Author Thread: Can We Trust Our Conscience?
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Can We Trust Our Conscience?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2019 05:59 AM

Christians should have a moral conscience.

Accept Scripture as our standard for Behavior.

Align our thinking with the Lord's.

Apply God's Word to daily living.

The conscience looks at thoughts and actions. We cannot always trust our conscience. It is essential that we rely on the Holy Spirit for Understanding.

Making right choices are important in Life.

Can we trust our conscience

2 Corinthians 1 :12

NKJV

Loree7

View Profile
History
Can We Trust Our Conscience?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 04:36 AM

I had to laugh at your satire. I was going to say sarcasm, but the exaggeration implied fits satire more.

I do have to say being from an obese family, I pray for help eating correctly. There have been occasions that God has convicted me as I put the food to my mouth. I have asked, "why didn't You say something before I sat down on the sofa?"

Back to the subject of the post. The Bible talks of our conscience being seared. I have lived in a culture that honors dishonesty. They believe a teach it is outsmarting the other person. When I returned money which was given me incorrectly, I was ridiculed. Don Richardson was a missionary in Papua New Guinea and wrote a book about how the tribe's culture had seared their conscience to murder. I can't remember which one of his book has it. It was either "Peace Child" or "Lord's of the Earth."

Yes, the Holy Spirit and God's Word are our guides. Thank God that we can trust them.

Page : 1 2