Author Thread: Beliefs preventing acceptance?
Admin

Beliefs preventing acceptance?
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 12:30 PM

Are my beliefs preventing people from accepting me? Are they in trun preventing people from loving me? I am so lonely.

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 06:10 PM

My brother, you are not alone in the being lonely. Since I am still just seperated I can't even think about going on a date or anything like that. Yet I was lonely in the marriage before I seperated. I have to hold on to the truth of all in God's time, not mine. I just thank God for this site and the wonderful fellowship to be had here ( by brothers and sisters ). As far as your beliefs being the problem, I can't say. I know that when I have those type of doubts I go to someone I believe knows a lot more than I do. I trust that they will tell me the truth not just what I want to hear. We will go to scripture to see if what I think lines up with the Word of God ( the ultimate test ). It's good to get an outside perspective on things ' cause left to myself I can get things pretty twisted up. Hope this helps in some way and stay strong in the Lord Samson, you're in the right place. Mike

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 07:08 PM

dear samson, i accept you and love you as a brother.. we all come from different walks and denominations and beliefs.. but we all have one thing in common ,, JESUS CHRIST. know that its ok for you to disagree with me and i dont hold it against ya..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 03:17 AM

I agree with Mike and Ole..

first your faith should STRENGTHEN you because you know Jesus..

I think that if peopel can not accpet your faith do you wnat them in your life? I know we all need to be accepting of others but we all also know that sometimes that is difficult at best and others well we do not even try. I am human I know my faults and failings which are many but I TRY to be nice to everyone..most of teh time I manage it..

GBU

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 08:50 AM

BROTHER SAMSON, JUST AS CHRIST ACCEPTED US ALL, I ACCEPT YOU, SO YOUR NOT LONELY.:glow:

Stan4life

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 04:20 PM

Samson;

I don't know what your specific beliefs are, but if you believe in Jesus Christ, then we are brothers in Christ.

Whenever I feel lonely I like to read Romans 8, especially verse 38 & 39, 'For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God is always with us, Amen.

Stan

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:34 AM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you brother Samson.

As you know, we never really disagreed concerning your beliefs in regards to not celebrating the various holidays. We justdiffer in our approach. I used to be where you are (well maybe not exactly), but closer than I am now, but it took some time, by the grace of GOD.

Now being lonely isn't unusual for any of GOD'S saints carrying the WORD of GOD in a contrary world. But we have the COMFORTER WHO IS THE HOLY GHOST.

I encourage you also to reach out to people with the Gospel of CHRIST on a daily basis. Don't isolate yourself for the world is filled with people who need to hear about the LORD JESUS.

You can take trips and feed the hungry, in the NAME of The LORD JESUS, as GOD allows. People are everywhere and they need what we have "the Gospel of CHRIST."

i urge you though to not allow your teaching on the holidays to overcome and your preaching of the Gospel of CHRIST, HIS love and what HE did to save us. Everything has it's proper place. Seek GOD for direction.

Personally, I try to help all that I can and willing to assist,but I'm careful not to let man get too close as I've been let down too many times and that's enough for me. So I stay close to CHRIST and seek to help others to get close to CHRIST as well. HE won't let any of us down. Amen.

In the Love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 08:01 PM

Hey Brother Samson,

First of all, let's take a look at what you wrote, "Are my beliefs preventing people from accepting me? "

The answer is, "NO!" If someone cannot accept you, and love you, and help you through whatever it is that you are going through, then they either have not the love of God in them, or they are young believers, too, who do not mean any harm, but do not know, yet, how to overcome their immaturity, and love and help you, because they, themselves, need the same.

Secondly, let's take a look at what you wrote, about, "Are they in turn preventing people from loving me?"

Again, the answer is "NO!" The World is a messed up place because of sin, my Brother, and there are things that occur, that while they do not appear to be in God's control, they actually are. You need to learn a lesson that the Lord teaches all of His children, and that is, "THINGS DO NOT HAVE TO GOD THE WAY YOU WANT, OR THINK, FOR GOD TO BE IN CONTROL!"

If someone cannot accept you, and love you, and help you through whatever it is that you are going through, then they either have not the love of God in them, or they are young believers, too, who do not mean any harm, but do not know, yet, how to overcome their immaturity, and love and help you, because they, themselves, as I said, need the same.

Thirdly, let's take a look at what you wrote, about, "I am so lonely?"

If you are a believer, you have the assurances of the Holy Spirit, Who will never leave you nor forsake you. The work of developing your faith is a precise work, and is quite painful at times. It is akin to being purified as gold; it is a Refiner's Fire, that is spiritually at work, and sometimes we do not like the pain and difficulties, but later, we will learn to say, "Father, your working in your children is so beautiful, so perfect. You knew what you were doing all along!"