Author Thread: All of those women that have turned me down
Admin

All of those women that have turned me down
Posted : 8 Jun, 2020 06:52 PM

They have all missed out on a man that will care for them, protect them, and comfort them. I know what kind of a man I am. No matter who or what tears me down I'll get back up again and again. My body is weak, but my faith is strong.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2020 03:17 AM

That maybe how you see yourself.

That's not what is portrayed by your board posts.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2020 07:59 AM

You need to get Self-esteem and stop posting on not getting a Wife .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jun, 2020 09:02 AM

morgan, you need to see a doctor and tell him truthfully how you feel. There are several good medicines for depression. maybe a depression med and healthy food would help you think straight.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2020 02:34 AM

Hi Morgan. From my understanding, life hasn't be a smooth ride for you and it has affected your self-esteem. No one is doubting your faith or your heartedness, and no one denies the harsh experiences you have endured.

Joseph encountered a similar experience when he was sold off to Egypt and thrown in prison. Thrown In a jail cell of despair, did Joseph sulk and be bitter at his brothers or Potiphar’s wife? What did Joseph's end game look like?

God can use people to speak to you. Joseph was used to speak to the wine-bearer. We can forget this sometimes in the difficulties of daily life. The wine-bearer who was freed from jail forgot about Joseph for 24 months.

These ladies have offered some counsel that you can take to the bank. They only have your best interests at heart and want to encourage you to live out your faith through action. When it's marriage, it's not "what can I get from this person?" It's "what can I do to be presentable?" and "how can I make sacrifices to show God's love for this person?" When Pharaoh asked for Joseph, what did Joseph do?

Genesis 41:14 - Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh. (He made himself presentable)

Genesis 50:20 - But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Proverbs 19:20 - Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 23:21 - Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

Some questions to ponder upon may include: If a forgetful wine-bearer got redeemed by playing a huge role to save lives, can I be redeemed too? Where are helpful support resources offered in my local state? How can I access those resources? What does settling for a life of great purpose mean to me?"

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2020 08:37 PM

Hi Morgan. I don't know your situation, but I feel your pain a little bit. Keep praying to God, and He will bring someone for you, it takes time. If you do have depression, I would not go the medication route as someone has suggested. King David was depressed and He cried out to God, and didn't get a prescription for Prozac! Elijah the prophet was depressed. Jeremiah was depressed. It's a part of life Sin can cause depression as well. . God knows your mind and can help you. Meds are a gamble, as it's synthetic substances penetrating the blood-brain barrier. A chemical imbalance is not proven by objective science, only a catch-phrase to say that it fits symptoms out of a very thick diagnostic manual. But there is no objective test for chemical imbalance, only subjective terminology based on symptoms and labels.

Sometimes depression can be spiritual, demonic attack, natural circumstances, lack of nutrition, PTSD, trauma, abuse et al. God can help you, wih good food, exercise and keep your mind on Him. As far as women, there are a lot of beautiful and lonely women on this site. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Someone 'will' find you beautiful to them. I've had model type women write me on this site and I'm not remotely interested in them. I look for kindness, compassion, expression, more than a stereotypical kind of look some men go for. I'm sure a model type is fine for some, but not usually for me. Anyhow, cheer up, with Jesus Christ, (who is for you) who can really be against you? Many people who you may think that are really attractive and don't maybe notice you, may be just as lonely and frustrated as another person. Again, looks is not going to make a great spouse. Jesus in their lives is the key. I hope this helps you, brother. Pray to God to help you. We all get rejected, but don't take it too personally. I rejected several women, who many men would think they are so pretty. Why? Not my type. It's not really a rejection of 'them' but a turning down of getting to know them in a date or potential marriage setting.

I've had women turn me down who I only wanted to converse with, not date. As long as we are polite with each other, right? It's hard when people are not polite with each other. Just pray for them, and maybe gently correct them, if they shall receive, and move on.

