Author Thread: Pray without ceasing
Admin

Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 02:28 PM

I've been told once that praying too much for the same thing is putting that prayer over God. There was a time where I just stopped praying because I heard this said. But every time I verse kept coming to my mind and my heart. Three little words. Pray without ceasing. I'm not saying it's not possible for us to put things before God, but when we're praying to Him, asking Him for something, then we are only getting closer to Him. If you believe that God will give you what you ask then ask for it. He may not give it to you the way you think He will or in the time you think He will, but if you ask and pray and believe that He will answer that prayer you're praying, He will answer it. You have to trust in Him, get rid of your doubt and pray. I know some of you will say "God isn't a genie that grants our every wish." . I'm not saying God is a genie that grants our every wish, but if we ask it shall be given to us, seek and you shall find it, knock and it shall be open unto you. And when you ask, ask in faith. Don't say "I believe God can do it." , say "I believe God will do it." . Let's not put God in a box. Ask Him to give you what you need. If you want a spouse, ask. If you need money, ask. If you need a car, ask. He will help you with those things. And what you ask, believe you have received it. And when answers those prayers for you praise Him for it, testify. Because if you're bragging about the things God gives you it's not bragging, it's testifying. So pray. Even in these hard times, pray, He will take care of you. Amen.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 03:28 PM

Morgan,

You have forgotten about His name, what is His name.

Each name of GOD Almighty revealed in the Scriptures relates to everything in a persons life.

John 14 verses 13 - 14

Whatever you ask ( beg ) in my name ( his name is not Jesus ) that will i do that the Father will be glorified in the Son.

First find what His name(s) are, then see how they are fulfilled in Messiah, then ask according to His name, as His names reveal His character, attitude and personality.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 06:47 PM

QUIZNOS SAYS: “Morgan, You have forgotten about His name, what is His name.

Each name of GOD Almighty revealed in the Scriptures relates to everything in a persons life.

John 14 verses 13 - 14

Whatever you ask ( beg ) in my name ( his name is not Jesus ) that will i do that the Father will be glorified in the Son.

First find what His name(s) are, then see how they are fulfilled in Messiah, then ask according to His name, as His names reveal His character, attitude and personality. END QUIZNOS QUOTE

Quiznos, in all due respect, you’re mistaken

First of all, I don’t know where you’re getting your bad information, but everyone everywhere knows the Greek name “Jesus” IS the name of Jesus!!

Second, by suggesting we must all use just the right “names” you’ve effectively turned praying to Jesus into a magic formula!

Third, when Jesus says we must ask “in his name” it doesn’t mean Jesus refuses to answer pray unless his name is magically attached at the end.

Rather “asking in Jesus name“ means asking in accordance with all that is consistent with who Jesus is and the will of God. Paul prayed 3 times to have a “thorn in the flesh” removed but Paul’s prayer wasn’t granted because Jesus wanted Paul to bear the thorn to keep Paul from boasting.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 07:10 PM

Morgan, you should check out the principle of prayer in: Luke 18:1-8

New International Version

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.(A) 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice(B) against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”(C)

6 And the Lord(D) said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out(E) to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man(F) comes,(G) will he find faith on the earth?”

As for ”praying without ceasing” it means we should be in a proper attitude of thankfulness and prayer at all times anywhere anytime. When you’re driving, pray (but without being distracted of course) pray when you walk, pray when you get up, pray when you eat and pray in everything! Just exactly as if Jesus were beside you.

You don’t have to worry about normal “doubts” when you pray. In the gospels, Jesus healed many people and performed miracles for people who doubted and for those without doubts.

James, however, speaks to a specific kind of sinful doubting. This kind of doubting characterizes a double minded man. The man wants the world and Jesus. In this man’s thinking, Jesus is just a means to an end.

I've been told once that praying too much for the same thing is putting that prayer over God. There was a time where I just stopped praying because I heard this said. But every time I verse kept coming to my mind and my heart. Three little words. Pray without ceasing. I'm not saying it's not possible for us to put things before God, but when we're praying to Him, asking Him for something, then we are only getting closer to Him. If you believe that God will give you what you ask then ask for it. He may not give it to you the way you think He will or in the time you think He will, but if you ask and pray and believe that He will answer that prayer you're praying, He will answer it. You have to trust in Him, get rid of your doubt and pray. I know some of you will say "God isn't a genie that grants our every wish." . I'm not saying God is a genie that grants our every wish, but if we ask it shall be given to us, seek and you shall find it, knock and it shall be open unto you. And when you ask, ask in faith. Don't say "I believe God can do it." , say "I believe God will do it." . Let's not put God in a box. Ask Him to give you what you need. If you want a spouse, ask. If you need money, ask. If you need a car, ask. He will help you with those things. And what you ask, believe you have received it. And when answers those prayers for you praise Him for it, testify. Because if you're bragging about the things God gives you it's not bragging, it's testifying. So pray. Even in these hard times, pray, He will take care of you. Amen.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 07:13 PM

Whoops I meant to erase the part of your post I quoted at the end of my reply above. I copied it for reference and forgot about it

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 31 May, 2020 07:26 PM

I Timothy 6:5-10 There are people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to **FINANCIAL GAIN**. {Like the Prosperity Gospel of Joel Osteen} But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing in the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, **WE WILL BE CONTENT WITH THAT**. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the **LOVE OF MONEY** is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs!

