Author Thread: Prayer is a truly remarkable Privilege
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Prayer is a truly remarkable Privilege
Posted : 13 May, 2019 06:16 AM

Our Faith is in Jesus because he died on the cross for our sins past, present and future . God is Holy 🙏 Jesus is our high priest, eternally covering us in His righousness. Because God is Holy, a blood sacrifice is required to cover sin before anyone can approach Him.(Lev.17:11).

An Awesome Privilege Hebrews 7:23-28

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2019 06:23 AM

We are under Grace. Draw near with confidence to the throne of Grace.

Hebrews 4:16

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2019 04:06 PM

Hello, I do not understand your post about prayer, as you have not posting anything about prayer.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2019 08:09 PM

Believers prayers are to God and Jesus is our mediator to God. Prayer is communicating with God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2019 10:22 PM

"The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

James 5:16

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2019 01:42 PM

The power of prayer is not the result of the person praying. The power resides in the God who is being prayed to. 1 John 5:14-15 says "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. Many people think that if they prayed but dont get what they want-- money, success, health or their house burns, or someone dies, they think God didn't hear their prayer. That's wrong. God hears all prayers, their content and passion. God answers prayers that are in agreement with His will. His answers are not always yes, but are always in OUR best interest. We need to begin to understand that.... it is God who makes the decisions.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2019 08:52 PM

**PRAY CONTINUALLY**; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS!!" {I Thess 5:17,18}

Matthew 6:5,6,9-11 Jesus commands, “When you **PRAY**, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to **PRAY** standing in the synagogues {churches} and on the street corners to be seen by men...But when you **PRAY**, go into your room, close the door and PRAY to your FATHER, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you... This, then, is how you should **PRAY**: “Our Father in heaven hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.” and Luke 11:4 adds, **FORGIVE US OUR SINS**, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.”

Matthew 6:7,8: Jesus says, "And when you **PRAY**, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him!"

James 5:13-16: Is any one of you **IN TROUBLE**? He should **PRAY**!! Is any one of you **SICK**? He should call the elders {And only the elders!} of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the **PRAYER** offered in faith will make the sick person well, the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore **CONFESS YOUR SINS TO EACH OTHER** and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The **PRAYER** of a righteous man is powerful and effective!

Acts 1:14: They all joined together **CONSTANTLY IN PRAYER**!

Ephesians 6:18-19: **PRAY** in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind be alert and always keep on **PRAYING**for all the saints. **PRAY** also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel.

I John 1:8,9; 2:1,2: If we {believers} claim to be without sin, **WE DECEIVE OURSELVES** and the truth is not in us. If we **CONFESS OUR SINS**, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we {believers} we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word has no place in our lives....If anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the **ATONING SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS**!!

Matthew 26:41: Jesus says, "Watch and **PRAY** so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak!"

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may **RECEIVE MERCY AND FIND GRACE TO HELP US IN OUR TIME OF NEED**!!

Hebrews 12:5,6,10,11: Do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the **LORD DISCIPLINES THOSE HE LOVES**, And He punishes everyone He accepts as a son... God disciplines us for our own good, that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

If we fail to daily ask forgiveness and repent of our sins God will **DISCIPLINE US** and sometimes it will be very painful. We will also **LOSE ETERNAL REWARDS** and a **CLOSE RELATIONSHIP** with God!

2 Corinthians 5:9,10: We make it our goal to please Him... for we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Luke 18:1: JESUS SAYS, **ALWAYS **PRAY** AND NEVER GIVE UP**!

Jeremiah 33:3; The Lord says, "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know!" {This would help God's saints to correctly interpret many of the mysteries in God's Word!}

Luke 11:1-4: The disciples asked Jesus, "Teach us to **PRAY**" Jesus said to His disciples, "When you **PRAY**, say: 'Father , hallowed be your name, Your kingdom come. Give us each day our **DAILY** bread. **FORGIVE US {disciples}OUR SINS**, for we forgive everyone who sins against us'"

Here we see that Jesus tells His disciples to daily ask the Father to forgive them of their sins. God's Word states that we must be holy as God is holy as per I Peter 1:15,16; and to walk as Jesus walked as per I John 2:6. And God understands that we really don't understand how much we fall short and sin daily.

I John 2:6: Whoever claims to live in Him **MUST** live as Jesus did!!

Matthew 5:48: Jesus says, "Be perfect, as your **HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT**!"

While we read in Isaiah 55:8,9: God says, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts!"

The closer we get to God the more we realize how much we fall short and sin daily; and realize our need to confess our sins daily to get closer to God. Take Paul, the greatest NT saint, for example:

I Timothy 1:15,16: Paul said, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom **I AM THE WORST**. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, **THE WORST OF SINNERS**, Christ Jesus might display **HIS UNLIMITED PATIENCE** as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life.

I Timothy 5:5: The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to **PRAY** and **ASK GOD FOR HELP**!!

I Thessalonians 5:17,18: ** PRAY**CONTINUALLY**; **GIVE THANKS IN ALL** circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philemon 1:6: I **PRAY** that you may be active in sharing your faith.

Acts 6:4: We will give our attention to **PRAYER** and the ministry of the Word!

Matthew 5:44: Jesus commands, ”Love your enemies and **PRAY** for those who persecute you.”

I Thessalonians 3:10: Night and day we **PRAY** most earnestly that we may supply what is **LACKING IN YOUR FAITH**.

