Author Thread: This is often Sensitive topic with some churches
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
This is often Sensitive topic with some churches
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 07:53 AM

What do you have in way of scripture to promote a woman in church.

Bishop

Pastor

Minister

1Timothy 2:11-14

NKJV

Let a woman learn in silence and all submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first then Eve. And Adam was not deceived , but the woman being deceived , fell into transgression.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 03:29 PM

Richard, in his gross ignorance, thinks exegesis of scripture simply means to compare scripture according to his false standards.

Richard uses a topical reference guide to find scriptures to cut and paste. But as a prominent false teacher on CDFF forums he doesn’t seem to care if each verse under a general topic in the guide are specifically relevant with each other.

For example, It takes very little intellect to understand that the topical scriptures under the subject heading “god”, apply differently according to context and usage. An easy illustration—the word god. The word God (Elohim) might refer to God the creator of heaven and earth or the same Hebrew and English word might apply to false gods. So all the verses under a given topic may not necessarily be relative to one another

Perhaps someone might reach out to Richard and help him better understand this.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 03:29 PM

Richard, in his gross ignorance, thinks exegesis of scripture simply means to compare scripture according to his false standards.

Richard uses a topical reference guide to find scriptures to cut and paste. But as a prominent false teacher on CDFF forums he doesn’t seem to care if each verse under a general topic in the guide are specifically relevant with each other.

For example, It takes very little intellect to understand that the topical scriptures under the subject heading “god”, apply differently according to context and usage. An easy illustration—the word god. The word God (Elohim) might refer to God the creator of heaven and earth or the same Hebrew and English word might apply to false gods. So all the verses under a given topic may not necessarily be relative to one another

Perhaps someone might reach out to Richard and help him better understand this.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 03:43 PM

I am reading a book now by Elizabeth Elliott. She is a very good writer ! Her book is definitely not a fairy tale . I'm sure she write more than one book.

This one is on Discipline.....you Prophetic could learn from her writings.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 04:36 PM

Little David bought this fairy tale even though it contradicts God's Word!

Elisabeth, after grieving the loss of her husband, decided it was the Lords will to return to Ecuador to reach the very Indians who had killed her husband. Amazingly she was successful. **SHE TAUGHT** them many things from the scriptures. Some Indians, even those who killed her husband, repented and **TURNED TO JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOR**!

Satan uses fairy tales like the above to convince people that woman can teach men in the church to accept Jesus as their Savior??? which absolutely contradicts the Word of God. You can be sure that God would not allow a Satanic women preacher to teach men in the church to accept Jesus as their Savior!!

Little David: You should exegete Scripture by comparing other Scripture on the same topic Instead of using your own words and reasoning to evaluate the true meaning of that Scripture. It is God's Words and not my words that conbtradict your many false teachings!!

Oops I almost forgot to add John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My words, that very word which I spoke will condemn them at the Last Day!"

John 14:23,24: Jesus says, Anyone who loves Me **WILL OBEY MY TEACHING**. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching!"

John 16:12-14: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me, because it is **FROM ME** that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And so the entire New Testament inspired by the spirit are the **COMMANDS OF JESUS!!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY** in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU**. And surely I am with you always!!"

Luke 6:46-49: Jesus says, "As for everyone who comes to Me and hears **MY WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE**. I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears **MY WORDS** and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete!"

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

I John 2:3-5: We know we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, God's love is truly made complete in him!

I Corinthians 9:21: I am under **CHRIST'S LAW**!!

Galatians 6:2: Fulfill the **LAW OF CHRIST**!!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the {**OT**} law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE {**OT**} LAW!!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 04:46 PM

**WHAT ARE THE RESONSIBILITIES OF OVERSEERS AND ELDERS IN THE CHURCH WHO ARE ONLY MEN**??

Timpthy 3:2-6: The **OVERSEER** is to be above reporoach, faithfult to**HIS** wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to **TEACH**, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. **HE** must manage **HIS** own family well and see that **HIS** children obey **HIM**, and **HE** must do so in a manner of full respect. If anyone does not know how to manage **HIS** own family, how can **HE TAKE CARE OF GOD'S CHURCH**? **HE** must not be a recent convert, or **HE* may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the Devil.

