Author Thread: Why do guys have to have barbie to be happy?
Admin

Why do guys have to have barbie to be happy?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 03:29 PM

I recently read a guys profile and one of the first things he mentioned was that he wanted someone who was gorgeous and tiny in figure... Get real boys, that hurts every girl. Are all guys really that shallow?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 04:18 PM

HELLO HOLLY, HOW ARE U 2DAY?

UMM, HAVING READ YOUR POST, I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION, HOWEVER, LIKE I'VE MENTIONED ELSEWHERE, ONE MAN'S MISTAKE OR WHAT APPEARS 2 BE, SHOULD NOT ACCOUNT OR LEAD YOU 2 FEEL THAT ALL MEN ARE THE SAME OR THAT ALL MEN REQUIRE A "BARBIE" LOOKING FEMALE.

PERSONALLY, I THINK THE GUY IN QUESTION MAY HAVE GONE A BIT 2 INTO DEPTH, HOWEVER, NOT ALL MEN ARE THE SAME.

IN ADDITION, U EXPLAINED THAT THE COMMENTS MADE BY THE GUY IN QUESTION "HURTS ALL GIRLS". IN MY VIEW, EVERY SINGLE WOMAN ON THIS SITE IS BEAUTIFUL:hearts:, I'M NOT JUST SAYING THAT 4 U ALL 2 FEEL BETTER BUT, THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, AS WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURE, WE WERE ALL MADE IN GODS IMAGE, KNOWING THIS, NO AMOUNT OF COMMENTS, AS ABUSIVE AS THEY MAY SOUND, SHOULD CHALLENGE US OR LEAD US TO FEEL ANY LESS PRETTY THAN WE ALREADY ARE.

PERSONALLY, TRUE BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN

HAVE A LOVELY DAY FRIEND:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 04:45 PM

dear heart, welcome to the forums..

you read one prolie and came to the conclusion that all men are shallow.. not very good deducting.. hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 10:36 PM

Anyone who's stated shallowness offends you, thank them for not wasting your time. If looks are not your hangup, count yourself blessed. Most of us won't get there for a long time. Please don't look down us for it. Expect us to honor Christ in our relationships and our conversations, but don't expect us to value the same things in the flesh as others.

There are many factors that make a relationship work, and honestly, God made sex one of them. You want a partner who's desire is for you and not just that he sees through his mate's outward appearance. How awful would that be to know your mate isn't physically attracted to you but still wants to be with you? It would break my heart. To that end, we should aim to disarm Satan of his tools by bringing our attractiveness to the table in a relationship and by dating those we do find attractive.

Where the flesh is weak, pray for your brother. Should I feel bad that the 5'10 women don't look for men as short as I? Far from it. I should love my sisters as Christ does and know that the Lord will help me find someone who's attracted to short guys ;-)

Take heart and forbid the Devil from letting this cause you to stumble.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 12:31 AM

I may have read one profile but its also called living life and being around guys that are shallow 24/7... It's not just one guy.

desipe

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 03:06 AM

hi holly :waving:

some guys r like that, thats why they r still lookin ... still lookin ... still lookin ... :zzzz: ... lets call em wannabeken :ROFL:

God is so awesome He to His time will lead us to the special 1 thats ment 4 us, that we all who r out there looking for the scecial 1 have 2 have faith in!!!

i 4 myself wouldn�t want wannabeken cause i know he would try to change who i am untill the ME is gone, so don�t give it no more thought cause u r far more worth than that!!!

i know its just annoying!!!

God bless u holly,

u�r SIC diana :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 10:56 AM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you my sister.

I want you to first of all be honest with yourself. Do you want a guy who weights about 350lbs? If you say that it wouldn't matter as long as his heart is right, then that's good, in the since of you not being hypocritical in your judgment concerning the shallowness of guys.

I say that because I've spoken with women who may be offended in that a guy wants "a barbie" type when they themselves who may not be the "barbie" type, wants a "ken" type.

They won't give a guy who is much overweight a chance with them though they are much overweight themselves. Don't mean to sound harsh, I've seen this in person.

So in essense when these women condemn guys for their shallowness, they are actually condemning their very own selves.

I'm 5'8, divorced (justly), with kids, with brown skin, though very fit.

To some women I'm too short, to some I've been married before and that's a no for them, to some I already have kids and they don't want that, to others they are not into "black" guys. To some my income is too low (for them).

Listen, we all have preferences when it comes to a mate. As long as those preferences do go against holiness, love, and righteousness, we're ok.

Many women whom I've desired didn't desire me and many who desired me, I didn't desire.

But I've learned as we live and grow and experience, our taste can surely change.

Good News for you: I know that their are those who are not attracted to barbie types (have met them personally). They say they like a woman with meat on her bones. Also, a woman that one man finds attractive may not be attractive to another man who's viewing her. I've experience that as well.

So all in all, dear sister, I encourage you to examine yourself, be honest and fair in this matter, seek GOD, be content with what you have, love yourself and others, appreciate who GOD made you while always seeking to better yourself spiritually and physically, and stand still and see the Salvation of the LORD. Amen.

In the Love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 11:05 AM

dear folks, first off theres nothin wrong with anyone be it man or woman having a preference.. whats gorgeous and thin to you may not be what it is to someone else. its all in the eye of the beholder. everybody has some kind of preferences.. so how could i judge a man or a woman as shallow for likin who or what they like in or about a person? i wont.. cause thats not righteous judgement..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 03:44 PM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you.

aheartforthenations do to the age retrictions on your profile, I could not send you a note, but if you are interested, I know of someone who may be interested in you. Contact me for more info.

In the Love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

ajw82w82

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 06:37 PM

ok men dont want barbie! society has formed a image that you have to be thin and in fit to be happy. but i can tell you one thing all of the girls i have dated the ones that are into what they look like and all they care about is there looks are the insecure ones. its true! id rateh have a good confident christan girl than a super moddel. just remember that in 30 years the ones who married on looks are going to be dissapointed because the six pack is most likely going to turn into a keg .(well unless yuo watch alot of bow flex advertisments.lol) well good luck anf mr right is out there and he wont care about looks

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 10:52 PM

Oh boyyyy!!!!

You hit a reall hot topic!

Heres my two cents.

We are all conditioned from childhood to go after what is attractive. It is brainwashing basically.

As Christians we go against the grain against the world against the popular culture.

If I were you chick. I would get as skinny as you can and read your bible and pray hard because men are extremely visual, if you want to get a husband even a saved one you will have to be attractive. Im tired of the fake, I have been getting dissed constantly on these dating sites and i have found the women go for the most attractive guy with the most money. they dont care too much for even if the dude is an evangelist and preacher like me.

So I am getting glam photos of me done. Check me out in a few weeks.

If you cant beat them join them right.

I heard a great quote from Michael Pink.

Nice guys compete fiercely.

Page : 1 2 3