Author Thread: Beautiful Women
Admin

Beautiful Women
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 10:31 PM

It's very obvious after looking at some men's profiles that looks are very high at the top of the list for some if not most men. Attached on most profiles is something like this, "prefer a woman who stays fit", "I like a woman who takes care of herself", "a woman who is in shape". While some men may actually mean that, we women know that it's also code for not fat.

It's amazing to me the emphasis men put on a woman's looks. Most would say, oh, but men are just visual creatures. Really? Where in the Bible does God say that He made men to be more visual than women. Women can appreciate beauty just as much as men, and believe me we like to be married to or dating someone who looks amazing to us. But, I think the emphasis has been put too much by men on women's looks. It would try to put pressure on women to be or look a certain way. No woman wants to be married and feel like she has to look a certain way or maintain a certain weight. Yet that is the message some men would send or seem to send. What if women held you guys to such rigid expectations on your looks as you seem to do to us? As someone well put it on this site, some of you men want a filet mignon when you yourself are an uninspected butt end of pork.

Let me submit to you that if you will look at a women spiritually, and see her beautiful that way first, it will help the situation a lot and I believe you will even find her more beautiful physically if you'll do that. I believe a women's weight should be between her and the Lord. I'm not talking about being totally unhealthy, and I certainly think it is cool for a woman to be beautiful to her husband and appear beautifully for him. But if you will back off and let her weight be between her and God and take the pressure off her, you would probably be surprised how beautiful she would appear to you. If you give us freedom to be who God made us to be and be beautiful spiritually and physically and be natural, we would be happier to and more eager to dress well for you and present ourselves beautifully to you.

Just a tip.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 09:47 PM

Two things:

1). Neh:8:10: Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Eccl:2:24: There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.

Eccl:3:13: And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Eccl:5:18: Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

1Tm:4:8: For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

2) The spiritual is more important that the natural. I think this thread has succeeded in making the point that some males have put an undue emphasis on looks and weight and shape. You can exercise until the cows come home and then pick them up and lift them for exercise but don't be surprised if some of us don't dance to that tune. Women, I suggest you be healthy and look well for God and your family and you, not because some guy has a necessity of that or makes it required.

Don't concentrate just on the physical. Ask questions and see if he is a godly man even prepared to make a good candidate for a relationship.

Is He saved?

What is his relationship with God?

Does he have a church?

What does he believe?

Does it agree with what you believe?

Would he pray with you?

Has he been married before?

How many times?

What caused the break up of those marriages and what is he doing to insure that will never happen again?

Does he have children? What is his relationship with those children?

How much could the ex-spouse be in the picture?

Does he have a job?

Is he stable financially to have a wife and children?

Does he have a history of being financially stable for wife and children?

What are his spiritual goals?

Do they agree with yours?

What is his family life like?

Is he godly and absent of major problems?

There are many questions to be asked outside the physical. Ask them. And don't let men put pressure on you to dictate your physical upkeep.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 04:06 AM

If you are trying to justify eating whatever you want for the sake of self gratification that is the wrong assumption to make. With the understanding that the Old Testament scriptures you mentioned are under the law given unto Moses whatever they ate was appropriated as satisfactory by god. For example, avoiding eating scavengers like pigs, crustaceans, and eating such things such as fish, and beef. Also, meats such as beef contain less saturated fat than pork due to a cow�s diet of light grasses. This is assuming the cows are raised in the natural setting on a grazing field. Not the cows of today, produced by the beef industry which is fed steroids and other fattening foods for quickness and profit. Also, fish contains such things as omega 3 fatty acids as well as other good protein chains, it is a lean meat, and not filled with the fat of other animals, not containing the saturated fats of meat animals. It promotes heart health, has been shown to prevent cancer, and has many other health benefits like boosting metabolic rates. Thinking you can eat a trans fat filled candy bar, or a 40 oz. steak filled with saturated and just say grace and it is all ok is not the proper manner to handle your diet, or live a long and healthy life.

Look at what is stated in the book of Daniel.

Dan.1

[1] In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.

[2] And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

[3] And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;

[4] Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

[5] And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.

[6] Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:

[7] Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abed-nego.

[8] But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

[9] Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.

[10] And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.

[11] Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,

[12] Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

[13] Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.

[14] So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.

[15] And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

[16] Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.

[17] As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

[18] Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

[19] And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

[20] And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

[21] And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.

Clearly they did not eat the kings meat or drink the wine because they knew it would be unhealthy to their bodies and it wouldn�t not provide them with the proper nutrition. They also knew it would affect their ability to think and their overall appearance. They rejected to Kings meals and decided to eat a healthy diet and they were blessed because of it.

The scripture you referenced in 1 Tim. 4:8 states �For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.� That word �little� defined in the Greek means �puny, in extent, degree, number, duration or value, somewhat, almost, briefly, few, little, a season or short, small, a while.� God is not telling you there is no benefit to physical exercise, or that you should avoid it. That is clearly not the case. What he is saying is that a Christian should realize that all things shall pass away, regardless if it is your body, money, cares, worries, whatever. That you should not be obsessed with it, and your ultimate obsession should be the things of the kingdom which are eternal and do not pass away, and focusing on life in eternity. It is unwise to think that eating unhealthy or neglecting your physical body is somehow ok with god. It is the vessel that the holy spirit dwells in take care of it, and treat it with respect.