Titus 1:6-9: An **ELDER** must be blameless, faithful to **HIS** wife, a **MAN** whose children believe and are no open to the charge of being wild or disobedient, Since an **OVERSEER** **MANAGES GOD'S HOUSEHOLD**, **HE** must be blameless--not overbearing, not quick tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not seeking dishonest gain. Rather, **HE** must be hospitable, one who loves that which is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. **HE** must **HOLD FIRMLY** to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that **HE** can **ENCOURAGE** others by **SOUND DOCTRINE** and **REFUTE** those who oppose it!

I Timothy 5:17: The**ELDERS**{WHO ARE ONLY MEN} who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of a double honor, especially those whose work is **PREACHING ** and **TEACHING**!

**DEACONS AND DEACONESSES LIKE PHOEBE ARE NOT **TEACHERS** and **PREACHERS**

Romans 16:1: I commend you to Phoebe, a **DEACONESS** of the church in Cenchrese.

Question: "What are the responsibilities of **DEACONS** and **DEACONESSES** in the church?"

Answer: In the New Testament, the word usually translated **SERVANT** is the Greek word **DIAKONEO** , which literally means "through the dirt." It refers to an attendant, a waiter, or one who ministers to another. From this word we get the English word “deacon.” We first see the word "deacon" used this way in the book of Acts. “And the twelve summoned the full number of the disciples and said, "It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to serve tables” (Acts 6:2). The men who were giving themselves to feeding the flock by preaching and teaching realized that it wasn’t right for them to leave those activities to wait tables, so they found some other men who were willing to serve, and put them in place to minister to the church’s physical needs while the elders or pastors ministered to their spiritual needs. It was a better use of the resources they were given, and a better use of everyone’s gifts. It also got more people involved in serving and helping one another.

Today, for the biblical church, these roles are essentially the same. Elders and pastors are to “preach the word…reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching” (2 Timothy 4:2), and deacons are to be appointed to take care of everything else. In a modern church, this might include taking on administrative or organizational tasks, ushering, being responsible for building maintenance, or volunteering to be the church treasurer. It depends on the need and the gifts of the available men.

The responsibilities of a deacon are not clearly listed or outlined; they are assumed to be everything that does not include the duties of an elder or pastor, which is to preach, teach, and exhort. But qualifications for a deacon’s character are clearly outlined in Scripture. They are to be blameless, the husband of one wife, a good household manager, respectable, honest, not addicted to alcohol and not greedy (1 Timothy 3:8-12). According to the Word, the office of deacon is an honor and a blessing. “For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 3:13).

The Greek word **DIAKONEO** is translated **SERVANT** 20 times in the New Testament. It is also translated **DEACON** in I Timothy 3:8, 10, 12. **DIAKONEO** is translated **DEACONESS** in Romans 16:1 in the Philips Modern Version and the Revised Standard Version and is translated **SERVANT** in the King James Version and the NIV 1984 Version and **DEACON** in the NIV 2011 Version.

Timothy 2:11: A **WOMAN** should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a **WOMEN** **TO TEACH** or to assume authority **OVER A MAN**!

I Corinthians 15:34,35:**WOMEN** should remain silent in the churches, They are not allowed **TO SPEAK**, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about anything, they should ask their husbands at home; for it is **DISGRACEFUL** for a **WOMAN** **TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH**!!

I Timothy 3:16,17: All Scripture is **GOD-BREATHEED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead and in view of His appearing and His Kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**; be prepared in season in out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear!!

I Peter 1:23-25: For you have been **BORN AGAIN**, not of perishable seed but the imperishable, through the living and enduring **WORD OF GOD**. For all people are like grass, and all their glory is like flowers in the field; the grass withers and the flowers fail, but the **WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER**!!

