Author Thread: Ladies lets build our "perfect man"
Admin

Ladies lets build our "perfect man"
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 07:23 AM

In the Bible we are told that our perfection is in Christ.

We are told to mark the perfect man.

As humans...ladies if we could "build" our idea man what might he be like? What qualities might he possess - what might he look like...where might we begin?

I would start with his heart - I would mold it so that it reverences God FIRST... submitted to Christ first and open to the winds of God...capable and flexible enough to move when and how God says move. I would shape his heart to be for the things of God evidenced by the practicing of his faith. His heart would be for God.

I would want him to be healed: Mentally, physically, emotionally and Spiritually HEALED in the name of Jesus so that he can walk WHOLE. There are too many walking wounded - people (male and female) jumping into relationships expecting someone to make them whole. only God can do this. Being hurt, being wounded is a part of life. I would want him to spend the time he needs (however long that takes) to BE healed and be whole before taking the reigns of leadership of our home and family. I would like it if he would say that up front instead of wasting our time - his and mine: I'm not yet whole/ready for a new relationship but God is working with me right now.

I would want him to be a Godly leader - one who seeks God BEFORE making decisions and willing to get answers FIRST from the word rather than testosterone!

The outside? Well...I will only consider the outside of a man when the inside - CHARACTER, INTEGRITY line up with that of a Godly man according to scripture. The outside can look like a hunk of new money (as the saying goes) or a run down shanty (as I like to say) but the only thing that will determine my attraction to his outer shell will be his inner self.

Then and only then would I begin to build my idea of a beautiful man on the outside which we can talk about later (lol)...what about you other ladies? If you could build your perfect man...what might he be like?

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 05:31 PM

1st off I would kick myself for trying jk I dont think that I have as much confidence as it would take to do this. I think that I am going to leave it by the Good Lords Chance that He would be good enough to me since I am not the perfect molder but it...could be fun...jk tknchances

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 06:34 PM

Yea, I agree with tknchances that I'm not even gonna try. Lol! I do agree you, elisee, as well. That it's everything on the inside that comes before outer beauty, but apart from that it's all the good Lord's doing. :goofball:

Cristy

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 10:06 PM

loosen up ladies - have some fun...its not about being God the question really is this: What qualities do YOU value in a man!lol

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 02:05 AM

I agree with the man of God description. That is definitely the uphill battle, but if a guy wants to be with me, he needs to be able to CLIMB up the hill... it's a major turn off when a guy doesn't treat his body as a holy temple unto God. I want a guy who'll say, "Honey- I bought us passes to the gym 5-days-a-week- let's make it fun!" Or "Let's go rock climbing, baby, just you, me, and a lite picnic!" I enjoy going places and doing stuff. I want someone who can reinforce good things in me, and I in return to him. Completeness is already there in each of us, but it would be more like we would COMPLIMENT one another as a couple... like PB and J...you know? Similar interests, humble heart, listening ears toward heaven and earth, prayerful mind, a father's patience, assertively authoritative, king of his castle who'll make me his queen. I would love a man like that. But in the end, God directs us to whom He has set apart for us and fills that person with things even we'd be surprised we needed!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:59 AM

Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 10:06 PM

loosen up ladies - have some fun...its not about being God the question really is this: What qualities do YOU value in a man!lol

Ok just for fun but if this starts any trouble...jk I would have to go with the most value would have to be he values me...lol gotcha huh? tknchances

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 08:42 PM

:yay:

check out topic someone started called: what qualities do you seek in a woman?

:dunce:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 06:41 AM

I actually put it in my profile.

Only man in my life that is perfect is God, all others fall short.

I have asked God to send me a christian man who rejects passivity; accepts responsibility; leads courageously.... those are the qualities I would like in my my close to perfect/ perfect for me man.:hearts:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2009 07:31 AM

I would start with his heart - I would mold it so that it reverences God FIRST... submitted to Christ first and open to the winds of God...capable and flexible enough to move when and how God says move. I would shape his heart to be for the things of God evidenced by the practicing of his faith. His heart would be for God.

I would want him to be healed: Mentally, physically, emotionally and Spiritually HEALED in the name of Jesus so that he can walk WHOLE. There are too many walking wounded - people (male and female) jumping into relationships expecting someone to make them whole. only God can do this. Being hurt, being wounded is a part of life. I would want him to spend the time he needs (however long that takes) to BE healed and be whole before taking the reigns of leadership of our home and family. I would like it if he would say that up front instead of wasting our time - his and mine: I'm not yet whole/ready for a new relationship but God is working with me right now.

I would want him to be a Godly leader - one who seeks God BEFORE making decisions and willing to get answers FIRST from the word rather than testosterone!

The outside? Well...I will only consider the outside of a man when the inside - CHARACTER, INTEGRITY line up with that of a Godly man according to scripture. The outside can look like a hunk of new money (as the saying goes) or a run down shanty (as I like to say) but the only thing that will determine my attraction to his outer shell will be his inner self.

Then and only then would I begin to build my idea of a beautiful man on the outside which we can talk about later (lol)...what about you other ladies? If you could build your perfect man...what might he be like?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 05:44 PM

As you say elisee, perfection is in heaven. Here on earth there's alot of "us" broken pots strewn about. One of the challenges to this thing called "our flesh", is to be able to forgive others and let go of the past.

Forgiving others has become easier for me as I've matured, the leaving the rest behind I strive to do. It nabs me once in awhile, but try not to take it into "whatever" future God has for me.

Building a better Godly guy -- that would take some doin. I do believe that God is the only one qualified -- however, he has given everyone the capacity to:

Turn the other cheek and re-examine ourselves thru God's perspective.

If we all just did that, everyone here JUST might find the "perfect" man or woman.

At's my story and I'm stickin to it :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 07:18 AM

Glad the title to this little post (Ladies lets build our "perfect man") grabbed your attention! Perhaps it should have been called:

"What qualities do you appreciate in a man?"

This is an individual thing for each of us and should all back to the bible.

Funny to see how many of you took the title literally!lol..."build our 'perfect man'"? Come on! Really?lol

I listed qualities that I hope line up with the word and invited you to do so as well and so far ya'll are really hitting the word with this one. Bless God!

Love in Christ Jesus - Elise

Page : 1 2