Author Thread: Age Difference
Admin

Age Difference
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 11:22 PM

So, do you think 23 and 45 is too much age difference to possibly work? I believe you should approach a relationship Biblically and start out working on friendship. Of course, also never give out personal information like social security # ( I don't give that out over the phone to places I trust even!), credit card # ( I don't have one, but still). What do you guys think?

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 12:36 AM

There was recently a post on this subject that I stayed out of. Lol

Honestly, yes. I think it's too much of an age difference. I think my "cut-off" age is when I know he couldn't be old enough to be my father, which is about 13 years (and even that is a little far out).

At 45, this person isn't "old" (hey, that's a few years older than ME!!). However, look down the road a little...when you're 45, he will be almost 70. He will have been able to draw social security for a couple of years...believe me, I'm in my 40's right now, and even if he's still in great physical shape, he's still pushing 70. I cannot for the life of me imagine being with someone that much older than me. Even now, you're only 23 - have you thought about whether you want kids?

I have a daughter your age and I can tell you I would come absolutely unglued if I found out she was dating someone my age. There are so many people in the world to have a relationship with that when I see or hear of a guy dating some girl 20+ years his junior, one word comes to mind: pervert. (And to be even, the same goes for women that I see with much younger men.)

Sorry, this is my opinion. :-)

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 12:33 PM

I do not want children, and I have always liked older men. I do not like men my age.

desipe

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 02:02 PM

hello Baptist College Gal,

you know, for some reason i thing you should give yourself a couple more years to think about the things you came up with right now because our God is an awesome God and maybe He want you to have children ...

God bless you

diana

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 04:03 PM

There are plenty of people meant to be parents. I do not want children for a variety of reasons. God DOES NOT command people to have children. He says they're a blessing of marriage.

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 05:24 PM

Hey Baptist Girl,

My older sister married a guy 17 years her senior. It never bothered her or him. It's all a matter of What you feel the Holy Spirit is leading you to do.

My older sis never wanted kids and she never had them. However, the marriage didn't last. Don't know your fella's background, but with her ex -- my sis was his 3rd marriage. After 10 years, he had an affair with a woman 10 years younger than my sis. He divorced my sis and knocked her for nines I can attest to that. After his 4th wife had a baby and was a year old he left her.

Not saying all men will do this, but if he's trying to recapture his youth through having a younger woman by his side, whether he realizes it or not, then that's just not gonna fly.

If he's never been married (might have to wonder about that as well) and he's SAVED I don't care what denomination, as long as he has a relationship with Jesus, then there's a possibility.

Before you do anything, pray, talk to your pastor, seek counsel and I mean Godly counsel and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Now -- if it were my 20 year old son going for a 45 year old woman -- Honey -- I'd have him for lunch!! But that's the Mom in me coming out. Cause I have a 20 yr old son.

ImHis

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 11 Jul, 2009 09:42 PM

I have a friend that was married to a man 20 some years her senior. They were married 25 years when he passed away. They had a family and a wonderful marriage. She has since remarried and he is also much older. They have been married almost 7 years and are very happy. Christ is the center of their relationship, they travel and evangelize. It can work.

Turn over every leaf a couple of times to make sure this is the right thing. If it is, then both of you make the commitment and NEVER speak the word divorce.

Hope this helps, Sandy

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 01:02 PM

I do not want children, and I have always liked older men. I do not like men my age.

I found a joke a long time ago that made alot of sense if u think about it. Here it is.......U want to here God Laugh?

Tell him ur plans....lol....I thought this was helpful I wish I would've come across this joke long long time ago......when I was planning out my life.............like tking a order or something........

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 02:56 AM

i dont know hey people are different. i will not date a guy thats younger than me, even if the difference is a year. and i will not date an extremely old guy, because i feel like he will rule over me. and become more of a father figure than a husband or a boyfriend.

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 08:36 AM

dear lebo, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Age Difference
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 01:13 AM

I think age can matter, but its up to the couple to determne how much it matters. You can be 45 but like to hang out with younger single folks and you can be in your twenties and like to hang out with older married folk. I think it all depends on your needs. and the individual. Either way you might want to pray on it. :)

Page : 1 2