Author Thread: You have any Scripture related to Giving?
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
You have any Scripture related to Giving?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2020 02:46 PM

God loves a cheerful giver.

Often Christians don't give to God's Work.

Don't you realize that giving us a part of Christian Life.

If you are s non giver, pray for yourself.

Generosity is a good way to help people.

Not speaking of just Money 💰.

However, it takes money to pay for housing and everything you get unless it is given to You!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 05:36 AM

I'm under God's guidance and the New Covenant. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

You're way off topic Quiznos.

Your insulting .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 05:46 AM

Let someone else post ! Your very Critical of Christians !!

Church and Pastors who are called by God .

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 01:09 PM

Of course,giving is scriptural. But we do need to keep things in context. The old testament said the priests and Levites were supported by the tithes and offerings. The tithes were mandatory. Malachi says they are to be brought into the storehouse. Where is that? Jerusalem. That is not found in the passages related to giving in the new testament. Offerings are not salaries. Read acts 20:17-38.

Read closely verses 33-35. Paul says, I desired/coveted anyone's silver or gold or clothing. "You yourselves know that these hands of mine served for my needs and those who are with me. I have showed you by example that laboring in this way, it is necessary that you support the weak and that you remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that he said, it is more blessed to give than to receive." Who was Paul talking to? He was addressing the Ephesian elders. The New testament openly teaches that elders, bishops, overseers and pastors are different words for the same person. The assembly of believers is not controlled by anyone on Earth. God uses sheep to lead the sheep. The body of Christ is not a one person ministry, as some see it, one pastor with the elders underneath. The elders are to work to give to those who have need. They set the example so that the other members of the body will do the same (Ephesians 4:28, 2 Thessalonians 3:8-10). In this way, all the members of the body work together. It gives every member of the body something to do, rather than sitting in the pew, having someone talk down to them. Whoever happens to have the gift of teaching is a sheep just like all the other sheep. Every believer is special. None are to be salaried. If I or you want to give to other believers because I/you have received blessing from them, that's what scripture indicates.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 01:14 PM

Correction, Paul coveted no one's silver or gold, etc. Autospell! Arrgg!

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 02:58 PM

Abounding, tricknology is great, NOT.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2020 04:58 PM

Well after my church tour and studying the word for 30 years I believe we should all be priests and theologians or we are not doing our duty.

However there are always going to be those selling the stairway to heaven and plenty of people who are more than willing to purchase it in a bid to negate their duties.

I mean if I could pretty much guarantee a place in heaven from saying the right words, praying, turning up to church once a week and paying 10% of my income that is a pretty sweet deal. Unfortunately for many the righteous path cannot be purchased or traveled that cheap. Deep down everyone knows that but people like to delude themselves at whatever level is needed to help them sleep at night.

I mean death is coming for us all so really at the Atheist level everyone should be having mental breakdowns and staving off depression & anxiety with alcohol and hard drugs. On the other end of the scale anyone looking for ultimate truth will leave no stone un turned and even constantly question all aspects of their faith including how accurate biblical translations are to make sure that their base is always solid regardless of what crops up.

Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween so the level of commitment will match whats needed to massage their conscience. Mindlessly giving money because someone says so just isn't enough for me and I surpassed pretty much every pastor I have ever heard years ago in how far I would push the limits to get to the truth no matter how much it will rock the boat and potentially damage another's faith if they dare try to follow my reasoning. I take the view that if you can't climb that mountain you were never a mountain climber and your faith was hollow if it couldn't stand any truth that doesn't fit your current understanding. The tree of knowledge is a double edged sword. If you don't learn it you will be at the mercy of the one who will. Satan knows everything there is to know about that tree all too well. The amount of power he has at any given time in this world is likely linked to the amount of knowledge and power the elect has at the same time. As knowledge to God's people increases so will Satan's power to influence and delude the masses. Hope everyone is ready for Agenda 21.

Matthew 7:6 Do not cast your pearls before swine.

Generally the reason I don't waste my time in a McChurch. People looking for a 3 course meal don't go to the drive through. I don't want to feel filled with the Holy Spirit for 10 or 20 minutes. I want the knowledge that I am always.

Page : 1 2 3