Author Thread: Age Difference
Admin

Age Difference
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 11:22 PM

So, do you think 23 and 45 is too much age difference to possibly work? I believe you should approach a relationship Biblically and start out working on friendship. Of course, also never give out personal information like social security # ( I don't give that out over the phone to places I trust even!), credit card # ( I don't have one, but still). What do you guys think?

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 09:22 AM

dear darth, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 10:31 PM

Personally I believe it is too much of a generation gap. Not only does it make him old enough to be your daddy, but there are things he has been through in life that you have yet to experience. I think the fact the question has even come up means you have some doubt.

Pray; and trust in your heart. Only you know if it is right.

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 01:15 AM

Age really is just how long you have been on the planet. What you have done with those years matters more. Just like people who say that they have been saved since they were a child but never grow in christ trying to tell someone who has been just recently saved that they aren't as "close to God". So don't question his age, question his life, his heart, his intention. Some people have "young spirits" (or young personalities), this is something to remember.

Another thing to consider is why are you attracted to someone? Is it lingering "daddy issues"? I know that was the case with me. My father was the best dad he knew how to be, but for me it still felt like he didn't provide something pivotal to me. That caused me to search for those things in other guys and it was really unhealthy. So I saw a counselor. Now I am aware of the habit and more readily able to examine the deeper reasons. Now I go to my heavenly father for what I don't get from the earthly one. This allows whomever God has planned for me to be my partner and husband without the added job of being my proxy father too.

Ultimate suggestion, PRAY! If it doesn't feel right don't do it!

thealphajustin

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 10 Dec, 2009 02:33 PM

i'll have to agree. From a mans perspective, that much of an age gap is likely to fail. its not that age is an issue, its just that when a man is 40 there is no way he can really connect with a girl who is 20 other then physically.

this doesn't mean he is a pervert....it just means he priorities need adjusting. then of course there is a trend in both men and women where they might want to recapture their youth and if thats the case then he will eventually change his mind on how he feels about you.

I'm sure a lot more can be said on the topic but really as long as you both really love the Lord and PRAY and make God the center of the relationship then it's worth a shot. But you need to be cautious because older men are likely to want a physical relationship. if you really want to see if he is a man of God and is sincere then don't go that route. in fact don't even kiss him. If he is cool with that then he is likely interested in you for the right reasons, not the wrong reasons.

Page : 1 2