Author Thread: A challenge to cupcakeme
Admin

A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 19 May, 2019 04:44 AM

Hi cupcake, i hope you are up for this.

1 John 4 verse 1 says to TEST or to try the spirits.

John16 verses 12 - 15, the Holy Spirit will lead believers into all truth.

Read John 15 verses 1- 5, then tell me what you believe the Holy Spirit empowered John to write.

I want to see if you are a believer being lead by the Holy Spirit to seek truth, OR are you a christian that settles for what someone tells you to believe.

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 20 May, 2019 04:12 PM

Hey I like a challenge! But I'm no cupcake, just a old piece of stale bread. Hehehe. However, I see some hurdles before placing yourself in a position to judge the Holy Spirit in another believer. John is pretty specific concerning 'testing the spirits' and has nothing to do with peripheral doctrine. I do believe the Holy Spirit guides into all truth, but according to whose timetable? I used to believe things further back on my path with God that I no longer believe and believe things now that I didn't before. Does that mean the Holy Spirit wasn't guiding me then, or now? The branches are pruned now, but not burned until the end. We have no business cutting off branches starting burn piles prematurely for nonessential doctrine.

However what point are you driving at?

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 22 May, 2019 07:24 AM

Sadlup, i wanted to see if she is a believer,a student of the Word led by the Holy Spirit, or is she a christian only repeating what she has been told.

I have spoken with many calling themselves christians, only to find that they know nothing about Messiah or His Word.

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 22 May, 2019 10:43 AM

Gracenotworks; I hear ya, but it's a slippery slope to think knowledge saves. Even Paul declares knowledge puffs up. I think we who study need to be careful not to fall into the trap thinking only intelligent educated people can be saved. (Or those believing the 'right' doctrine)

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 22 May, 2019 11:53 AM

Yes i understand, as i believe we are saved by the power ( grace ) of GOD Almighty thru faith in Messiah.

Yet, this does not mean that people are to be ignorant of who Messiah is, and what He is like, Nor should they lack knowledge of who they are in Messiah.

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 22 May, 2019 02:23 PM

Gracenotworks; you just opened a can of worms! Lol. The identity of Messiah has been a great matter of debate for 2000 years! IMO, it is believing and doing the teachings of Messiah which saves. Yes, Jesus said; "unless you believe who I am you'll die in your sins".....because they refuse to listen to his teachings. Not a magical mental assertion Jesus is Messiah.....unless it's followed by keeping his instructions because he is Messiah.

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 23 May, 2019 12:55 AM

John 3 verses 15- 21

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 23 May, 2019 07:07 AM

Gracenotworks; Do you know what it means to "believe"? You might want to check out the last verse of the passage you posted: (John 3:21). Does it say "believe" or "does"? In Hebraic thought it is the same thing. In Western Greek abstract thought they are different. This is evidenced by the many examples of modern corrupt Christianity we see all around us.

More importantly Matthew 7:21-23. You might want to to consider the actual meaning of the very last word in verse 23 ("lawlessness").

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 24 May, 2019 05:23 AM

*SAD*lup asks: Can you prove Paul had the authority to change the Law? *SAD*lup teaches that only those portions of the New Testament that **HE APPROVES OF** are inspired by God???

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to **APPOINT YOU** as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of Me. I will rescue from your own people {the Jews} and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has **CHOSEN YOU** to **KNOW HIS WILL** and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth. You will be His witness to all people of what you have seen and heard!"

Colossians 1:25,26: : Paul said, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**--the mystery that has **KEPT HIDDEN** for ages but is **NOW** disclosed to the Lord's people!"

Acts 27; Paul said, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the **WHOLE WILL OF GOD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things which are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people {Like *SAD*lup} distort, as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction!!

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to APPOINT YOU** as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of Me. I will rescue from your own people {the Jews} and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has **CHOSEN YOU** to **KNOW HIS WILL** and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth. You will be His witness to all people of what you have seen and heard!"

Colossians 1:25,26: : Paul said, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**--the mystery that has **KEPT HIDDEN** for ages but is **NOW** disclosed to the Lord's people!"

Acts 27; Paul said, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the **WHOLE WILL OF GOD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things which are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people {Like *SAD*lup} distort, as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction!!

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 26 May, 2019 10:02 AM

Sadl, you do error by not translating Matthew 7 verses 21-23, as the English is not correct.

View Profile
History
A challenge to cupcakeme
Posted : 26 May, 2019 11:04 AM

Matthew 7:21-23: Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the Will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day. 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me you evildoers!'"

John 14:21,23-24: Jesus says, Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them! Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!"

I John 2:1-5: Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world. We know that we have come to know Him if we keep His Commands. Whoever says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him!!

Page : 1 2