Author Thread: When christians meet together Sunday mornings !!!
Quiznos

View Profile
History
When christians meet together Sunday mornings !!!
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 04:43 AM

When christians meet Sunday mornings, why do they listen to a so called message instead of wanting to learn how to read, study, and to translate the Scriptures.

The Holy Spirit should be leading the people into all truth, if this is so,then why are the christians content with a so called message instead of the entire book.

That is like being extremely hungry then going to a restaurant, then ordering a big steak with baked potato, salad and italian bread, with raspberry iced tea. Before the food arrives you have a few croutons and a few sips of water, then you ask the server to give the meal to someone that really needs the food.

frodo5791

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 02:39 PM

I agree with you! BTW... nice Jeep. I have one myself. I was an atheist until I was 35. The spirit of Yahweh found me in my house. I live, eat, breathe the Bible. I can't understand why everyone else spends all of their time with social media, streaming media and movies, and only a few minutes a week reading Scripture. Dive in! Full immersion of the word!

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 02:53 PM

Frodo, welcome to the forum.

One of the problems i have with the christians ( and i have many ),is that if most were put on the witness stand and asked to give testimony as to the character, attitude, and personality of Messiah, they would be very silent.

Then if they were asked about the Word of GOD Almighty, they might start to cry, or say Go ask MY pastor.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2020 02:56 PM

Frodo, the Jeep, that was a photo i had taken for the safety director at the company. He said he wanted to buy a jeep, i sent him that photo.

Myself, i have a Honda CRV, 4 wheel drive, no bells or whistles.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2020 04:20 PM

McChurch, fast religion.

Cheap, quick and easy.

Not always fulfilling or nutritious if you are looking for development and spiritual growth. That takes time, thought, prayer and effort.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2020 08:56 AM

I'm guessing it's because they want to. I go to church on Sundays to worship hear the lesson and meet with fellow believers. And during the week I go to bible study to study the bible. My church is currently doing services via youtube...:-)