Author Thread: I think I'm starting to understand God's will for my life
Admin

I think I'm starting to understand God's will for my life
Posted : 21 Oct, 2020 06:15 PM

I'm not going to say that I know 100% what His plans are, but I believe that He has been speaking to me and trying to get me out of this hole of unbelief that I seem to keep digging myself into. I know He is a mighty and powerful God and I've been having so many negative thoughts because of things I've done in the past. I know He has forgiven me, but I've still had doubts that He could help me make my life better. But I've been thinking about it and God's will doesn't always mean that we're going to have a better life on this earth. If we are one of His, then our lives should be dictated by Him and Him alone, not us or anyone else. He needs to take full control. My advice to anyone who is here seeking truth you're not going to find it here on this site or from any of the people on it. If you're seeking the truth then, if you can, look for a Bible, read it. I'm not going to tell you where to start reading, that's all up to the Lord. And if you don't have access to a Bible then I urge you to pray, ask God to help you understand and get closer to Him. Ever since I've been here on this site I've been finding it harder and harder to pray and keep my faith, but I know there are some here that needs the words that God has put on my heart to give to you. As long as you give Him glory for it, then that's all really matters. I will continue to this until the Lord wants me to stop, and I pray that you will seek Him first and trust in His will first. Before I've ever joined or any dating site that's what I was doing. But then after joining them I've started having these negative thoughts and now I don't. I have faith in God's will for me, I believe all my prayers will be answered one day. But even if they're not answered then I know that it's just His will. His will is perfect and whether it is to make our lives better, happier, miserable or sad we should just accept it and keep trusting in Him and drawing closer and closer to Him. Stay grounded in His and hide it's words in your heart, and don't give up.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2020 02:55 PM

Dating sites are not always Best for some Men.

It's not the Only Venue to meet a mate/Spouse/whomever.

Many are already dating or in Relationships on dating sites these days .

God Bless you anywho!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2020 05:51 PM

HaveFaithInJesus says QUOTE “My advice to anyone who is here seeking truth you're not going to find it here on this site or from any of the people on it.” END QUOTE

You’re one of the people on this site, I’m so sorry you feel that way about your posts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2020 04:40 PM

And you didn't read what I said after that David.

"If you're seeking the truth then, if you can, look for a Bible, read it."

Do you find any fault with that sentence, or would rather just talk about the one?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 11:56 AM

Yes I read that Morgan, but did you realize both sentences appear on “this forum”?

You claim there’s “no truth on this forum”. Can’t you see the contradiction?

One of the major reasons persons like yourself experience difficulties in life may have a lot to do with how you reject of accept helpful criticism. Have a feeling you’ve heard that before—closer to home perhaps

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2020 05:49 PM

Actually David, I am able to take criticism. What I can't stand is when people takes the smallest word/sentence out of the context of what I say and turn it back around to make me look like I'm stupid or to make me look like I'm a terrible person. I stand by what I said. Truth can definitely not be found on this site or any others for that matter. Yes, I'm one of the people on this site, but I don't want anyone here to take MY word as gospel. If anyone's word is to be taken as gospel it's God's word. If I'm contradicting myself here I really could care less. The fact is if a person is seeking truth then they should turn to the word of God.