Ephesians 3:16-19: I **PRAY** that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I **PRAY** that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that love which surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of the fullness of God!

2 Thessalonians 1:11,12: We **CONSTANTLY PRAY FOR YOU**, that our God may count you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We **PRAY** this that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:15-17: Jesus prayed, “My **PRAYER** is not to take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. Sanctify them by the Truth Your Word is Truth!”

I Peter 3:12: The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their **PRAYER**.

Colossians 4:12: He is always wrestling in **PRAYER** for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need!!

Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by **PRAYER** and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.

I John 5:14,15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything **ACCORDING TO HIS WILL** He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of Him.

2 Corinthians 12:8,9: Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness!"

James 4:3: When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures!

Romans 8:26,27: The Spirit helps us in our **WEAKNESS**. We do not know what we ought to **PRAY** for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with **GOD'S WILL**!

Matthew 18:10-14: Jesus said, “Two men went up to the temple to **PRAY**, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and **PRAYED** about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' But the tax collector stood at a distance, He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, '**GOD, HAVE MERCY ON ME, A SINNER**'!!.'"I tell you that this man rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted!”

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2019 09:53 PM

too long - no one will read that on a forum.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2019 02:48 AM

IF prayer is a privilege,then why do the christians allow this privilege to be taken from them by the self proclaimed pastor when they meet together.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2019 07:19 AM

@needsafriend7

"too long - no one will read that on a forum"

I agree!!! This person is abusing the forum by continually cutting and pasting obnoxiously long comments. They in effect break up the conversation because they want to give a speech or sermon when this forum is about conversation. I encourage everyone to send an abuse report every time it is done. Perhaps they will change their ways?

I have suspicions about it being an AI enity or software to keep forums moving. They have been known to open Facebook accounts and interact as humans. >research it<. But this one doesn't seem to be "learning". AI entities tend to be smarter than this one - in other words; this one is acting dumb enough to be a self centered human.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2019 10:23 AM

**RIDICULOUS SATANIC QUOTE BY **SAD**LUP**

"It's not that I don't believe in further revelation, but where does a person draw the line? Some draw it at Church Traditions, some at the writings of the early Church Fathers, some at New Testament Scriptures, some at the teachings of Jesus. I am one that leans towards the last one; "the teachings of Jesus".{**PERIOD???} {EXCEPT THOSE TEACHINGS OF JESUS WHICH CHANGED OT LAWS!!}

*SAD*lup believes we are saved by *WORKS* by keeping all of the OT LAWS which of course would include all the animal sacrifices for sins???

**THREE MORE RIDICULOUS SATANIC QUOTES BY *SAD*LUP**:

"I fully recognize since actual identity of Jesus is not explicitly taught; mine and everyone else's speculations as to his identity beyond that of Messiah are just that - *SPECULATIONS*', and should be treated as such."

"Apparently you do not understand the Scriptures you quote - they all support the premise that God was in Jesus, **NONE SUPPORT JESUS IS GOD**??"

Satan and *SAD*lup teach that **JESUS IS NOT GOD** or that the following words in the New Testament are **NOT INSPIRED BY GOD**. Since *SAD*lup has no answer to all of these **LIVING WORDS OF GOD** he continually attacks me for quoting **GOD'S WORD** which totally refutes and contradicts his Satanic beliefs!!

**IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST GOD**??

Jesus is called **GOD** 7 times in God's Word and is called **LORD** over 200 times in the New Testament, and is **WORSHIPED** 12 times in the New Testament, and God's Word tells us to only **WORSHIP GOD**!!

And in Hebrews 1:1-3,6,8; Paul is inspired to write: "In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word... God says, "Let all God's angels **WORSHIP HIM**!!" and about His Son God says, "**YOUR THRONE**, **O GOD** will last for ever and ever!!"

Revelation 3:21,22: Jesus says, "To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on **MY THRONE**, just as I overcame and sat down with **MY FATHER ON HIS THRONE**!!

Isaiah 9:6,7: For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, **MIGHTY GOD** and Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of His government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's **THRONE** and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and **FOREVER**. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this!

John 1:1-4: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the **WORD WAS GOD** He was with God in the beginning. **THROUGH HIM** all things were made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Colossians 1:15-18: The Son is the image of the invisible God. In Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created **THROUGH HIM** and **FOR HIM**!! He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the **HEAD** of the body, the church!!

John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, **BUT THE ONE AND ONLY SON**!! who is **HIMSELF GOD** and in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!!

Titus 2:13-14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our great **GOD AND SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to glorify Himself a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!

John 10:27-30: Jesus says, "My sheep listen to My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me is **GREATER THAN ALL**; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are **ONE**!"

John 20:27-29: Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger her, see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas said to Jesus, "**MY LORD** and **MY GOD**!: Then Jesus told him, Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed!"

Philippians 2:5-11: Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Who being in very nature **GOD**, did not consider **Equality with God something to be grasped... He humbled Himself--even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him a name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that**JESUS IS LORD**, to the glory of God the father!!

Colossians 2:9,10: For in Christ **ALL THE FULLNESS OF THE DEITY LIVES** in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the **HEAD**over every power and authority!!

I John 5:20: We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him {The *FATHER*} who is true. and we are in Him who is true by being in **HIS SON** Jesus Christ. He is **TRUE GOD** and eternal life!!

Satan and *SAD*lup will try to convince you that all the above Scripture is not inspired by God and therefore our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is not God!!

Page : 1 2