Author Thread: What if only women could start a conversation?
Admin

What if only women could start a conversation?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 10:45 AM

What if this website was modified so that only women could initiate a conversation with men? not the other way around. I have talked to multiple women, and they all complain how many hundreds of messages they get. Well, this could be fixed easily. Lol Allow women to do the searching and the initial "hi" and our job would be to respond. Once a response is made, two people could chat as much as they wanted. But men would not be able to send unsolicited messages. Also, winks would be removed. Most people either don't understand or don't like that feature. Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 10:57 AM

Women are already allowed to do the searching and make the initial contacts on here.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 12:59 PM

Given how empty the profiles of most woman are.... I rather doubt much conversation would be happening at all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 10:39 AM

I would be up for it! At least I know she would be interested enough in me to message me in the first place.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2020 09:31 AM

Bumble has that function. Unfortunately, it's secular so the chance to find someone with a serious faith is slim. That said, I'd think both men and women should be able to test waters so there would be fewer chances of missed opportunities.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2020 09:37 AM

I think, when men are allowed to send messages, what happens is a handful of very attractive women get thousands of messages and the rest of them get very few messages.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2020 07:37 PM

There are dating sites that use that format.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 01:49 PM

I never understood why women don't send a message first. I know that my profile is a bit odd for most people on here, yet it fits me, and who I am. A women that doesn't send a message to someone they find of interest, is doing her self a great disservice.

Flagen

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2021 06:53 PM

> What if this website was modified so that only women could initiate a conversation with men? not the other way around. I have talked to multiple women, and they all complain how many hundreds of messages they get. Well, this could be fixed easily. Lol Allow women to do the searching and the initial "hi" and our job would be to respond. Once a response is made, two people could chat as much as they wanted. But men would not be able to send unsolicited messages. Also, winks would be removed. Most people either don't understand or don't like that feature. Lol

With all due respect, I have some big issues with this

> What if this website was modified so that only women could initiate a conversation with men?

@Admin

This does 3 things:

1• It takes away free choice on both sides

2• It creates frustration among men

3• It takes away a bit of biblical authority on where men stand in the relationship

It takes away free choice from men because we (or at least I) will feel like it won't be worth our time to even try to initiate a conversation because it will feel like we need to gain the woman's permission, which is already in effect kinda. If we do message a woman and she doesn't respond then we know that she isn't interested in us. Which is okay and men (and women) should respect that :) However, it also takes away women's choices too because it will shrink the available pool of men to choose from.

It creates frustration for men. We have dating issues just the same XD so adding more on the plate such as limitations won't help the issue.

It takes away a bit of the man's authority in the relationship because we as men are to lead in the relationship. If you were to take away the simple right (that both sides own) to just message the other gender, it will hinder the growth of the relationship which can create distrust for both men and women.

Also, some women like the man to make the first move, also some men like women to make the first move too. So to remove this option isn't a good idea for both men and women and CDFF.

> I have talked to multiple women, and they all complain how many hundreds of messages they get.

@Admin

Is this such a bad thing? It shows signs that she is worthy of the affection of that man.

> I think, when men are allowed to send messages, what happens is a handful of very attractive women get thousands of messages and the rest of them get very few messages.

@(Unknown Author)

So what would happen if only women were only allowed to send messages is that a handful of very attractive MEN get thousands of messages and the rest of them get very few messages. While yes it is kinda sad, it is how it is. "Attractive" men and women will always get more messages because society has convinced the masses that physical beauty is what makes a relationship. Now I am not going to blame it all on society because it is also just biology. BUT, We all have a different definition of what "Attractive" means. To some, Kim Kardashian is "Attractive", but to me, I don't think she is. So beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it truly is :D Which is a great thing because there will be someone who loves you for both your looks and your mindset! I am of such type, sure there are some women I find physically attractive but I would never want to be with them because they do not have the same mindset as me, or are just plainly not Christian.

> But men would not be able to send unsolicited messages.

@Admin

Women are just as guilty as men of sending "unsolicited messages". But I believe that if you are not willing to handle unsolicited messages then the person should find other avenues of finding a spouse. HOWEVER, I fully believe that you should only send one message and if they don't respond move on, do not go and bother them so either they have to tell you to stop or they block you or report you.

> Also, winks would be removed. Most people either don't understand or don't like that feature.

@Admin

Well... I have 2 things about this

• I like the idea of removing them, then again I don't

• In your system it really won't work

I like the idea of removing them because I find them flirting, which I don't think is... right..? I don't know. However, in the current system, it does help when you are out of their message-age-range and you want them to know that either A: You are interested in talking with them or B: You want them to know that you are interested in them.

In your system, you stated "Allow women to do the searching and the initial "hi" and our job would be to respond." If this isn't a typo (Which I think you meant "Allow men to do"), you would, by removing the wink feature, remove almost all ways for men to communicate with women, it would be totally one-sided and unfair.

To end my thoughts on this, while sure this system might work in both theory and in practice, it would require a sister-app for men and would need total cooperation from all of its members, and that it would require it from the start of the app's lifespan, and members would need to be fully informed before joining. This app can not change its system because it is already grounded in it :)

This is all just my view on it, not trying to offend anyone :D

juzif

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2021 01:52 AM

I thought they did? and they're called scammers right? pfft j/k ladies ...<-- runs