Author Thread: Losing weight doesn't always give you confidence
Admin

Losing weight doesn't always give you confidence
Posted : 25 Oct, 2020 02:31 PM

Back before I even knew CDFF ever existed I lost over 100 pounds at one point. I always heard that losing weight would make me feel better, help me breathe better and give me more self esteem. But I didn't really feel that different. My breathing didn't really get too much better, but that's mainly because part of one of my lungs had to be taken out, and I didn't really feel very confident in myself. I'm not saying losing weight doesn't give you any confidence. It might to some. But I didn't feel very confident, and I believe it was more so the fact that I've never had a girlfriend. I also always told that if I lost all the weight I'd be turning heads, but I never seen it. Right now I'm back to exercising and watching calories, but it's not really for my confidence or for attention from the ladies, it's mainly because I'm tired of being big and I'm tired my stomach getting in my way and I'm tired of it hurting sometimes. That's about it. And I got to be honest, even if I do lose weight I'm still going have things I don't love about myself, like my freakishly large, size 15 feet (I'm not lying, that's the size I wear), and my big, bulbous head, that's trying to go bald now, so that's a plus. I'll admit it I'm not a looker. And there's a lot about me that losing weight just ain't gonna fix. If a woman happens to like what she sees then that would be a miracle. And it's good thing I believe in miracles, because if I didn't I'd be lost. God bless you. Amen.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 07:52 AM

You’re exactly right.

Some beautiful skinny people can’t find true love or confidence but some “fat ugly bald” people find happiness, confidence and true love!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2020 07:08 PM

The habits and discipline you build to lose the weight develops some confidence. Keep up your hard work mate.

Pascalbeatha

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2020 01:16 PM

I think the key is just to "love your body", forme I feel more confident when I loose weight.