Life goes on. It shall go on for you too. The sun shall shine tomorrow, and God will be your God and Saviour as well. Be blessed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 02:00 AM

Yes, Zee is right. The therapy and counselling route is better. We all need someone to listen to us especially in the discouraging times. Take care Morgan.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 08:36 AM

HI Dave. I thought for sure someone is going to pounce on me for nixing the 'meds' route. I have various friends and connections with people on the margins, so to speak, and have various issues, and some have mental illness. I've seen the disaster of medications, side effects, and I suspect even death of a friend who was on a lot of medication. In my late teens, early 20's I had depression. I tried a few anti-depressants for several months, and my mom and sister thought it was good. I felt like a robot and lost empathy for even 'little' things. I said to God, not testing Him in malice, but in brokenness. I asked God to either heal me or let me suffer with Him, as only He truly knew my brain and not some 'pill' fix. I went off the meds, my mom and sister were upset, and guess what? God lifted me right out of the depression! I think meds can work in short term view, I'm not anti-meds, and maybe some are having good results long term, but God freed me. I have my testimony, and nobody can take that away.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2020 08:51 AM

Dave: I want to encourage you to keep on writing on these forums, okay? Flattery aside, you have an empathy and a way that is soothing, loving, and kind, compassionate. More of what this world needs (!!!) by the way - as the world is SORELY lacking in these traits. Even amongst professing Christians sometimes, the lack is there. I know from experience that some of the most compassionate, empathetic people I know, have a close relationship with Jesus Christ, and have usually been in a lot of pain before and God has shown the way for them. I"m not saying you've necessarily seen a lot of pain, maybe yes, maybe no, but I see that in people sometimes. The compassion of those who've tasted hard times, and want others to be relieved... Brother, if I can be of any help to you as you are helping others? Feel free to message me, or if you need some advice or a soundboard? Feel free. And if you disagree with me on something, that is okay as well. Edification and correction is where it's at... I just wanted to encourage you in your writing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 05:40 AM

Your personal testimony is touching Zee. I am very happy to hear God worked a miracle transforming your life!

I hope others that read your story will reflect on their assumptions regarding depression and anti-depression medication. Meds have their place. Christians aren't against meds. Some folk would need to take meds for their entire life but that doesn't make them any less valuable.

Thank you for your compliment Zee. I think you brought up strong points. As Christians, I feel that sometimes we (me included) really are bad at applying what Peter stressed in 1 Peter 3:15. With practice and a spirit of courage, can't we step up our game? As Christians, we often say stuff such as, "don't test God", "it's just my beliefs", "It's a sin." or "God helps those who help themselves.”

We can forget how to answer people's questions like, "WHY should & HOW should the word of God be applied in my personal circumstance?" Luckily the Bible is testable. What make sense with reality?

Zee, I am most thankful for your invitation. I have loosened my age restrictions. Your experiences and assumptions aren't too far off. Personally. I grew up in an interfaith family and got a front-row seat to the other side of "peaceful" oriental belief-systems not often portrayed in the media. Feel free to test Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Atheism, etc. How do they treat women? Why are there entire Indian villages full of single males? Why is the bride-trafficking business so lucrative in China? How do they do treat physically/mentally impaired? How does racism work in those societies?

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 06:21 AM

Hi Dave. Thanks for your comments. I only have a little bit of experience in the Oriental systems, while I taught ESL in Taijon, South Korea for a litlte under a year. 200-2008. I don't have a Bachelor's, but College, so I was an 'assistant' and my director would give me a monthly gift to survive. I ran into a lot of Buddhists. I learned first hand what a severe demonic attack was in the spiritual realm. I was against Satan there and if it was not for God, I would have been dead. God literally protected me in the spiritual and physical realm. Many people, I think, think that S.Korea is Christian. Well, there are lots there, but many are culturally Christian, and more are not, statistically. It's a huge battle there, and materialism is rampant, and the stresses , of trying to obtain it.

As far as China, and bride shortages, etc., as mentioned in your blurb, we both know the 1-child policy, the massive abortions (butchering) of unborn girls in the womb, and making shortages of girls in society, has led to predictable sinful problems in China.

I don't know much about Hinduism, in terms of relating to someone from that background. Atheists, I've talked to some. The Scripture, 'they shall have no excuse' always comes into my mind. One just has to look up in the sky too know there is a God. Sometimes when someone expresses that they don't believe in God, is just saying that they are mad at God. I try to test them a bit when someone expresses that.

Page : 1 2