I John 2:15-17: Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world. love for the Father **IS NOT IN THEM**. For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever!

Hebrews 13:5: Keep your lives free from the love of money and **BE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE**, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you!"

Matthew 6:31-34: Jesus says, "Do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans {And the *PROSPERITY GOSPEL*} run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But **SEEK** first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own!"

Luke 16:13: Jesus says, "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money!"

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 1 Jun, 2020 06:54 AM

We Believers, Pray to God.

The only true and Living God is Jehovah.

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 1 Jun, 2020 02:39 PM

Morgan, you seem to be confused by the Sacred Name Only movement. Jesus is Yeshua. They are the same person. My name is Christopher and if someone mispronounces my name I don't condemn them to Hell. In Spanish my name is Cristobal. Names are translated to keep the original meaning intact. The meaning of a name is often lost in transliteration. My name means Christ bearer. Or One who carries the Messiah. Jesus is the modern English version of Iesous. Iesous is the Greek form of Yeshua. Greek has no letter for "sh". Hebrew does. So all "sh" sounds become an "s" sound in Greek. Additionally, Greek male names end in an "s" sound. So if your name is Mark. It would be Markus in Greek. So Yeshua becomes Iesous. Pronounced Yeh-sooce. Jesus, pronounced Jee-zuss, is just a mispronunciation at worst. It's not a secret conspiracy to get all the Christians to worship Zeus.

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 2 Jun, 2020 05:37 AM

*}**THE WONDERFUL NAMES OF JESUS CHRIST**!!

Jesus in English is Yeshua or Joshua in Hebrew and means **GOD IS HELP**!! Joshua in Hebrew is phonetically pronounced "YESHUA" since the "J" in Hebrew is pronounced "YEH". “Christ” comes from the Greek word "Christos", meaning “Anointed One” or “Chosen One.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Masheach, or “Messiah.” Jesus the Messiah in Hebrew is pronounced **YESHUA HA MASHEACH**

Matthew 1:21-23: The angel of the Lord said, " She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name **JESUS** {Which means **GOD IS HELP**}, because He will save His people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said {In Isaiah 7:14 below} through the prophet: "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son and they will all Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!"

Luke 2:9,10: An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them. The angel said, "I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a **SAVIOR** has been born to you; He is the **MESSIAH**, the **LORD**!"

Isaiah 7:14: "The Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL!" {Which means **GOD WITH US**! quoted in Matthew 1:23 above}

Isaiah 9:6: For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called **WONDERFUL COUNSELOR** and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD** AND **SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

**JESUS CHRIST** is also called **THE LAMB OF GOD** **THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE** **THE GOOD SHEPHERD** **JUDGE** **LORD OF LORDS** **HEAD OF THE CHURCH** **MASTER** **FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS** **THE ROCK** **HIGH PRIEST** **THE DOOR** **LIVING WATER** **BREAD OF LIFE** **ROSE OF SHARON** **ALPHA AND OMEGA** **THE BEGINNING AND THE END** THE TRUE VINE** **TEACHER** **PROPHET** **ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD** **HOLY ONE** **ONLY MEDIATOR** **LIGHT OF THE WORLD** **IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD** **THE WORD** **CHIEF CORNERSTONE** **SAVIOR** **AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH** **THE ALMIGHTY** **KING OF KINGS** **PRINCE OF PEACE** **SON OF MAN** **REDEEMER** **BRIGHT MORNING STAR** **THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE**!!

John 1:1-4,18: In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God, and the*(WORD WAS GOD**. He was with God in the beginning . Through Him all things were made, without Him nothing was made that has been made, In Him was Life and tat Light was the Light of all mankind.... No one has ever seen God but the One and Inly Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!!

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 2 Jun, 2020 01:39 PM

Kristofer that's not even what this topic is about.

View Profile
History
Pray without ceasing
Posted : 3 Jun, 2020 05:01 AM

"**PRAY CONTINUALLY**; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS!!" {I Thess 5:17,18}

Matthew 6:5,6,9-11 Jesus commands, “When you **PRAY**, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to **PRAY** standing in the synagogues {churches} and on the street corners to be seen by men...But when you **PRAY**, go into your room, close the door and PRAY to your FATHER, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you... This, then, is how you should **PRAY**: “Our Father in heaven hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.” and Luke 11:4 adds, **FORGIVE US OUR SINS**, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.”