The questions you have identified are questions each person should ask themselves regardless if they are male or female before entering a relationship. They are preferences. I wouldn�t pressure anyone to maintain their physical upkeep in a relationship. My priorities are to have someone that physical upkeep is a part of their lives just as it is a part of my life. I wouldn�t date them if that wasn�t the case. Just like I wouldn�t date anyone who had sex outside of wedlock. I am a virgin and have reserved myself for marriage, and that is just a preference I have. I just believe that sex should be something that my spouse and I should experience together, when it is blessed and approved of by God within a holy union. That is my preference. That is something I would look for in a spouse before I would even consider dating them. It doesn�t have to be someone else�s preferences. That is my standard, and if I want to choose that it is my choice. It is just something I live by. We must all respect the word of god for what it is and analyze it in detail so we do not make any errors. We must also live our lives glorifying Christ, shine our light, and live as examples unto a dying world. All in all, God bless.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 04:11 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. That would be unedifying. The three Hebrew children did not eat those things because they did not appear on the God approved diet. Not because of the nutritional factor. They followed the Israel diet, that's why they did it not because those things are bad for you. They were looking at the spiritual not the natural. You wrote in your own response that exercise is of little, or puny, benefit. That's why it's more important to look after the spiritual. If you wouldn't pressure someone great. But when should being saved be a preference?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 04:52 PM

:laugh:dude...I think you're going to need to borrow my shovel...I'll see you in china! I think I'm gonna get there first though:goofball:.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 05:19 PM

P.S. Mentioning when should being saved be a preference, I was referrin to my list of questions to ask. Saved should not be a preference. I said clearly in my post that women should look well and be healthy. Di you not read that? You used Scripture but used it in the wrong way. The three Hebrew children did not eat that because it was not in the diet God gave them to eat. They were really being obedient Scripturally and spiritually. Not because those foods were bad nutrition. That is why that Scripture says, bodily or physical exercise profits little. I used five verses from three chapters seeing what it says over the course of different chapters or verses or places. You used one.

Not being argumentative, I just think that some people use preferences in the wrong way, either making something a preference {like being saved} that is a total necessity or making preferences of things that hurt people like preferring certain physical types in a bad way, while ignoring more important spiritual and other matters. That's why I think we see profiles on this site where people have been married multiple times, have no job, have no church or home church, are not financially set, maybe have no clear direction for the future, but by golly, they want their wife to be cute and they want to marry us. They know what eating healthy is and want to shape in shape and their wife also. And they honestly think that that's enough for us to just marry them. Buzzz!!! Try again.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 05:19 PM

Yikes...I think I'll follow the God approved diet. What He says usually works out. And you're right...bodily exercise doesn't save you....but it sure makes this life easier, and it's a good witness for Christians to be healthy and happy. Why would someone want to be a christian if we're all sick and mean? And I have to agree with "Xxbruthaman17xX"...preferences are important to a happy marriage. You're supposed to find someone compatible. Not just someone that loves God. Finding someone that loves God is almost more of a requirement then a preference. So while I would PREFER someone like me...that's all it is...a preference. Not a requirement. Like I said, if I found someone I couldn't live without, my preferences wouldn't matter. But I don't think preferences are bad...only when they're actually requirements pretending to be preferences, lol...if that makes sense...

:peace::peace:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 05:22 PM

No fair! You snuck that in before mine! *pout*

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 05:29 PM

And a question, gloryshine...aren't you judging someone for judging other people?:goofball: Aren't you eliminating people as options, and telling other people to do the same because you don't like their "preferences/requirements"? Just curious...and...who has another shovel? I think I'm going to need one...I let someone else borrow mine...

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 05:39 PM

To acknowledge that some people's preferences are out line is good. To stay away from those people and advise others to do so, is good. I'm just observing that some people, particularly males, seem to be off balance in their "preferential" view of women. To help women by helping them avoid them, is not bad, nor is it any judging. To have the "requirements" in a bad way is bad. To advise others to bypass those who do that is wise.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 06:15 PM

Beating women is bad. If I say it's wrong for a man to beat a woman, am I judging him or acknowledging that he's doing something wrong? Would I be wise to stay away from someone who beats women and advises other women to do so, or would I be judgmental by bypassing him? These questions are obvious. It's okay to say that some men put unrealistic standards on women. And it's okay to stay away from them and advise others to do so. If someone has unfair standards for some women, that's what's wrong. Not saying something about the behavior.

Some women will appreciate that I have stuck up for them and defended what could be unfair standards. Some things are just bad. One lady on another post said she saw a guy's ad who wanted someone gorgeous and tiny in figure. She wisely said, Get real boys, that hurts every girl. Why would you say something like that? He can have that preference but it's hurtful for girls to read that. And with that attitude he most likely will not get a good lady. She would know that one of the things that most concerned him was her figure and her looks. Just know that it makes a woman much more secure and more likely to look beautiful if she knows that you find her beautiful and will do so no matter what she looks like. It comes across to us as you saying I will like you as long you always look like that or look well to me. That is wrong and the wrong way to start a marriage and a burden a woman shouldn't have to bear. Some of you may not do that. But don't be surprised when I say that some of you apparently do or would. You can say, I can pick whoever I want. Fine. But so can we. And when we read that profile that seems to be overly obsessed on looks, know that we see through it, and I advise women to look on.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6