Author Thread: Home Owner: is this a good or bad omen?
Admin

Home Owner: is this a good or bad omen?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 05:15 PM

I just bought a house (Yay, right?). And after recently breaking up with a girl who was a little too upfront about her desire for marriage, I was wondering if a young man owning a nice home sent the same vibe of "too ready to settle down" or if it conveys "fiscally responsible" or even something else.

Thanks ;-)

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 03:12 PM

For me, good omen. he's got his act together.

Living with his parents - BAD omen!

;-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 04:26 PM

From my humble perspective, owning your home doesn't mean anything more than You're a Homeowner. Some women might view it as, "He stable, responsible and planning for his future". Some might not.

I personally wouldn't and I'll go ya one step further. A good friend of mine went out with this guy because he had money. When he realized she was using him, he turned her loose.

He and I actually went out for a time later on down the road and he couldn't get over the fact that his so called wealth didn't matter to me. He even asked me that very question.

It was the content of his character that I liked. In the end it didn't work out as he was very smothering and started planning my every move.

So you might find women who care about that, but in the end it's just a house. A home is something YOU make it into.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 04:48 PM

The more I use this site, the more blessed and privileged I feel to be part of this virtual community of the Saints in Christ.

I love the accountability asked in the sex question, the affirmations that the Lord's blessings in my life are not intrinsically evil, and the encouragement that there's boasting in the flesh for even something like owning a house.

May the Lord continue to heal each of our relationships and to continue to knit us together to be His church.

Yours in Christ,

Mike ;-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 06:29 PM

Hi Bush. I think it doesn't say anything negative. I think it makes you look like a responsible man, who is focused in obtaining the things you want now not when you're much older. It shows you're serious about your future. You have a good head on your shoulders. Be proud of yourself.

God Bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 06:00 PM

ok I am older.. sigh .. BUT I have to say that any person who can manage to be responcible enough to buy a house in this day and age is someone to be admired. It does NOT make you desperate but rather smart and stable..

GB U

Page : 1 2