Matthew 6:7,8: Jesus says, "And when you **PRAY**, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him!"

James 5:13-16: Is any one of you **IN TROUBLE**? He should **PRAY**!! Is any one of you **SICK**? He should call the elders {And only the elders!} of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the **PRAYER** offered in faith will make the sick person well, the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore **CONFESS YOUR SINS TO EACH OTHER** and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The **PRAYER** of a righteous man is powerful and effective!

Acts 1:14: They all joined together **CONSTANTLY IN PRAYER**!

Ephesians 6:18-19: **PRAY** in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind be alert and always keep on **PRAYING**for all the saints. **PRAY** also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel.

I John 1:8,9; 2:1,2: If we {believers} claim to be without sin, **WE DECEIVE OURSELVES** and the truth is not in us. If we **CONFESS OUR SINS**, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we {believers} we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His word has no place in our lives....If anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the **ATONING SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS**!!

Matthew 26:41: Jesus says, "Watch and **PRAY** so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak!"

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may **RECEIVE MERCY AND FIND GRACE TO HELP US IN OUR TIME OF NEED**!!

Hebrews 12:5,6,10,11: Do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the **LORD DISCIPLINES THOSE HE LOVES**, And He punishes everyone He accepts as a son... God disciplines us for our own good, that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

If we fail to daily ask forgiveness and repent of our sins God will **DISCIPLINE US** and sometimes it will be very painful. We will also **LOSE ETERNAL REWARDS** and a **CLOSE RELATIONSHIP** with God!

2 Corinthians 5:9,10: We make it our goal to please Him... for we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Luke 18:1: JESUS SAYS, **ALWAYS **PRAY** AND NEVER GIVE UP**!

Jeremiah 33:3; The Lord says, "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know!" {This would help God's saints to correctly interpret many of the mysteries in God's Word!}

Luke 11:1-4: The disciples asked Jesus, "Teach us to **PRAY**" Jesus said to His disciples, "When you **PRAY**, say: 'Father , hallowed be your name, Your kingdom come. Give us each day our **DAILY** bread. **FORGIVE US {disciples}OUR SINS**, for we forgive everyone who sins against us'"

Here we see that Jesus tells His disciples to daily ask the Father to forgive them of their sins. God's Word states that we must be holy as God is holy as per I Peter 1:15,16; and to walk as Jesus walked as per I John 2:6. And God understands that we really don't understand how much we fall short and sin daily.

I John 2:6: Whoever claims to live in Him **MUST** live as Jesus did!!

Matthew 5:48: Jesus says, "Be perfect, as your **HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT**!"

While we read in Isaiah 55:8,9: God says, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts!"

The closer we get to God the more we realize how much we fall short and sin daily; and realize our need to confess our sins daily to get closer to God. Take Paul, the greatest NT saint, for example:

I Timothy 1:15,16: Paul said, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom **I AM THE WORST**. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, **THE WORST OF SINNERS**, Christ Jesus might display **HIS UNLIMITED PATIENCE** as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life.

I Timothy 5:5: The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to **PRAY** and **ASK GOD FOR HELP**!!

I Thessalonians 5:17,18: ** PRAY**CONTINUALLY**; **GIVE THANKS IN ALL** circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philemon 1:6: I **PRAY** that you may be active in sharing your faith.

Acts 6:4: We will give our attention to **PRAYER** and the ministry of the Word!

Matthew 5:44: Jesus commands, ”Love your enemies and **PRAY** for those who persecute you.”

I Thessalonians 3:10: Night and day we **PRAY** most earnestly that we may supply what is **LACKING IN YOUR FAITH**.

Ephesians 3:16-19: I **PRAY** that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I **PRAY** that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that love which surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of the fullness of God!

2 Thessalonians 1:11,12: We **CONSTANTLY PRAY FOR YOU**, that our God may count you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We **PRAY** this that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:15-17: Jesus prayed, “My **PRAYER** is not to take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. Sanctify them by the Truth Your Word is Truth!”

I Peter 3:12: The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their **PRAYER**.

Colossians 4:12: He is always wrestling in **PRAYER** for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

Hebrews 4:15,16: For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need!!

Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by **PRAYER** and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.

I John 5:14,15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything **ACCORDING TO HIS WILL** He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of Him.

2 Corinthians 12:8,9: Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness!"

James 4:3: When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures!

Romans 8:26,27: The Spirit helps us in our **WEAKNESS**. We do not know what we ought to **PRAY** for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with **GOD'S WILL**!

Matthew 18:10-14: Jesus said, “Two men went up to the temple to **PRAY**, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and **PRAYED** about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' But the tax collector stood at a distance, He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, '**GOD, HAVE MERCY ON ME, A SINNER**'!!.'"I tell you that this man rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted!”