Author Thread: Anyone have suggestions?
Admin

Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 10:31 PM

Hi everybody,

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a topic that lets us share our favorite Christian bands with others. I know there are a ton of great ones out there, of all different kinds of genres, so I'm hoping that we can start a discussion that will lead to new musical gems.

So... I have been listening to both Christian and secular music for the last few years because I just cant find enough Christian music that I actually like to listen to, though not for lack of trying to find it. Iv narrowed my secular list down to pretty much the following bands: The Dave Matthews Band, Keane, The fray, Snow Patrol, and Aqualung...not too bad lyrically, and on the christian side I listen to the bands: Turn off the stars, Falling Up, Tenth Avenue North, One Republic, Run Kid Run, some of Red and Jeremy Camps stuff... But Id really like to find more... any suggestions? And, Thanks!

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 09:20 PM

Hey meri, when I received your email callin for a truce I had not read your post yet... so the next day I read it, and was kinda shocked at what you had said about me... I did not realize your apology came after your posting, the way I received it was the opposite... so maybe now you can see where I was coming from...Dave

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 10:03 AM

I am enjoying all your posts.

I go out and try out some of the music you have said was your favs and am finding new favs of my own!

Thank you for sharing!!

:yay:

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 10:05 AM

This is not a musical group but I wanted to share it with you all anyway....

Steve Harvey

did his

How Would You Introduce God?

ever seen it?

It worth the 3 minutes to watch the video

of him acting as though he were introducing God to an audience....very moving:applause:

inquizative

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 05:16 PM

Praise the Lord. You have said it just like it needed to be said. I love the Christian music. It is so nice to praise Him with the beautiful sounds of true worship.

SpiritualSpittist

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 12:07 AM

To everyone here concerned about what kind of music we "believers" listen to, I definitely agree to the man giving scripture to back up the TRUTH! In the bible God makes it pretty clear the difference between the worlds ways and His ways. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9) We want to justify the things that feel good to the flesh, and say "Jesus wouldn't mind!" In reality your idolizing a fake and false God, because Jesus Christ would not glorify ANYTHING of this world!!!! Flesh is contrary to the Spirit of God, and He said my sheep will know my voice, I will know them, another they will not follow. ( John 10:27) Also in the bible it talks about how ppl will heap up themselvs teachers to give thier itching ears what they want to hear!... To the woman on here talking bout listening to secular music, I will pray that the Holly Spirit will reveal the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so that you will not be easily decieved... I'm not trying to offend you but out of love, read to show yourself approved, cuz u know that the devil is here to kill, steal, and destroy; in fact he is the king of deception! On the other hand, I don't know of too many bands but I get down w/ holy hip hop and that new Everyday Process and Lecrae "cracks!" I pray that God will bless everyone on this site in the name of Jesus, & to not be so caught up in elementary teachings and that we will all grow up in Him and do the work of an Evangelist!!! UNITY brothers and sisters is what we need to complete the Great Commission!!!! ( Mark 16:15) "

inquizative

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 04:26 PM

I feel that the Christian hymns say it all. I can really love the Lord when I listen them. Along with the words and the relaxation they just praise the Lord.

AnitaE

View Profile
History
Anyone have suggestions?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2009 10:00 AM

this is a great topic. i agree with those that back everything up with scripture! :"abstain from ALL appaerences of evil" 1 thess 5 v22.as for listening to 'other "music ask yourself if u would play it for Christ? and remember that He is right there with u.

by the way have u tried chris tomlin? he is my fav. esp the songs -jesus mesiah & - i will rise

Page : 1 2 3