Author Thread: Jeremiah 29:11
FollowingGod

View Profile
History
Jeremiah 29:11
Posted : 8 May, 2019 12:04 PM

It seems as though that I have lost or am less, motivated to use my God given gift of: creative writing specifically, because I don't see the end result of what it can become. However, I continue to push forward knowing that, despite my current situation, that God would not give me these talents, if he didn't have a plan and purpose for them.

This is why I know that in the end that, everything will be alright. I know this because of Jeremiah 29:11. Its just a matter of timing .. . His timing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2019 02:47 PM

Whether by word; writing or speaking, or in deed, the most we can ever do is plant or water. We do not always see the result of our labour in the here and now, because only God can give growth. We cannot give growth to anyone, because we cannot give God. Only God can give Himself to others as He has us.

Press on ahead, redoubling your efforts when the motivation is lacking. Put your gift into service at every opportunity, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, "the harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few".

FollowingGod

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2019 05:40 PM

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Sorry for the delayed response. I had forgotten all about this post/

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2019 07:45 AM

Hello

The Jeremiah 29 verse 11 scripture is for Israel only.

Read the Word in its context, then you will see that many have a wrong understanding.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2019 09:21 PM

Hello, following God

That verse is one of my very favorites!

I also love creative writing and learning new words and how to better express myself. As a child I used to love when my grandmother got a new Reader's Digest because I would turn to word power to learn a new one. When I dream sometimes, I come up with words like LittleDavid who is so brilliant and eloquent in his speech. I wake up and realize almost immediately that I lost it all the harder I try and remember it.. I can't believe I have that embedded somewhere in my parietal lobe because it sure doesn't manifest in my daily communication! I hope to continue to strengthen my brain's plasticity by modifying it's connections.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 05:44 PM

Hey young man,

Context determines who Jeremiah was writing to, as so many christians believe this pertains to them.

Jeremiah 29 verses 1 - 4

NASB77 • NASB95 • Strong's

◄ Jeremiah 29 ►

New American Standard Bible Par ▾

Message to the Exiles

1 Now these are the words of the letter which Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem to the rest of the elders of the exile, the priests, the prophets and all the people whom Nebuchadnezzar had taken into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon.

2 (This was after King Jeconiah and the queen mother, the court officials, the princes of Judah and Jerusalem, the craftsmen and the smiths had departed from Jerusalem.)

3 The letter was sent by the hand of Elasah the son of Shaphan, and Gemariah the son of Hilkiah, whom Zedekiah king of Judah sent to Babylon to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, saying,

4 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon,

5 ‘Build houses and live in them; and plant gardens and eat their produce.

6 ‘Take wives and become the fathers of sons and daughters, and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; and multiply there and do not decrease.

7 ‘Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare

When were the christians exiled to Babylon, NEVER

When were the christians told to build houses in Babylon, NEVER

When were the christians told to take wives while in Babylon, NEVER.

When were the christians told to seek the welfare of the city the had been exiled to in Babylon, NEVER.

This is to ISRAEL, and only Israel, to encourage them asthey had been exiled to BABYLON by GOD Almighty a.k.a. YAHOWEH SABAOTH