Author Thread: should you tell the other person you have a health condition
Alligator

View Profile
History
should you tell the other person you have a health condition
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 02:13 PM

Very few people put in their profile that they have a health condition that prevents them from certain activities. Do you want to know right away? or wait til you really fall hard for the guy/girl.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 08:13 PM

YES TO BE FAIR TO OTHER PERSON

IF ONE PERSON HIDES SECRETS IT CAN BACKFIRE

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 08:15 PM

IF PERSON REJECTS YOU THEY DID YOU A FAVOR SO YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE BETTER

YOU DONT NEED TO BE WITH ANYBODY WHO DOESNT ACCEPT U FOR WHO U ARE

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2019 11:05 AM

i sometimes wonder when a person (guy OR gal) states they definitely will not move, if its due to a health condition. I can deal with a man who has health problems, but don't like it to be hidden from me. Perhaps another reason to definitely not move is having family near. But we all know that everyone has difficulty finding a partner that is nearby. Sometimes you have to move to another city or state if you want a relationship/marriage, etc.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2019 11:33 AM

Wait a bit so you are sure it might be going somewhere then spring it on them and see if they stay, no sense in babbling dirty or medical secrets to every poor passer by.

But yes sooner rather than later is always better.

Constantine1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2020 10:54 AM

While sooner is generally better than later, telling a prospective match too soon can backfire. Reason is, they don't know much about you yet and therefore have no proper context in which to place the info that you have a health condition. To them you are just a picture and a few sentences right now. It would be different if they got to know and like the rest of you first, then they could decide if they are willing to go further or bail. It's a tricky situation I have a health condition (no fault of my own) and plenty of women have bailed without really getting to know me first.