**HOWEVER WOMEN MAY TEACH OTHER WOMEN**!

Titus 2:3,4: Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God!!

Women may also teach their own children. Some theologians teach that it is ok for a women to teach boys 12 years old and younger since they are not considered to be men until age 12. Jesus first started to teach in the Temple at age 12 1/2 as per Luke 2:42,46. So then some theologians teach that Jesus considered Himself to be a boy and therefore to young to teach until He became a man when He was 12 years old. Of course there are many theologians who disagree with this theory.

Women may also teach a man in their home when their husband is present as per Acts 18:26: He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited **HIM** to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

John 16:12-14: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me, because it is **FROM ME** that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And so the entire New Testament inspired by the spirit are the **COMMANDS OF JESUS!!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY** in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU**. And surely I am with you always!!"

John 14:23,24: Jesus says, Anyone who loves Me **WILL OBEY MY TEACHING**. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching!"

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 05:43 PM

False prophetic Richard calls what God did through Elisabeth Elliot in reaching the violent Auca Indians with the gospel a work of Satan.

What Richard is accusing Elisabeth of sounds familiar.

In Matthew 12:27 Jesus also was accused by false teachers of casting our demons by Satan.

Seems to be a favorite accusation of many false teachers

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 06:00 PM

I think you've made your point PROPHETIC, your Posting are repeating !!

And LENGTHY.

Stop.....

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 06:12 PM

David quote:

This is not Richard’s first venture in to absurdity, his posts are the best evidence of that.

End quote

Ya ,Ya, Ya.... Richard must be reading the bible with an existensilist perception. He is a fan of the absurd.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 06:52 PM

Richard and his ilk of male chauvinist believe a woman cannot inform a man at any time anywhere. Period! End of story!

But what does God’s word say.

1 Corinthians 14:26 is contextually very clear. I don’t understand how Richard keeps missing it.

Quote 1 Corinthians 14:26

1 Corinthians 14:26 New International Version (NIV)

Good Order in Worship

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? >>>>When you come together,<<<< each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Richard misses these words: “When you come together...”

The context of this passage is about the formal worship meeting.

Just in case Richard missed the first defining clause, God repeats himself again in 1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace >>>>>as in all the congregations of the Lord's people<<<<<

But atlas, Richard misses these words again “...in all the congregations of the Lord's people”

And the so 1 Corinthians 14:34 is quite well established:

“Women should remain silent >>>in the churches<<<. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.”

Not allowed to speak certainly doesn’t mean a woman absolutely cannot speak in church period. Just a few verses earlier in 1 Corinthians 11 that discussion is already underway. There, some women were appropriately engaging in prophecy!!! Obviously, a woman is not to tape her mouth shut every time she goes to church!!

There’s a time and a place for women to practice silence and there’s a time and place for women to speak. There’s also a time for men to practice silence and a time for men to speak, per 1 Corinthians 14:26-29.

Discerning exegetes must define these distinctions clearly by stating the proper and biblical application of Paul’s statements regarding church conduct at worship.

One clear distinction remains, however, bishops/elders/pastors are to be men only.

Obviously instructions regarding formal worship do not apply to every possible situation, or Paul would have stated so

But Richard thinks women have no right to speak or to inform a man anywhere at anytime. And if she does instruct a man, she must always have a man present. RIDICULOUS!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 07:00 PM

Timothy 2:11: A **WOMAN** should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a **WOMEN** **TO TEACH** or to assume authority **OVER A MAN**!

I Corinthians 15:34,35:**WOMEN** should remain silent in the churches, They are not allowed **TO SPEAK**, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about anything, they should ask their husbands at home; for it is **DISGRACEFUL** for a **WOMAN** **TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH**!!

John 14:23,24: Jesus says, Anyone who loves Me **WILL OBEY MY TEACHING**. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me {Like Little David} will not obey My teaching!"

Oops I almost forgot to add John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My words, {Like Little David} that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the Last Day!"

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10