Author Thread: Remember my family please
Admin

Remember my family please
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:21 AM

My sister, the one in the abusive situation was on my mind even though I went to bed at 11 or so...I tossed and turned until 3am with her on my mind. I haven't heard from her and she lives about 30 miles away with no car, two phones that are never answered and an abusive husband. Pray for me and mostly for her. I posted something about this situation (like a fool - lol) and got body slammed:boxing:) which hurt but I understand how it might look irresponsible from the outside...its not so much as irresponsible as it is old as these things often get. Abuse is a terrible cycle and it started with my father and there is not a one of my siblings who has not been affected in some way. My sister is most like my mom - soft and waaaaay too loving/nurturing...she cares. I am (without Christ) quite the opposite which is why I chose the military and law enforcement as a career probably...so I could show up "legally" (lol-NOT). Seriously, people who know me like it when I walk in grace and am endowed with Gods love...otherwise?...Well...let's just say "Not so much"! We are both extremes of what we might have been without the childhood of abuse exposure. I don't want ya'll to go away thinking "Wow - this chick is evil". I am not ashamed of my life - the good or the bad for they both reflect God at work. I wish it were so simple: We were all angels floating around with gumdrops and giggles on our lips, but that is not the truth: We all have struggles - places we've been and places God is trying to get us to go. I am no different. For the most part I am smooth like the calmest of seas...but there are wounds - scars from an ugly childhood - scars all children who grow up watching one parent abused carry...that will take me places I don't like to go and in a hurry. That is why I understand my brothers. That is why I also am proud that God allows me to walk away. That is why no one knows better from the inside out - how those children feel. No one knows better than I how the "system is supposed to work" but doesn't when there is a lady involved who is and has been - broken for a very long time. That is why I asked and am asking you to continue to pray without judgement for my sister, her children and this situation. If I did not know that there were real prayer warriors on this site; I would not ask...God is the only intervention that will work in this situation. I have raised a neice and a nephew as my own. They have the love for their mother that kids have - that "no matter what still my real mom kind of love for their mother". Now I don't know if ya'll can understand this or not but heres my point: This kind come not out but by prayer and fasting. Please reserve judgement and simply pray. It is the strength, wisdom and voice of God that is needed in this situation.

My sister goes back and forth and has for many years...she cries out for help and then fall silent (like now) For every step forward she seems to take a few back...please keep her in your prayers and me for I need the wisdom of God daily and HIS arm of protection. I guess what I don't think some people get is this: I can't control what my older sister does even though I'd like to of course. The type of love that exists in my family is deep and abiding...anyone of us would walk thru the flames through, with and for the other...My brother in law has been jailed, derailed and all the other things people do...but the reality is that abused women have something broken in their heads or maybe their hearts and until that yoke is broken...they are like boomerangs. There will never be a day when I walk away from her when she calls and so in some ways I suppose I too am a victim of that abuse because I too am tethered to that situation and will remain so for as long as she (my sister) lives. I gave her to God and I trust HIM to protect her. I also - when I am bothered in my spirit follow thee Spirit concerning her.

Today I am going there because I couldn't sleep last nite and I trust God to lead the way because well, I am blind...Lets keep praying for one another family!Please remember us in prayer! Thank you!

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:13 AM

As you know, I have pretty intense feelings about the subject of abuse. When it's brought up, I don't always wait to hear the whole story, I want run in with guns blazing and take care of business. Lol. I know what sprained ankles feel like from being dragged down stairs by my hair, I know what being choked until I think I'm going to pass out feels like, I know what black eyes and bruises are, and I know what it's like to be knocked unconscious. I know about hating and loving at the same time, the confusion, the depression, wanting to leave but not wanting to leave...all of it. And I also know what it's like to be set free from everything - what life is like without abuse. I know what it's like to finally be able to see myself as God sees me and not as evil describes me. I guess that's where the passion comes in - I know how much better it is.

I'm praying hard for your family. Praying that your sister will be protected through all of this and that God will give her the strength and courage to accept help. I'm praying that she will have a revelation of God's love for her - and that because of that love, He doesn't want her to be in an abusive relationship. I'm praying for your continued strength to stand by her, and that He will set your fears far from you and maintain your peace. I'm praying for her church that they will begin to hold this man accountable, and I'm praying for your brothers because they sound a lot like me in ways. Lol. I'm also praying for her husband - that God will show him this is not what a husband should be and that he will be given the strength to break the cycle.

Blessings to you and your family-

Lynn

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 10:37 AM

Thank you Linnie41.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 02:56 PM

dear elisee... yep still praying lady.

ole cattle

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 09:32 PM

Hi Elisee,

I'm glad I read this post because I am dealing with a VERY similar situation with a family member. Definitely will be praying for you and your family.

I feel your pain in the situation. Definitely not fun to deal with, that's for sure.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 09:46 PM

Dear Elsie,

I, too, will be praying for your sister and for you.

Years ago I was also in an abusive relationship. Unless a person has experienced it themselves, they really don't understand it.When I FINALLY decided to leave, i was afraid for my life. I was not a christian back then. I know now that God had something so much better for my life.

God Bless You, Sandy