I sent u an apology letter and admitted it was a bit blunt.. will leave well enough alone, wishin u well.

At any rate.. its all good in the hood. Time to exhale and eat hummus : )

Anyone here into whole foods?? lol. and .. back to songs, that new one Down by the River is fabulous, who sings it?

Meri

dougsnote

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 11:30 AM

Wow where to start? I guess first I would like to say hello to everyone and greet you in the name of the Lord!!

This is a great topic and should not be something we as Christians should be afraid of discussing.

When the children of Israel would go to battle the musicians went before the army there are numerous scriptures through the bible with demos of how powerful music is, after all it is words with rhythm not a big mystery to me. If you would not say it don't sing it..... If you would not listen to someone speak it don't listen to someone sing it act like you have Jesus sitting right beside you at all times Oh and by the way When Jesus taught He did it with one special trait above all and that was LOVE something that we as children of God need to practice as well as preach ........Stay Tight With God >Doug

Page : 1 2 3