Author Thread
Loree7

View Profile
Racial Preference : Does it matter ? on CDFF ?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2020 07:43 AM

I just listened to Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee in Japanese and what a thrilling thought came in that one day in Heaven all tongues and tribes (note I didn't mention race) will sing together around God's throne. Amazing!

Loree7

View Profile
Moving on
Posted : 5 Mar, 2020 11:42 AM

There are two verses back to back in Proverbs. One says to not answer a fool or you will be like him and the other says to answer a fool or he will think that he is wise. We are to do both, but wisdom is to know when to answer and when not. I'm not sure that I am in that category by answering ajax. I've seen several of your posts. They display unforgiveness, unkindness, and a lack of love which are all commanded by God. You accuse women of not wanting a good guy. Whose standards is the "good" guy measuring? I use the Word of God to measure this? According to God's Word, with the spirit which you have displayed, would you measure as good?

Loree7

View Profile
Moving on
Posted : 5 Mar, 2020 11:32 AM

Actually, both would be losing. Both are losing a relationship which they invested time, words, and emotions. My opinion is that when one forgets that both are/were in the relationship and that both lost, one is portraying a selfish spirit. One should move on with a confident trust that God is always at work around us. The way we choose to leave a relationship shows what is inside of us. Is there mature trust in God and His ultimate will, or a show of a Satanic spirit of bitterness, unforgiveness, rage, and hatred.

Loree7

View Profile
REMEMBER THE PERSECUTED AND IN PRISON
Posted : 4 Mar, 2020 06:27 AM

When I began having my Sunday school class pray for our persecuted brethren, they didn't want to do so. I think that they thought it was contagious. Fast-forward a half a decade and they argue about who gets to pray and not-only for our brethren, but-also their persecutors. We need to get them trained while they are young. One of the boys has fallen in love with China. He now wants to be a missionary there knowing the dangers.

Loree7

View Profile
Living The Happy Life
Posted : 4 Mar, 2020 06:17 AM

The lack of unity with our brothers and sisters is a reason that the world has plenty of ammunition to criticize us. My father taught us, "If it isn't worth blood and death, it isn't worth a fight." That is coming from someone who lived under persecution as a Christian. Jesus says, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

To go with your verse, "This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Loree7

View Profile
I'd rather be alone than to find someone like this
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 02:55 PM

Thank God that "His mercies are new every morning" and that "if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Loree7

View Profile
My life was not to be like this......
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 11:49 AM

Barnowl, Have you found a church which you can become involved in the body of Christ? I looked to see if my cousin's church was close. They established a church in California, but not close enough.

Loree7

View Profile
Register For The Men's Weekend!
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 11:23 AM

Don't worry about sending winks. If I want one, I just have to leave my house. Just stating a troublesome fact.

Loree7

View Profile
Register For The Men's Weekend!
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 11:22 AM

They need not be concerned. The wolves are already present. They must have forgotten that the tares grow with the wheat. Should there really be events for young married, for retired, for husbands, for teens, for children? Shouldn't there be events for the church family? What would happen if Sunday School classes split up according to topics and not ages? But being a single lady doesn't give me much of a voice even in a ministry role. I even had a newbie, fresh out of college pastor tell me that he wouldn't consider a single as a camp counselor. I had to shake my head because I was old enough to be his mother and had been in the ministry longer than he had known been alive.

Loree7

View Profile
If My people want to know where they are needed...
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 07:51 AM

While your writing is creative and your skills are evident, God has called each of us to minister in differing areas according to our gifts. He came to seek and to save all who are lost. All sin is abominable to Him and all are in need of His blood.

I myself have the gift of teaching and the talent of art. These I use to further His kingdom where He has called me. We each are given different callings and all places need a light.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8