Author Thread: Beautiful Women
Admin

Beautiful Women
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 10:31 PM

It's very obvious after looking at some men's profiles that looks are very high at the top of the list for some if not most men. Attached on most profiles is something like this, "prefer a woman who stays fit", "I like a woman who takes care of herself", "a woman who is in shape". While some men may actually mean that, we women know that it's also code for not fat.

It's amazing to me the emphasis men put on a woman's looks. Most would say, oh, but men are just visual creatures. Really? Where in the Bible does God say that He made men to be more visual than women. Women can appreciate beauty just as much as men, and believe me we like to be married to or dating someone who looks amazing to us. But, I think the emphasis has been put too much by men on women's looks. It would try to put pressure on women to be or look a certain way. No woman wants to be married and feel like she has to look a certain way or maintain a certain weight. Yet that is the message some men would send or seem to send. What if women held you guys to such rigid expectations on your looks as you seem to do to us? As someone well put it on this site, some of you men want a filet mignon when you yourself are an uninspected butt end of pork.

Let me submit to you that if you will look at a women spiritually, and see her beautiful that way first, it will help the situation a lot and I believe you will even find her more beautiful physically if you'll do that. I believe a women's weight should be between her and the Lord. I'm not talking about being totally unhealthy, and I certainly think it is cool for a woman to be beautiful to her husband and appear beautifully for him. But if you will back off and let her weight be between her and God and take the pressure off her, you would probably be surprised how beautiful she would appear to you. If you give us freedom to be who God made us to be and be beautiful spiritually and physically and be natural, we would be happier to and more eager to dress well for you and present ourselves beautifully to you.

Just a tip.

LJP1944

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 02:26 PM

Mark,

Come on guy, you've gotta run faster than that!! Sorry, everyone, no disrespect intended, but that exchange was hillarious!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 07:33 PM

Hey LJP1944...no disrespect taken, altho....wait...what's that behind your back?? A pitchfor...ACK!?:stop::bouncy::prayingm::bouncy::prayingm::bouncy::prayingm::bouncy::prayingm::

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 07:58 PM

I agree with the ladies that it should not matter, but lets not forget that women are just as guilty as the males of this.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 11:14 PM

dear joesph, welcome to the foorums..

ole cattle

LJP1944

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 11:35 PM

Yes, there is a worldly philosophy in which some women do the same thing. They seek rich men who can provide them with worldly treasures or increased social status. It's taking something not evil in and of itself and making an idol of it. They're called gold diggers, and as believer's we know that's a part of the flesh that needs to die.

(Hmm-m...That pitchfork may have been the one I was trying to find to help bale someone out of his mess)

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 07:49 AM

:ROFL: Nice! But I still say you were holding it in a threatening manner...:boxing:

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 01:31 PM

You'll need more than a pitch fork mark, you'll need an excavator to dig yourself out of this mess, lol, j/m. Fitness is a personal choice. Although, the bible does state that your body is a temple of god, and you definately wouldn't put anything into a temple that would offend god, same thing goes for your body. You wouldn't put saw dust in the tank of your car, neither would you use kool aid as an aid in cleaning your fuel injector, lol. As for me, I was raised in a family that was very focused on staying fit and healthy. My parents would exercise and maintain a healthy form of eating together. I made this a part of my life as well, and would like it if my future lover was the same way. I think it could be something we could work on together. I really think that was what Mark was trying to say. He likes to keep his body fit, so he would be looking for someone who shares that same interest. Just like if person was looking for other similar interests or hobbies. If maintaining physical shape is not something that is important to someone then that is their choice. I believe that I should remain fit to live the healthiest and longest life possible. Also, I won't have to deal with heart disease or obesity, or my percentage of cancer being increased. In all things we must used wisdom. I have had several family members who have passed away before there time due to not taking care of themselves, dieing of heart attacks and strokes. My family also has a history of high cholesterol problems so that is also my reason to be motivated in maintaining physical fitness. I mean look at Daniel, shadrach, meshach, and Abednego of the bible. They took care of themselves physically, not drinking wine and eating a whole lot of vegatables. King Neb found out that they were the healthiest and smartest of the whole youth. Studies have shown that people who exercise and eat healthy are more productive in the workplace, are not sluggish, and are more active at home. It has even been shown that physical exercise can stimulate your thought process and can help you think more quickly and more precisely. Which is why everyone from golfers to pro motocross racers exercise so their mind and bodies can perform at exceptional levels. Even in my own life, I have experienced that if I don't eat healthy, or if I'll eat a piece of cake, or some candy, I'll feel sluggish, and tired. Hey, its the truth, and it is something I feel very strongly about. I believe that not taking care of yourself is like slapping god in the face. A lot of health troubles can be avoided by just doing simple exercise and watching your food intake. In all things we must use wisdom, think it is alright to eat little Debbie's and get a nice slice of the red velvet cake. Lets not be oblivious to the fact that we must take care of ourselves to live productive and successful lives. Food is simply a means of keeping you alive, not something to be pleasureable. You eat to live, and live to eat. If someone doesn't believe in that then they are just in denial.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 02:06 PM

dear folks, i recon were all shallow as we all have preferences.. cause if you got a preference of any kind ,cept for bein equally yoked, as it is written.. smile then youre as shallow as anyone else that has a preference.

so unless youre willin to just marry and love the next person that shows an interist in you and is a christian, then you got a preference of some kind.. and they aint nothin wrong with a preference folks..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 02:19 PM

Well said ole cattle, great words of wisdom, only wish I would have thought of it, lol.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 09:04 PM

hello my sister glory. ole cattle is right. there's nothing wrong with having a preference. we all have preferences. i get where you're coming from though. i see your point.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6